1750pt Death Guard Lame/Cheese List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750pt Death Guard Lame/Cheese List

Right, this isn't your normal army list thread. After years of playing Dark Eldar, I would like to branch out into something a bit more...sturdy.

Realistically, I want to field the cheesiest, lamest death guard/chaos list that we can come up with. I want to make the people that laughed at my DE's paper armour suffer. I want to make them fall to their knees and beg for forgiveness. I want to see them break down in tears like...like....I hope by now you get the idea that I just want to win. Period.

So far I've got:

Demon Prince + wings + mark of slaanesh + lash - 155
    Demon Prince + wings + mark of slaanesh + lash - 155
    7 Plague Marines + AC + pfist + plasma pistol + 2x melta gun + rhino w/extra armour - 286
    7 Plague Marines + AC + pfist + plasma pistol + 2x melta gun + rhino w/extra armour - 286
    7 Plague Marines + AC + pweapon + plasma pistol + 2x flamer + rhino w/extra armour - 266
    3 Obliterators - 225
    3 Obliterators - 225
    2 Obliterators - 150

I'm not worried about composition score or anything like such, I just want the army to be competitive, and very cheesy.

Last edited by aussie bogan; March 13th, 2010 at 18:16.
    Fear the awesome wrath of The ANZAC Clan!!!

Aussie Bogan: Beer Drinking, Steak Eating, Thong Wearing Maniac!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

If you're looking for complete cheese here ya go:

- Switch the Sorcerers to Daemon Princes with MoS, Wings and Lash
    - Drop the Daemonic Possession on the Rhinos, the best thing about or Rhinos is that they are cheap and you want to keep them that way.
    - Our special weapons should always remain in 2's so on 2 of the squads of Death Guard swap the flamer with another meltagun and on the third drop the melta gun and add a flamer.
    - Keep the Oblits, they're just as powerful as everyone thinks (and fears)

With all of these changes you should be at 1743 pts and as soon as you walk into your local shop to play, everyone will smell a very sharp chedder on you. Just don't be surprised if people stop playing against you casually because of this list.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

71 (x3)

I would drop the lashes and reduce each oblt squad to 2, and go with twin flying nurgle daemon princes, and a greater daemon. now thats cheesy, IMHO, plus depend on magic is a bad idea. theres 55 points left over. I would drop demonic prossession and just take extra armor, that'll give ya a total of 70 points. then take 3 more marines for each squad.

if they are chilling in the rhino until combat, then you need to think about how you want to approach tyranids or orks. getting swarmed, popped, and dying by inability to get out, isn't fun.

good luck, my set up should give you a better composition score too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I like the twin Demon Prince w/ MoS, Wings & Lash. The only problem I have is that unlike the sorcerer, they are quite big so keeping them alive may be a bit of an issue as opposed to keeping the sorcerer with a squad of plague marines in a rhino.

I'm willing to drop the demonic possession but only for extra armour. I think by not having at least extra armour you are making it too easy for your opponent to hold you off. With the extra armour they will need to immobilize or destroy the rhino.

Last but not least, is it more effective to have 2 melta squads and a flamer squad or would it be better going with plasma spam like the first variation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Princes will draw a ton of fire... Which is a good thing. They tend to live a long time even in the face of withering punishment. My typical games have them and the Defilers taking a majority of the shooting while my Plague Marines go untouched until late in the game. Luckily, usually the things that can reliably harm Plague Marines are dead by then, and I win with three nearly full squads of dudes.
    Just a thought.
    "Men attract not what they want but instead what they are."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've updated the original post with the latest list, including the suggestions.

I think it looks reasonable, am definitely open to critique and further ideas to improve it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie bogan View Post
    I'm willing to drop the demonic possession but only for extra armour. I think by not having at least extra armour you are making it too easy for your opponent to hold you off. With the extra armour they will need to immobilize or destroy the rhino.
    Immobilizing or destroying a Rhino is quite easy due to the low armor value of the tank, extra armor/daemonic possession really doesn't end up helping Rhinos and will be a big waste of points in the end. Those two upgrades are really only very good on something that is already hard to destroy, making it even harder. Also, by having 2 Daemon Princes and a ton of Oblits, people are going to tend to shoot at your Rhinos less than you may think, giving them more survivability even without the upgrades.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

+ Reply to Thread