1.5K Khornate-Undivided Semi-Mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5K Khornate-Undivided Semi-Mech

Hey guys. It's been a super long time since I've posted here, and I've had a spotty history of playing and neglecting Warhammer, but I find myself in another pocket of enjoyment, and so thought I'd post up a list and see if I could get some fresh insight. I've tried changing this list from what I used to play for a little variety, but have been hard-pressed to make myself step away from tried-and-true units. Be as brutal as you like, but be advised I'm under a bit of a budget. Thanks so much

(p.s. for any wondering, I'm the same guy who used to post under Æther-MØØSE. I'm sure nobody cares though )

Scarlet Marauders - 1500 Points

HQ

Daemon Prince - 160
    - Wings
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Warptime

Elites

[8] Possessed Chaos Space Marines - 283
    - Possessed Champion
    - Icon of Khorne
    - Chaos Rhino

Troops

[10] Chaos Space Marines - 255
    - Aspiring Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Icon of Chaos Glory
    - [2] Meltaguns
    - Chaos Rhino

- Aspiring Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Icon of Chaos Glory
    - [2] Meltaguns
    - Chaos Rhino

Fast Attack

[8] Chaos Raptors - 245
    - Aspiring Champion
    ----- Pair of Lightning Claws
    ----- Meltabombs
    - Icon of Khorne
    - [2] Flamers

Heavy Support

Chaos Defiler - 150
    - [2] Close Combat Arms

Chaos Defiler - 150
    - [2] Close Combat Arms

Total: 1498

General strategy is very straightforward - The Defilers march up sides while the 3 Rhinos drive forward at full tilt and unload for a quick charge/some shooting/armor popping from the melta marines. Raptors and the Prince fly up a side and cause mayhem - Lashing and Flaming large units, or assaulting elite shooty or CC units. Any positive comments and criticism is welcome. It feels nice to be posting here again

Edits - 2/11/10
    Changed DP's Lash to Warp Time. Keeping Mark of Slaanesh for the cheap initiative boost, but I think I'll play it like some kind of enhanced reflexes if I can. Games are casual, so I should be able to pull it off. Fluff... must... be satisfied.

Edits - 2/12/10
    Adding a 2000 point list in case I end up joining an escalation tournament at my hobby store - it goes all the way up to 2K. Let me know what you think!

Scarlet Marauders - 2000 Points

HQ

Daemon Prince - 160
    - Wings
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Warptime

Elites

[4] Chaos Terminators - 155
    - Chainfist
    - Heavy Flamer
    - [3] Combi-Plasma

[7] Possessed Chaos Space Marines - 257
    - Possessed Champion
    - Icon of Khorne
    - Chaos Rhino

Troops

- Aspiring Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Icon of Chaos Glory
    - [2] Meltaguns
    - Chaos Rhino

- Aspiring Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Icon of Chaos Glory
    - [2] Meltaguns
    - Chaos Rhino

[8] Khorne Berzerkers - 243
    - Skull Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Chaos Rhino

Fast Attack

[8] Chaos Raptors - 245
    - Aspiring Champion
    ----- Meltabombs
    - Icon of Khorne
    - [2] Flamers

Heavy Support

Chaos Defiler - 150
    - [2] Close Combat Arms

Chaos Defiler - 150
    - [2] Close Combat Arms

Chaos Predator - 130
    - Side Sponson Lascannons

Total: 2001

Last edited by HammyFate; February 13th, 2010 at 08:15.
    Check some sweet 1.5/2k Chaos!
    There's no 'I' in revolu-... in team!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back to Librarium. I'd like to say that I'm also still fairly new so don't put too much blind faith in my advice but heregoes;

1. Lose the Mark of Slaanesh and Lash on your Prince. It doesn't really fit having a Slaanesh Prince leading a mostly Khornate/Undivided army. For the same points you could have a Prince with Wings, Warptime and no Mark of the Gods which would fit better, but it does depend how much fluff plays a part in your army designs.

2. Consider changing the unit of Chosen for a unit of Berserkers in a Rhino with Champion and Powerfist. Chosen are a bit random and the Powerfist of a Berserker Champion will enable you to take on Dreadnoughts or similar whereas the Chosen can't penetrate AV 12 and so might just get tarpitted.....

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Inquisitor Soulflayer; February 10th, 2010 at 08:27.

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Possessed are to random to be counted on, and they are overpriced. The only time they are worth their salt is if you roll Power Weapons for them, but are relatively useless if you get scouts or fleet. I would get rid of them and put in a squad of Karmoon Special Terminators! (3-5 termies with Combi Melta/Plasma) This will do way more damage and is relatively cheap. You could actually throw in 2 squads of 3 for cheaper than what you are paying for your Possessed.

Raptors are just plane hard to use, and will get shot up very quickly. I have a hard time believing that they will get their points back.

I am going to agree with Inquisitor Soulflayer about your HQ choice. Like he said, I don't know how fluffy you want to be, but it doesn't make sense if you do want to go the fluff route. Your HQ on the other hand is a good choice, and very well rounded.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments guys, they're greatly appreciated. First off, Soulflayer, I have been considering a Warptime Prince, but was simply unable to make myself take something other than Lash out of habit (and out of the brokenness of the power), but hearing someone else suggest it, and the fluff allure combined with my pre-existing desire to experiment is making me wanna go for it. I'll get to the Possessed in a minute.

Berzerkers - I've used them, and they are fantastic. I used to play World Eaters before the 4th gen Codex came out, and I love nothing more than homicidal maniacs with blood-smeared chainswords, but having used them for so long, I'm hesitant to fall back on that good ol' squad once again.

Wolf: Funnily enough, my Raptors are easily my favorite unit. They are a bit pricey (cheaper than berzerkers though) and a high priority target, but with even sparse cover than almost always make it to an under-protected flank or lagging unit. Flamethrowers + Icon of Khorne = ungodly amounts of wounds, and their mobility allows them to position themselves fantastically to support other units. They have always been well worth the points in my eyes.
    As for the Possessed, I know they're sketchy. The thing is, they're not as bad as you make them out to be - if they roll Scouts or Fleet, the rhino can still come in handy as (unless I'm mistaken) the transport is allowed a scout move with the unit, and Fleet can come in handy if the rhino is immobilzed or blown up before the unit gets to combat. Furious Charge is great (I'm pretty sure that makes them S6, I5 on the charge) and Rending is is amazing. Out of 33 attacks on the charge, that's a little over 5 rending hits, which could cripple an MEQ squad. I know they're less reliable than Berzerkers, but in the spirit of trying to keep my army fun and unpredictable, I think I'll keep them.

Again, I appreicate your input guys I don't want to seem stubborn against any changes you make, and it may turn out that Possessed are simply too unpredictable for play. I'll keep you updated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x2)

Ah, the rhino is not allowed to scout move, as the unit inside the Rhino has the special ability. That would be like saying I have a squad of Chosen in a Rhino and the rhino can infiltrate (Which cannot happen)

And if the Raptors are your favorite unit, then keep them. I'll be the last person to suggest you take out one of your favorite units in your army. As for the Possessed, I really think you should drop them and try out some Terminators, but once again, if you like them keep them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I'm fairly certain that the rhino can scout with the squad, so long as it's a dedicated transport. My friend has my rulebook right now, so feel free to check it as I might still be wrong, but I'm pretty confident.

And yeah - I know they're risky, but I can't suggest Raptors enough. Khornate jump troops are ridiculously effective against static shooter armies.
    Regarding the Possessed, I'm gonna try them in a game this Saturday and see how they do - I have had my eye on some terminators for a while now, so it just might be that I'll drop the squad and pick up 5 or 6 of the bad boys. They'd also be very helpful in an up-coming escalation tournament at my local hobby store

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x2)

No, the transport is not allowed. Does not matter if it is dedicated or not. Like i said, you cant give Chosen a dedicated transport and have them + the Rhino infiltrate. I have played in enough GW tourny's to pick that much out of GW's Bull@*!$ rules. Also the possessed would follow the same rules as the chosen. I mean, we can take this to the general rules discussion if you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still rulebook-less, but I've found a couple of forums where people seem to think similarly to me, so I dunno what to think at this point.

Chaos Space Marine Chosen & Infiltration - Warhammer 40k, Fantasy, Wargames & Miniatures Forum: Bell of Lost Souls Lounge - 5th post

Scouts and transports? - Heresy-Online - Warhammer 40k and Fantasy Forums - 5th post, the last quote.

And even one on LO. http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...transport.html - 3rd post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x2)

Yes, but it does say in the BRB on pg 75 that a unit mounted in a transport loses infiltrate. The only special rule that transfers to the vehicle itself is outflank.
    Last edited by Wolf Guard; February 16th, 2010 at 09:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by HammyFate View Post
    Hey guys. It's been a super long time since I've posted here, and I've had a spotty history of playing and neglecting Warhammer, but I find myself in another pocket of enjoyment, and so thought I'd post up a list and see if I could get some fresh insight. I've tried changing this list from what I used to play for a little variety, but have been hard-pressed to make myself step away from tried-and-true units. Be as brutal as you like, but be advised I'm under a bit of a budget. Thanks so much

(p.s. for any wondering, I'm the same guy who used to post under Æther-MØØSE. I'm sure nobody cares though )

Scarlet Marauders - 1500 Points

HQ

Daemon Prince - 160
    - Wings
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Warptime

Elites

[8] Possessed Chaos Space Marines - 283
    - Possessed Champion
    - Icon of Khorne
    - Chaos Rhino

I would drop the rhino here, it is pointless for them to have it. I just don't see the point in the rhino being there. Though I do love possessed because they are very fun to play. I can understand why you would not want to take them out. They have the potential to be very good, but still save the 35 points for better use.

Troops

- Aspiring Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Icon of Chaos Glory
    - [2] Meltaguns
    - Chaos Rhino

- Aspiring Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Icon of Chaos Glory
    - [2] Meltaguns
    - Chaos Rhino

Fast Attack

[8] Chaos Raptors - 245
    - Aspiring Champion
    ----- Meltabombs
    - Icon of Khorne
    - [2] Flamers

I'd be worried about these units running off...and fleeing...and being generally useless with the IoK...I know it is nice for them to have the extra attack, but the extra attack does them no good if they run. I'd give them IoCG

Heavy Support

Chaos Defiler - 150
    - [2] Close Combat Arms

Chaos Defiler - 150
    - [2] Close Combat Arms

Now this is where i'd be worried, you have three rhinos...in this current list, which for a lot of other armies, means they have lots of guns...the only tank support you have are the defilers. I would be worried that because defilers arent really made to take lots of fire power...that your rhinos will be blown to bits by the end of turn two. I'd seriously consider dropping one of the defilers, or trying to scrape together enough points for a predator...Like I said I would be worried about your rhinos being in danger because of no other tanks to really attack, or tanks that are too easily taken out.

Total: 1498

General strategy is very straightforward - The Defilers march up sides while the 3 Rhinos drive forward at full tilt and unload for a quick charge/some shooting/armor popping from the melta marines. Raptors and the Prince fly up a side and cause mayhem - Lashing and Flaming large units, or assaulting elite shooty or CC units. Any positive comments and criticism is welcome. It feels nice to be posting here again

Edits - 2/11/10
    Changed DP's Lash to Warp Time. Keeping Mark of Slaanesh for the cheap initiative boost, but I think I'll play it like some kind of enhanced reflexes if I can. Games are casual, so I should be able to pull it off. Fluff... must... be satisfied.

Edits - 2/12/10
    Adding a 2000 point list in case I end up joining an escalation tournament at my hobby store - it goes all the way up to 2K. Let me know what you think!

Scarlet Marauders - 2000 Points

HQ

Daemon Prince - 160
    - Wings
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Warptime

Elites

[4] Chaos Terminators - 155
    - Chainfist
    - Heavy Flamer
    - [3] Combi-Plasma

I'd find a way to give these guys IoCG...it is a lot of points to have them running off the table for losing one guy.

[7] Possessed Chaos Space Marines - 257
    - Possessed Champion
    - Icon of Khorne
    - Chaos Rhino

I'd still remove the rhino for reasons stated above.

Troops

- Aspiring Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Icon of Chaos Glory
    - [2] Meltaguns
    - Chaos Rhino

- Aspiring Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Icon of Chaos Glory
    - [2] Meltaguns
    - Chaos Rhino

[8] Khorne Berzerkers - 243
    - Skull Champion
    ----- Powerfist
    - Chaos Rhino

Fast Attack

[8] Chaos Raptors - 245
    - Aspiring Champion
    ----- Meltabombs
    - Icon of Khorne
    - [2] Flamers

I'd give these guys IoCG. Drop the lightning claws for PF as it will be more effective.

Heavy Support

Chaos Defiler - 150
    - [2] Close Combat Arms

Chaos Defiler - 150
    - [2] Close Combat Arms

Chaos Predator - 130
    - Side Sponson Lascannons

I'm glad to see a predator here. You should have enough tanks to keep your rhinos protected.

Overall this 2K list is very good. It should be effective with or without the changes I said. The important thing is you make the list the way you like to play considering everyone has different play styles. It would be a very fun list to play. And you can always tweak if you find the original doesn't work. But good list.

Total: 2001

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast