<1000 500pt local tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pt local tourney list

Next weekend I'm playing my first tournament. We have used the tournament as a final date to get our 500 points armies ready for battle, all painted and ready to go! So far, I've got this..

HQ
    Demon prince - 120
    -doombolt

Troops
    8 CSM - 170
    -flamer
    -meltagun
    -rhino

5 Berzerkers - 105

Heavy support
    Predator - 100
    -heavy bolters

Total 495

The plan?
    Since I'm up against Black Templar and Orks I've tried to create a allround army, transport, anti tank, anti infantry and hard hitting close combat fellas. The demonprince will team up with the zerkers, leading one flank. The other flank will be more mobile, getting into combat more quickly. Jumping out the rhino spraying whatever get's in their sight with bolters, backed up by the predator.

I'd really appreciate tips, hints, changes, thoughts etc..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Firstly, the squad of CSM can't have 2 special weapons because they aren't 10 strong unfortunately. Also, a squad that size of Berzerkers footslogging isn't going to do very much for you. Also, wings on your DP would be incredible, not much can stand in the way of a winged DP in a 500 pt game. Try something like this:

HQ: Daemon Prince w/ wings and warptime - 155
    Troops 1: CSM x8 w/ meltagun and rhino equipped with a combi melta - 175
    Troops 2: CSM x8 w/ flamer and rhino equipped with combi-flamer - 170

With this you have a very well rounded army. You can blow up any transports you come across thanks to the melta, combi-melta and DP and you can wipe away infantry thanks to the flamer, combi-flamer and DP. You're also going to be very mobile and be able to keep your troops protected until the time to strike and they're at a decent enough number to hold their own in combat.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

500 points is tough, especially with chaos since they don't have cheap options for leaders. I would personally run this list:

HQ:
    Chaos Lord - 90

Troops:
    CSM x8 1 meltagun and rhino - 165
    CSM x7 1 meltagun and rhino (lord goes here) - 150

Heavy Support:
    (dakka) Predator 2 heavy bolters - 100

This gives each squad the ability to take out vehicles and mobility to get to where they want to go. The dakka pred gives you some armor and 8 shots to help with troops or transports. I think flamers on this scale are not needed since rapid fire bolters can do serious damage to horde units. You can sacrifice another marine to get a power weapon on the lord, but again on this scale i don't think its worth losing another trooper to get it. The demon prince with wings is nasty but a little too pricey for me, i would rather have the fire the dakka pred can dish out, while still having an ok CC unit with the lord.

Edit: Forgot to put point values.
    Last edited by Gathrog; March 21st, 2010 at 15:54.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okey! great tips, especially with the combi-meltas.
    one question though, giving my DP wings, that will make him jump infantry, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it would yes ....... he jumps 12inch a turn
    give him lash of sub plus the mark which comes too 155 pts you can get a first turn charge with him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im fairly sure that giving a prince wings would only allow him to move like jump infantry- its under the wings part of the wargear section. So he's still a monstrous creature.

+ Reply to Thread