<1000 1500 Fluffy Night Lords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Fluffy Night Lords

I'm reading Soul Hunter right now and I'm heavily considering making a NL army because the book has drawn me to them a lot. With that being said, I tried my hand at crafting a list that would resemble a warband of NL while being as competitive as I could make it.

HQ:
    Chaos Lord - 140
    Wings, Pair of LCs

Elites:
    5 Terminators - 190
    4 Combi-Weapons, Chainfist, Heavy Flamer

Troops:
    10 CSM - 220
    Champ w/ PF, 2 Meltaguns, IoCG
    Rhino - 35

10 CSM - 220
    Rhino - 35

Fast Attack:
    10 Raptors - 260
    Champ w/ Pair of LCs, 2 Flamers, IoCG

Heavy Support:
    8 Havocs - 210
    4 Missile Launcher, IoCG
    Rhino - 35

2 Oblits - 150

Total: 1495

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocrap View Post
    I'm reading Soul Hunter right now and I'm heavily considering making a NL army because the book has drawn me to them a lot. With that being said, I tried my hand at crafting a list that would resemble a warband of NL while being as competitive as I could make it.

HQ:
    Chaos Lord - 140
    Wings, Pair of LCs

Elites:
    5 Terminators - 190
    4 Combi-Weapons, Chainfist, Heavy Flamer

Troops:
    10 CSM - 220
    Rhino - 35

10 CSM - 220
    Rhino - 35

Fast Attack:
    10 Raptors - 260
    Champ w/ Pair of LCs, 2 Flamers, IoCG

Heavy Support:
    8 Havocs - 210
    4 Missile Launcher, IoCG
    Rhino - 35

2 Oblits - 150

Total: 1495
    I like this list! I play a Night Lord style list as well. Maybe get rid of the rhino for the havocs (unless youre using it for LOC blocker) because the more they move the less they shoot. If you get rid of the havoc's rhino you could take those points and split your rapter squad into 2 squads of 5 with 2 flamers each and another champ. Hope that helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Havocs have their Rhino so they can get to a good spot to target whatever they need to. It can also block LOS as you mentioned, get the unit out of danger, tank shock units that get close, etc.
    About the Raptors, I don't really like the idea of splitting them into two units. A 5-man assault unit just seems very weak. Plus, my Lord will be attatched to the squad and they'll zoom up the board behind a Rhino for cover. I won't be DS-ing them since they can't assault that turn and will be vulnerable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Night Lord's list looks fun to play. I just finished reading Soul Hunter and its a great book. The only suggestion I can give is shedding some points from the havocs (drop maybe 1 or 2 of em) and add a combi-melta/plasma to the rhino since its gonna advance. You can also think about dropping 2 reg marines in at least 1 sqaud instead so that it can use the rhino to bring them to combat or get their meltas to effective range quicker. Really these are just small things, but I hope it helps.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloseCombatman View Post
    The Night Lord's list looks fun to play. I just finished reading Soul Hunter and its a great book. The only suggestion I can give is shedding some points from the havocs (drop maybe 1 or 2 of em) and add a combi-melta/plasma to the rhino since its gonna advance. You can also think about dropping 2 reg marines in at least 1 sqaud instead so that it can use the rhino to bring them to combat or get their meltas to effective range quicker. Really these are just small things, but I hope it helps.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!
    The only problem with dropping some CSMs is when you go below 10 of them you lose a second special weapon.. i.e. only one melta.

About dropping the havocs rhino: I totally agree that their mobility to get to a better position is important, but take this for example.. You deploy them with the rhino.. and Turn onethere is no LOS so you put them in the rhino and move the rhino up to 12" Turn 2 They get out of the rhino and position them selves optimumly (if you can) Turn 3 They finally shoot. So basically for245 pts you'll get at least 3 turns of shooting (3, 4, and 5) If they last until those consecutive turns.And thats only moving them once in the whole game. Kind of a risky manuver IMO. But if it works for you, sweet!

+ Reply to Thread