1st try. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st try.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

1st try.

HQ- Herald of Slaanish, chariot, chaos icon, soporific , Transfixing Gaze -110

Elites- 3 Flamers of Tzeentch -105
    3 Fiends of Slaanesh 90

Troops- 10 Blood Letters , chaos icon- 185
    10 Daemonettes 140
    10 Blood Letters 160

Fast Attack-
    3 Screamers of Tzeentch -48

Heavy Support- Soul Grinder, tounge -160

First try at demons. What alterations would you make for a competitive build?

Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x1)

HQ- Herald of Slaanish, chariot, chaos icon, soporific , Transfixing Gaze -110

Lose the icon and transfixing gaze, and give her might.

Elites- 3 Flamers of Tzeentch -105
    3 Fiends of Slaanesh 90

I'd drop the Flamers and buy three more fiends

Troops- 10 Blood Letters , chaos icon- 185

Drop the Icon; the unit is to fragile and slow to really be useful as a base.
    10 Daemonettes 140
    10 Blood Letters 160

You need two more daemonettes minimum. I'd probably bump the unit to 15.

Fast Attack-
    3 Screamers of Tzeentch -48

Drop. They're just that bad.

Heavy Support- Soul Grinder, tounge -160

I'd rather have a DP with Might, Mark of Tzeentch and Bolt.

I'm guessing the Herald goes with the fiends which is fine. I'd try and squeeze in a tzeentch herald, with chariot, bolt and master of sorcery and we are legion. Maybe drop one of the units of letters.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

so no icons what so ever?

Id rather take a DP but I already own a soul grinder and dont want to waste 50 bucks...:-/.

Add more daemonettes? should i have 2 squads of 10, or 1 squad of 15? that would give me 4 troop choices, way more than necessary at 1000, but since they have no tanks to hide in half the game and low saves.

So take 6 fiends? I assume 2 seperate squads. What about taking the original 3 fiends and then some blood crushers?

Also are horrors bad? they have a high volume of shots, cost decent, and are the only regular ranged option?

I will drop the flamers and screamers as I havent purchased them yet.

What about the upgrades options on the squad? worth it?
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x1)

so no icons what so ever?

I never take icons, and really don't miss them.

Id rather take a DP but I already own a soul grinder and dont want to waste 50 bucks...:-/.

That's fine. Grinders are good too.

Add more daemonettes? should i have 2 squads of 10, or 1 squad of 15? that would give me 4 troop choices, way more than necessary at 1000, but since they have no tanks to hide in half the game and low saves.

One squad of 15 should serfice.

So take 6 fiends? I assume 2 seperate squads. What about taking the original 3 fiends and then some blood crushers?

I'd take them as one squad - people will pour so much fire into them when they realise how fast they are, and how much damage they can do.

Also are horrors bad? they have a high volume of shots, cost decent, and are the only regular ranged option?

I take horrors all the time - in 1500 I run two squads of 9, one with changeling. If you need more bolts in your army, they're a cheap way to get them.

What about the upgrades options on the squad? worth it?

Not for the troops - they generally don't need them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Thanks for all your input.

When would you warrant the use Flamers? and you would never field the screamers? I can tell against armies with fast tanks they will be worthless, but against less mobile ones i would gladly sacrifice the whole squad to smoke a medusa, or land raider..etc.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I agree with Mathlete on most points. His advice regarding the herald, daemonettes, and screamers is solid. Just use the screamers to make a really cool herald of Tzeentch.

On the other hand, I believe that Icons become very important in larger games, especially ones with multiple players, since there's a lot less room on the field to deep strike on. At 1000 around points or less, you probably don't need any in 1 on 1 games. At 1500 points, you may or may not need them, depending on the size of your units. At 1850 points or more, I'd consider it to be necessary to have one in each 'wave'. I'd especially use icons if you're going to use soul grinders, as their 'footprint' is HUGE.

The lone soul grinder is alright for this point level, but when you expand your army, I think you'll find you need at least 2 in each list, and 3 is better. Otherwise they're too easy to single out and destroy.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Okay then how about this:

Herald of Slaanesh w/ Chariot, Sporific Musk, and Unholy Might

6 Fiends of Slaanesh

15 Daemonettes

10 Blood Letters

10 Blood Letters

Soul grinder w/ Tounge

There is 40 pts left over...I can either give more upgrades to the herald, take a lone fiend and a 10 pt item, take a lone blood crusher, add 2 daemonettes and 12 pts of upgrades throughout the army, or add 2 blood letters ...either 1 in each or 2 in one and 8 points of upgrades somewhere.

Further suggestions?
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Double Post: sorry.

Bump. Opinions?
    Last edited by ericismyname; February 8th, 2010 at 18:37. Reason: Double post
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok the HQ is good I like your choice but your troops,get the following 5 nurgling bases, 3 squads of 5 plauge bearers,3 squads of 6 fiends . Otherwise everything is good deep strike your nuglings down(dosn't have to be all of them) then deep strike your fiends(dosn't have to be all of them) behind your nurglins so they get cover saves remember nurglins have 3 wounds a base so don't be scared to put them in the thick of battle.Same with everything else deep strike right in front of your enemy don't be scared to take risks!!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

How exactly would nurglings cover 50% of a fiend model?
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast