New player Army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New player Army list

So when i bought the CSM codex i was going to be play a Word Bearer fluffy army with a huge focus on Tzeentchy things. however, reading the codex the lack of demon selection kind of turned me off from it. So i started browsing the forums and i think i decided on a force that would be good for me to start for a 1000 point however i def see somethings i might need to change.

What i would like is to get as much feed back as possible and some discussion before i make my final selection because im going to be doing this on a limited budget. It should be noted that the only thing i own is the black reach starter (so i am a huge newb but no fool) so i could get a feel of the basics and start going through the motions of the rules to better get an idea for myself how this game plays. (i must say after a long time of wanting to play this game i wish i would have sooner)

So here is the list

First Draft

HQ:
    Chaos Prince
    wings
    MoT
    Warptime
    BoC
    total-200

Troops:
    Chaos Space Marine (9)
    Plasma Gun
    Missle Launcher
    Aspiring Champion
    Melta Bomb
    Total-195

Khorne Bezerkers (9)
    Skull Champion
    Power Weapon
    Melta bomb
    Dedicated Rhino
    Havoc Launcher
    Total-295

Heavy Support:
    Obliterator Cult (2)
    Total-150

Elites:
    Chaos Terminators (3)
    Terminator Champion(1)
    IoK
    Total-160

Army Total-1000

Second Draft

HQ: Same

Troops: Chaos Space Marines (9)
    Plasma Gun (2)
    Aspiring Champion
    Combi-Melta
    Total-205

Khorne Bezerkers (9)
    Skull Champion
    Power Fist
    Rhino
    Total-285

Heavy Support: Same

Elites: Same

Army Total-1000

I look forward to hearing your replies

Last edited by InnocentDictator; January 22nd, 2010 at 17:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

You should post this in the army list section, not here.

First issue I see, the melta bombs on the CSMs are nice very situationaly, but unless the vehicle didn't move the previous turn, it's hard to get them to hit.
    You can save 10 points.

In the CSM squad, you're mixing a heavy weapon with the rapid fire special weapon.
    Also, ranges are different. A nice rule of thumb is to keep like weapons with eachother, if you want to make that CSM squad more effective, swap out the plasma with a heavy bolter, or swap out the missile launcher with another plasma gun. Also give your aspiring champ a power fist, then you wont need the melta bomb to tear armor apart.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havoc launcher on the zerkers rhino, IMO, is not a good idea. You have to move very little to fire it. Being a zerker rhino you want it moving at max speed to get in there, and being the only armor it will get shot at fast.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nhyx View Post
    On that note: *thread punted to the army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nhyx View Post

First issue I see, the melta bombs on the CSMs are nice very situationaly, but unless the vehicle didn't move the previous turn, it's hard to get them to hit.
    You can save 10 points.

In the CSM squad, you're mixing a heavy weapon with the rapid fire special weapon.
    Also, ranges are different. A nice rule of thumb is to keep like weapons with eachother, if you want to make that CSM squad more effective, swap out the plasma with a heavy bolter, or swap out the missile launcher with another plasma gun. Also give your aspiring champ a power fist, then you wont need the melta bomb to tear armor apart.
    So should i take the melta bomb out of the zerker squad aswell? If i don't i only save 5 from the CSM squad by removing one. The reason i had the missle launcher was because i don't have any other blast weapon unless you think i should keep the havoc launcher on the rhino.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstein View Post
    Havoc launcher on the zerkers rhino, IMO, is not a good idea. You have to move very little to fire it. Being a zerker rhino you want it moving at max speed to get in there, and being the only armor it will get shot at fast.
    So what would you suggest instead of that, im thinking deamonic Possesion but, if i do that do it lose its repair special ability (not that i think its an asset but something nice to have)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    On that note: *thread punted to the army list section*
    I quit playing WoW and i still can't avoid being punted lol ty

Ok so with all changes made, including removing the havoc Launcher and keeping a melta bomb on the zerker i am at 1010 points is that legal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentDictator View Post
    So should i take the melta bomb out of the zerker squad aswell? If i don't i only save 5 from the CSM squad by removing one. The reason i had the missle launcher was because i don't have any other blast weapon unless you think i should keep the havoc launcher on the rhino.

So what would you suggest instead of that, im thinking deamonic Possesion but, if i do that do it lose its repair special ability (not that i think its an asset but something nice to have)

I quit playing WoW and i still can't avoid being punted lol ty

Ok so with all changes made, including removing the havoc Launcher and keeping a melta bomb on the zerker i am at 1010 points is that legal?
    You don't really need blast weapons as a necessity, as bolters are fairly good anti horde.

Daemonic possession is a waste of points on a rhino, extra armor does essentially the same thing for cheaper.

As mentioned before, drop the melta bombs and power weapons for a power fist, and run 2 of the same special weapons in your squads.
    How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oniwakamaru View Post
    You don't really need blast weapons as a necessity, as bolters are fairly good anti horde.

Daemonic possession is a waste of points on a rhino, extra armor does essentially the same thing for cheaper.

As mentioned before, drop the melta bombs and power weapons for a power fist, and run 2 of the same special weapons in your squads.
    I see how bolters can be good anti-horde but extra amrour doesn't seem to help as far a mobility goes. Possesion allows me to keep moving if im shaken or stunned extra armour only lets me fire guns.

I would like to hear what people think of the deamon prince
    and im going to edit the origaml post with a newer draft of the army list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me what you think the only thing im worried about is the rhino being useless after it drops off its zerkerz or getting stuck because it doesnt have Daemonic Possession

And thank you to all who have posted the feed back seems to be helping me understand this game alot more just on the little info i have +1 rep to all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentDictator View Post
    I see how bolters can be good anti-horde but extra amrour doesn't seem to help as far a mobility goes. Possesion allows me to keep moving if im shaken or stunned extra armour only lets me fire guns.

I would like to hear what people think of the deamon prince
    and im going to edit the origaml post with a newer draft of the army list.
    The daemon prince is good, can't go wrong with them in the current codex.

Extra Armor downgrades Driver Stunned results to Driver Shaken. Driver stunned means that the rhino cannot move or shoot, Driver Shaken means that he cannot shoot, but may still move. Given that you're likely not going to be shooting much with the rhino, Extra Armor is a better value over Daemonic Possession.
    How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oniwakamaru View Post
    The daemon prince is good, can't go wrong with them in the current codex.

Extra Armor downgrades Driver Stunned results to Driver Shaken. Driver stunned means that the rhino cannot move or shoot, Driver Shaken means that he cannot shoot, but may still move. Given that you're likely not going to be shooting much with the rhino, Extra Armor is a better value over Daemonic Possession.
    oh oops i miss read/remembered the Shaken rule thanks for bringing that to my attention
    but i dont know what i would cut to put it in seeing how im at exactly 1000 points

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast