1500-Beasts of Annihilation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500-Beasts of Annihilation

HQ Daemon prince-155
    -wings
    -warptime
    Elites
    Possessed squad(5) 205
    -Champ
    -MoK
    -rhino
    Possessed squad(5) 205
    -Champ
    -MoK
    -rhino
    Troop
    Lesser Daemons(10) 130
    Lesser Daemons(10) 130
    Lesser Daemons(6) 78
    Heavy Support
    Obliterators 225(3)
    Obilterators 225(3)
    Vindicator 145
    -Daemonic possession
    Total: 1498
    So yeah im taking the possessed, this is a beasts of annihilation list anyway and they have always worked very well for me. The Lesser Daemons are there to come in grab objectives and just sit mostly or help out in assaults. The obliterators and vindicator is my shooting part of the list, i was thinking of taking a Defiler instead of the vindicator but im not sure. this list isn't meant to be super competitive i just made it with units i like and some that are pretty good, So anything you would change besides the possessed

If a man wants to live let him fight, If a man does not want to fight he does not deserve to live.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, I think that you army is great from a fluffy/chaotic point-of-view and could look really good with the massive number of conversion opportunities it offers.

However, you appear to have designed a list that has precisely 7 guns in it. What are you going to do against armies like Orcs or Tyranids who will both outnumber you and want to get into comabt - your lack of guns means that with little to thin the enemy ranks then the horde will hit you pretty much full strength? Mech-Imperial Guard or other mass-armour armies I can see being a real issue for you as you seem to have too little to that can consistently deal with AV12 or better - the Obliterators could be good for this but I think you could really do with some meltaguns in there somewhere. Also what role do you envisage for the two minimum size squads of posessed? As soon as they start taking casulaties their combat-effectivess, which will not be great to start with, is going to go through the floor. The lesser daemons have numbers on their side but unlucky-rolling could mean they come in piecemeal and can be taken apart one squad at a time.

I don't mean to sound overly critical but I just can't see how this list will fare well on the battlefield. Please tell me if I'm missing something beacuse I think it would be great to get an army like this working on a consistent basis and show that we're not just Vanilla Marines with spikes on.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Soulflayer; February 12th, 2010 at 23:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ lord with Mok and pair of claws for 130pts
    Elites
    possessed (9) 279
    -champ
    -Rhino
    possessed(10) 305
    -champ
    -Rhino
    Troops CSM(6) 100
    -Meltagun
    CSM (6)100
    -Meltagun
    Heavy support
    Obliterators (3) x2 225
    Vindicator xxx pts
    Total 1489
    Well not sure if that will help much, my list making capabilities aren't that great, may need a little help getting some more shooty in there
    If a man wants to live let him fight, If a man does not want to fight he does not deserve to live.

+ Reply to Thread