Librarium Online Forums banner

1000 point army part 2

901 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Col. Dracus 
#1 ·
2nd attempt at making my first CSM army please tips very welcome

Chao Lord MoK, Terminator Armor, Pair of Lightning Claws 120
Chaos Terminators x 5 4 pairs of lightning claws, 1 heavy flamer 195
Chaos Space Marines x 10 aspiring champion w/ power fist, MoK,2x flammer, Rhino 265
Khorne Berzerkers x9 skull champion, w/ power fist Chaos Rino w/ Damonic Posession 284
Obliteratorsx 2 150

#2 ·
if you really like the lord..... you will get more kills with a sorcerer with wings or flying steed and warptime.(apparently this will do more than any lord) but if you really want to kick butt a daemon prince with wings and a defensive mark(such as nurgle for higher toughness or Tzeentch for a better invuln save) will do more for your points.

at this level of play terms are very expensive and i would not recommend them. you will get more from a foot slogging squad of marines for less points.

your troops look good, and oblits are a very strong choice. at this points cost i have had good results from a raptor squad with asp champ and power phist and 2 melta

#3 · (Edited)
]Chaos Lord MoK, Terminator Armor, Pair of Lightning Claws 120
Chaos Space Marines x 10 aspiring champion w/ power fist, IoK, 2x Meltagun, Rhino 275
Khorne Berzerkers x9 skull champion, w/ power fist Chaos Rino 243
Khorne Berzerkers x10 skull champion, w/ power fist Chaos Rino 285
Obliterator 75

is something like that better?

#4 ·
I think the next question is how will the Lord get into combat? are you going to run him on the table by himself or deep strike? Both way will make him a nice target for shooting, seeing how all your troops are in rhinos, and i am guessing you will have your oblits Deep strike. And he has no ranged weapons so he has to sit there for 1 turn after deep strikeing and take all the shots at him or run and have the same issue. in this case you might want a power armor lord/sorc to go with a squad in a rhino or a Deamon Prince with wings to keep up with the rhinos.

#6 ·
You don't have to drop a unit to 8. just drop the Termi armor and put him in the group of 9 that you have. Models in Termi armor can't take a rhino transport. Then you will also have some extra points you might be able to give him a deamon weapon instead of the termi armor and pair of LCs. you will have to check the points cost as i do not have to codex in front of me.

#7 · (Edited)
ok hows this?

Chaos Lord MoK, Daemon Weapon, Wings 160
Chaos Space Marines x 10 Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist, 2x Meltagun, Chaos Rhino w/Havoc Launcher 260
Khorne Berzerkers x10 Skull Champion, w/ Power Fist, Chaos Rhino w/Havoc Launcher 290
Khorne Berzerkers x10 Skull Champion, w/ Power Fist, Chaos Rhino w/Havoc Launcher 290

1000 even

#8 ·
Your lord is still an issue. He is going to get shot up real quick. I would probably do something like below.

Chaos Lord: MoK, Deamon Weapon 140
CSM x10 champ w/ pf, 2x Meltagun, Rhino 245
Berzerkers x8 champ w/ pf, rhino 243
Dreadnaught w/ TL Lascannon 125

total: 996

This way your Lord can ride with a squad of berzerkers and now u have a dreadnaught with come ranged anti-tank ability. You just don't want to run him next to your rhino.

#9 ·
Your lord is still an issue. He is going to get shot up real quick. I would probably do something like below.

Chaos Lord: MoK, Deamon Weapon 140
CSM x10 champ w/ pf, 2x Meltagun, Rhino 245
Dreadnaught w/ TL Lascannon 125

total: 996

This way your Lord can ride with a squad of berzerkers and now u have a dreadnaught with come ranged anti-tank ability. You just don't want to run him next to your rhino.
listen to this guy, he knows whereof he speaks.

#11 ·
I'd have to agree. Throw in that crazyness with a Dread that nukes a nearby Rhino and you've got quite the potential for shooting yourself in the foot. Thats not to say this army won't work at all. In a friendly match it could be hella fun, and you have a chance to really roll an insane amount of attacks with the Lord and do nasty things with a Dread... But if you play the army enough you will definitely be your own worst enemy at points. Hopefully its not on the first match and it doesn't sour your taste for the minions of the Blood God. The dice are already unreliable enough as it is. The 140pts for a Demon Prince with wings and 6 guaranteed attacks on the charge is a bit more my taste, and I'd say probably a better place to start with for a new Chaos player.

#12 ·
Kharne would be nice but i also know a lot of people who like to dictate that there are no special characters allowed, and you can have an isse with this list with running a Deamon Prince as hw will be a target for small arms fire... you can deep strike him if he has wings but that is normaly a bad idea as he has no ranged weaponry and will do nothing on the turn he comes in.

Now you can drop the Deamon Weapon for a standard power weapon, at that point you should be able to take a defiler instead of the Dread.

And this is the isse I always seem to run into.... there are a ton of options when it comes to this stuff. I say play for fun and just try stuff out.

:) Good luck. If you like the risk of the dread and the deamon weapon go for it... just consider the risk vs reward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.