1500 footslogging khorne friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 footslogging khorne friendly

Hey all,

I'm a guard/sister player attempting to try something different. To that end, I've decided to go fluffy World Eaters, and I'm kind of tired of painting transports so I'm gonna try a list without them. Any help is appreciated! Here goes...

HQ:
    Kharn: 165

Elite:
    8x Chosen: 229
    IoK
    Aspiring Champion, PF
    2x melta

8x Chosen: 229
    IoK
    Aspiring Champion, PF
    2x melta

Troops
    8x Khorne Berzerkers: 208
    Champion, PF

8x Khorne Berzerkers: 208
    Champion, PF

8X Khorne Berzerkers: 208
    Champion, PF

Heavy:
    Defiler: 150
    2x CCW

Greater Daemon of Khorne:100

Total: 1497

The basic strategy is to infiltrate the chosen and use em as homing beacons for the greater daemon. The meltas are in there for anti-tank and anti-walker. The defiler will be used as a fire magnet and movable cover for the berzerker squads. Most of the anti-tank will come from the meltas, Kharn, and powerfists, which does concern me a bit. I do think having a bunch of screaming crazy guys running across the table is a fair trade for lower anti-tank capability though

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

You have identified your major weaknesses. But in an infantry list better to use oblits instead of defilers. there is a great thread about this in the chaos section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Have you considered havocs? Some havocs with missile launchers should be able to deal with stuff you can't catch with your close combat guys, like eldar skimmers, valkyries/vendettas and other transports. The defiler,as your only armour might die very fast since it's a huge threat and the enemy will most likely aim all his anti-tank weapons at it.

ok lets get more specific: drop the defiler and 1 berzerker in the squad kharne runs with. that should leave you with 174 points to buy some 6 Chaos Havocs with 4 missile launchers (170 points)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Moschaboy View Post
    Have you considered havocs? Some havocs with missile launchers should be able to deal with stuff you can't catch with your close combat guys, like eldar skimmers, valkyries/vendettas and other transports. The defiler,as your only armour might die very fast since it's a huge threat and the enemy will most likely aim all his anti-tank weapons at it.
    *seconds this proposal*

Prisoner37, I'm going to have to disagree with your suggestion regarding oblits, as they are just as much magnets for incoming tank busting hate as defilers. In fact, a lot of players place their priority even higher than defilers, since they're easily managed with instant-killing las cannons.

Asharoth, I have tons of admiration for this list. It's unconventional, albeit steeped in the fluff of World Eaters. If you don't wish to take havocs, I completely understand, as they aren't exactly on par with Khorne-oriented lists. Still, I think you'll find that Berzerkers are by far the most difficult Chaos Marine to footslogg, seeing as how they are entirely devoted to close combat with no additional defensive upgrades. Even basic CSMs are superior footsloggers, since they're cheaper and have some respectable ranged weapons. Just something to bear in mind. World Eaters have always been very poor when flat-footed. Of course, you could improve this with a Lash of Submission, but that's just plain folly to the fluff, you know

The Defiler is... questionable in this army, since he's the sole vehicle. Either drop him or take more of him. I'm favoring the earlier, since even dual Defilers aren't *that* durable at the 1500 point, when they're your only armor. If you don't mind redundancy, you could always drop him, along with your Greater Daemon, in order to take a third Chosen squad; or else, for the same cost as the Defiler, include the following:

Termi Squad- 150
    *4x termis
    *3x combi-plasmas
    *1x heavy flamer & power fist
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies guys. Prisoner37, I did consider oblits, but Rabbit really said it all. They would probably only get to shoot once with all those vendettas floating around nowadays. Moschaboy, I'm resisting the idea of havocs even though they would make tacical sense in this army...I just don't think khornates would sit back and "shoot from far away like sissies." And Rabbit, I absolutely REFUSE to paint a pink daemon prince

I agree that the lone defiler would probably get blown up the first turn, but I was kinda hoping that someone would convince me that the defiler would be a good idea, it looks so cool! I do like the idea of the terminators. Good for killing stuff and as fire magnets. After reading what Moschaboy and Rabbit said I'm now thinking about going back on what I said about transports. I'm specifically thinking about adding 2 rhinos and a land raider replacing a chosen squad and the greater daemon. That will give me some survivability and long range anti-tank. Not sure how well that will do either though, I just played a game with my IG at 1500 and I went from 9 tanks to 2 after 2 turns. Plus I dont think the berzerkers will like sitting in the rhino for a turn so they can charge. What are they going to do, listen to elevator music while they hang out inside? Anyway, what do you guys think?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Rhinos, to be sure, would add a lot to your list. They provide movement, flexibility, and some protection while your en route to the enemy. I'm throwing in my vote against the Land Raider, just in principle. They don't nearly warrant such a high cost for us traitors. Overall, you'd fare better with just basic transports.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Rhinos with combi-weapons. So many people forget the rhino after it's empty. Overall its a good list though. I am with Rabbit in pushing for rhinos over a LR. Mostly due to the fact that unless you tactically MUST have a squad of termi's somewhere you paid way too much for it. If you still plan on slogging through, be prepared to take heavy casualties. Berzerkers (at least here) are highly feared, and I have seen people devote an entire round of shooting just to take them out before the assault phase.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

i do not take offense when people correct me, more offended when people will not correct me.

I second the Rhino's as well, but by putting them in you may find that the defiler fits back in. The land raider looks really good on paper, but puts a lot of points in one eggshell, a very tough egg to be sure, but still one egg. I also put forward that a dreadnaught with twin linked lascannons is very cheap and i love going fire crazy and getting two shots with it.

+ Reply to Thread