<1000 1750 Allcomers list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Allcomers list

I wanted to make a list that would be good against all comers. I understand that this will make it hard to be the best but I am content with good. This list is skewed towards getting in quick and unconventionally. I am going to lay out the list and then try to convey how I pictured it all working together.

HQ

145 - Chaos Lord w/MoTz, Terminator Armour, and Pair of Lightning Claws
    100 - Greater Daemon

Elite

140 - Chaos Chosen Marines (5) w/Aspiring Champion, IoCG, Heavy Bolter, and 3 Twin-linked Bolters
    100 - Chaos Dreadnought w/Missile Launcher
    100 - Chaos Dreadnought w/Missile Launcher

Troops

271 - Plague Marines (7) w/Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, 2 Plasma Guns, Personal Icon, and a Rhino
    271 - Plague Marines (7) w/Aspiring Champion, Powerfist, 2 Plasma Guns, Personal Icon, and a Rhino
    185 - Noise Marines (6) w/Blastmaster, and 5 Sonic Blasters
    185 - Noise Marines (6) w/Blastmaster, and 5 Sonic Blasters
    104 - Lesser Daemons ( *act as a retinue for the Chaos Lord*

Heavy Support

150 - Defiler w/2 additional DCCWs

Well the Chosen are the keystone to this strategy. They will infiltrate and act as a summoning platform for the Lord and his Retinue of Daemons. The Chosen Champion will also act as the sacrifice for the Greater Daemon. 2 more champions in the Plague Marines squads act as backups for the Greater Daemon as do the Personal Icons in those squads for the Lord and his Retinue.The Rhinos will allow the Plague Marines to move in fast and get stuck in the fight where they can soak damage and provide a better launch point for the summons. The Noise Marines can be a mobile firing platform or stay still and pin from a distance, the Blastmasters acting in a light tank busting duty. Both Dreadnoughts have tank busting as does the Defiler. They also act as firing magnets, hoping to draw the fire away from the Chosen and Rhino Squads.

I am unsure weather or not I have enough firepower for mechanized list and don't know how this will fare against them but I think this is overall balanced. Now I know many people advocate the Daemonic Prince, and I understand why. I chose to go with the Lord for fluff reasons and the Lord allows me to become part of the Lesser Daemon squad. I don't think the Monstrous Creature type of the Daemon Lord allows that same advantage.

Anyway, hints, tips, and advice are all welcome. Please tell me what you think. I tried to stay Fast Attack feel without using any Fast Attack selections.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Daemon princes are better than termie lords. A lord cannot join daemons until after they have both arrived. One arrives via teleport and the other are summoned.

Elites: 5 chosen won't last. If the enemy get first turn they move towards them and rappidfire them into oblivion. Ditch them. Dreads are medeocre. vindicators or AC/1LC preds will do the job better or go for defilers. Cheap termies teleporting off mechanised icons could be a better use. Karmoon specials are good for this.

Troops: PMs are great. Sonics are ok but I prefer simply 6 sonic blasters. Lesser daemons are ok bnut vulnerable to shooting and not exactly the best unit in combat.

Heavy: Spot on.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of changes after thinking about my army for quite a while. I have what I like for 1500 but am not sure what to do to raise to 1750. Here is the core army and two options for the higher total.

HQ

Daemon Prince - MoS, LoS, Wings

Troops

Noise Marines (6) - Sonic Blaster x5, Blastmaster, Personal Icon
    Noise Marines (6) - Sonic Blaster x5, Blastmaster, Personal Icon
    Plague Marines (7) - Aspiring Champion w/ Powerfist and Combi-weapon, Plasma Gun x2, Personal Icon, Rhino
    Plague Marines (7) - Aspiring Champion w/ Powerfist and Combi-weapon, Plasma Gun x2, Personal Icon, Rhino

Heavy

Defiler - Dual CCW
    Defiler - Dual CCW

Summoned

Lesser Daemons (

Total - 1501

Now to bring it up to 1750 I could do two things

Raptors ( - Aspiring Champion w/ Dual LC, Meltagun x2, MoK
    Total up to 1751

or

Lesser Daemon (
    Something else that fits up to 145 points. (maybe a Raptor squad @ 6 with IoCG and 2 meltaguns? Or another DP with MoK, and Wings use as a GD?)

I like to have the summonables (Raptors would be deepstrike) as it allows me to direct my CC abilities where they could be useful. Where do you think I should go with the final 249 points? What is wrong with my core list or what do you think can benefit it the most?

+ Reply to Thread