1500 pts of khorniness... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts of khorniness...

Suggestions please...

Lord with deamon weapon MoK and wings#
    4 possesed Mok and + champion in a rhino with EA and combi weapon
    Dreadnought with combat weapon an extra armour
    9 marines + champion + power fist and two flamers + rhino with EA and combi
    8 khorne bezerkers and skull champion
    2 oblitorators in seperate units
    Land raider with EA and combi weapon
    Greater Deamon

Lord rides with bezerkers in the land raider then seperates and charges out of the beast! summon the Greater deamon on the frontlines from one of the aspiring champions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Lord with deamon weapon MoK and wings

The Khorne Daemon weapon is a disaster. In most games these guys kill themselves. Of course, if you are lucky, he could win you the game. Personally I prefer the Lord with no Mark and a DW.

4 possesed Mok and + champion in a rhino with EA and combi weapon

This unit is too small to justify giving an Icon. Lose the EA and Combi-Weapon too.

Dreadnought with combat weapon an extra armour

Extra Armour only helps shooty vehicles. Lose it.

9 marines + champion + power fist and two flamers + rhino with EA and combi

Fine, though I'd prefer Maltaguns. Lose the EA and Combi.

8 khorne bezerkers and skull champion

Great, but the Champ needs PF

Perfect

Land raider with EA and combi weapon

Lose the EA

Greater Deamon

Which Champ will be sacrificed?

I hope these suggestions help.

Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I agree with Ramon on most points. I do think combi meltas are big threats on rhinos but the EA is definitely a waste. For the Landraider you would be much better off paying just a little bet extra for daemonic posession, it does lose a point of BS but since all of the weapons are twin linked it makes it worth it. I would suggest losing the greater daemon and the posessed to add another squad of troops, be it zerkers or normal CSM. 2 scoring units is too few for 1.5k points.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so new list...

Lord with deamon weapon MoK and wings#
    Dreadnought with combat weapon and heavy flamer
    9 marines + champion + power fist and two flamers + rhino with and twin linked bolters
    7 khorne bezerkers and skull champion
    9 marines + champion + power fist and two flamers + rhino with and twin linked bolters
    Land raider with demonic possesion and combi weapon
    Greater Deamon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I like it! It keeps a lot of the elements you like (lord w/ weapon, GD, LR, Oblits, Zerkers) but looks to be pretty effective! I might be tempted to drop the wings from the lord, run him in the LR with the zerkers and try to squeeze in another zerker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lord can go in the land raider with the zerkers, as the wings only allow him to MOVE as jump infantry not actually turn his unit type into jump, so he can actually go in and get transported!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I am biased, but I would drop the LR (I just don't care for their price). That's about the only suggestion I would ever have for this list. If the lord was in terminator armor or something similar then I would say the LR should stay, but as is, I don't really see the need for it.

Plus, your lord has wings, while a transport might keep him safe, you can simply fly him behind the transport of your choice and not have to worry about him being in the open or having to embark/disembark.

If you dropped the LR you could pick up another 2 oblits (or a defiler) and a rhino for the last squad, and still have 35 points to spare.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedjay View Post
    I am biased, but I would drop the LR (I just don't care for their price). That's about the only suggestion I would ever have for this list. If the lord was in terminator armor or something similar then I would say the LR should stay, but as is, I don't really see the need for it.

Plus, your lord has wings, while a transport might keep him safe, you can simply fly him behind the transport of your choice and not have to worry about him being in the open or having to embark/disembark.

If you dropped the LR you could pick up another 2 oblits (or a defiler) and a rhino for the last squad, and still have 35 points to spare.
    Zerkers in a rhino can prove to be a HUGE fire magnet... Add in posession on the Lr and it is extremely hard to bring down. It might not make it to its target but garuanteed the rest of the army will. I could see the changes you suggested being effective but I think the list is just as effective as is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Yes, it is very effective, and I like being able to move + disembark and assault, I am just not really big on LRs. I go for Rhinos, and try to up my squads or heavy support.

Its just a personal preference on my part really. I like LRs for Termi squads, as they can only use that for transport.

It is a solid list, and I do like it. Those are just changes I would make based on personal preference.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedjay View Post
    Yes, it is very effective, and I like being able to move + disembark and assault, I am just not really big on LRs. I go for Rhinos, and try to up my squads or heavy support.

Its just a personal preference on my part really. I like LRs for Termi squads, as they can only use that for transport.

It is a solid list, and I do like it. Those are just changes I would make based on personal preference.
    I would argue that LRs are better transports for zerkers than termis but to each his own... If there is no firm benefit to suggesting a change I almost always err on the side of keeping the list similar to what the author submitted.

By the way, this is my 1800th post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast