1850 khorn/slaanesh with Abad. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 khorn/slaanesh with Abad.

First time posting here but ive been working on this army for a while and wanted some advice on it.

HQ:

Abbadon: 275 pts

Terminator Sorcerer: slaa, fami, lash, warp, term and combi-m. 175 pts

Elites:

Terminators: x3 all champs with twin claws. 1 has khorne banner 180 pts

Troops:

Berzerkers: x 10 1 is champ with fist and melta-b. 255pts
    ^Rhino: combi-m. 45 pts

Berzerkers: x 10 1 is champ with fist and melta-b. 255pts

Noise Marines: x 10 1 blastmaster, 8 sonic, 1 champ with fist, siren, melta-b.and sonic 345 pts

Heavy:

Land Raider: combi-m. 230 pts

Total: 1850pts

I know it lacks alot scoring units but im not sure of a great way to add more. any advice on this part would be good.

And i deploy Abad, Sorc, and Terms in the raider. it doesnt do much other then ferry them round the whole game but makes them very effective.

Last edited by Dead Psyche; February 26th, 2010 at 05:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW a land raider for only 45 pts! Aweosme where can I get one of those!

No, seriosly this looks like a really good list, if a little on the elite side. Perhaps It needs a little more in the way of heavy support? Perhaps an Oblitotator or two? Or even a defiler to draw attention away from your lord.

On the subject of scoring units, consider a 1k sons unit as an objectice squatter.

just my 2 cent though, see what the pro's post...

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterReeves View Post
    WOW a land raider for only 45 pts! Aweosme where can I get one of those!
    Hah that was great.

But really what is that about lol? not sure if you didn't factor that in, as I am too lazy to do the addition here. But on to critique!

Pretty solid, yet it is very elite as has been said. You could pretty much get 2 Defilers for the price of Abaddon. Not that he isn't a monster, but at 1850, you have a ton of points tied up in HQ. I have an Abbadon for giggles, and I only run him at around 2,500. Usually when marine players start running Calgar, so I gotta put on the spankin'.

This list could go for some better tankbusting, like an oblit squad. The only downside right now vehicle wise I see, is that there is nothing to take pressure off your LR, and at 1,850 pts, it is going to get targetted like no ones business by opponent S9-10 weapons. Plus, with only 3 termies, your LR doesn't serve much of a purpose.

Dropping Abbadon for 2 defilers might be a good Idea.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thanks for pointing out my mistake with the raider peter, messed up with a copy paste from the rhino. The sons maybe an idea though id have to buy them i wouldnt mind much coz i was thinking of getting some later anyway

as for swapping abaddon for the defilers. well that would meen going out and buying 2 coz the 1 i got is built for when defilers could aim with things other than the battle cannon (twin las and h. flamer), id have to test them with another list 1st coz i really want to keep abaddon in this if posible. I do need a bit more tankbusting tho.

about the raider it carries 5 terms. cant forget the sorc and abad use it with them.

i had a play around with the codex and came up with a few possible changes based on ur ideas:

:cut 5 noise and all random melta items for 5 sons and asp sorc with doom bolt, it would give me another scoring unit but leave me with even less anti tank.

:trade all the noise for a 9 sons and asp sorc (psykic power undecided) , it would give me spare points to use elsewhere.

:cut 5 noise for could a vindicator, adds much needed fire draw from raider and anti tank capabilitys but no more scoring units

:cut 5 noise and a few random melta items aswell i could add 2 obliterators, adds anti tank but again no more scoring units.

Any thoughts on these alturnitves and the original list would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Dead Psyche; February 26th, 2010 at 09:16.

+ Reply to Thread