<1000 1000 pts Chaos Undivided (First chaos army) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

1000 pts Chaos Undivided (First chaos army)

So now that painting is underway with my ork army I'm considering collecting a chaos army in the somewhat near future. The most important thing is I want my army to have speed and firepower. I also have some fluff restrictions. My army has only recently been enlightened to the glory of chaos, and declared themselves free of the false emperor. So heavy daemon units like a daemon prince and obliterators are out of the question. Same with the specialty god troop choices (like khorne berserkers and thousand sons). Here is what units i really want:

HQ-
    Chaos Lord - 90
    - Not sure what weapons

Troops-
    10 - chaos space marines (2 w/ meltaguns, w/ rhino) - 205
    10- chaos space marines (2 w/ meltaguns, w/ rhino) - 205
    - I'm not too attached to the melta guns, maybe plasma is better?

Heavy Support-
    1 - Vindicator - 125
    - Really love this tank. Cool model and the strength 10 pie plate is yummy.

I still have 375 points to play with, and it's obvious i need to put the lord somewhere. I also feel i'm lacking some sort of powerful CC unit. I was thinking of adding a squad of possessed marines, in a rhino, with the lord. I'm also considering giving the lord a jump pack and some raptors to accompany him. Just as important as my lack off CC is only having 2 scoring units in my army seems risky. Maybe another squad of 9 marines with a rhino to accompany the lord instead? Also have concerns about morale. I decided not to have champions to save points, but i've noticed that chaos marines don't automatically regroup and can get swept. Is this a big issue?

I need some help people lol

What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: A Lash of submission sorceror would be my reccomendation but If you dont want marks of chaos (good for you) in the list then take a daemon weapon or L-claws. The good thing about Daemon princes is they don't have to join a squad in a rhino. 10 man CSM squads are the way to go and dropping one is a shame to fit in the HQ. I would suggest taking a 7 man Plague marine unit as the HQ can join them in a rhino and you still get 2 special weapons.

Troops: Take 10 CSM with IoCG to reroll morale tests. add a champ with PF and keep the meltas and rhino. If you take a third squad then consider plasmas but 2 melta squads are definately worthwhile.

Fast: Raptors are a bit expensive for what you get. I would take more troops and leave raptors until 1500 points

Heavy: Vindicators are great. Three are fantastic but again wait until 1500.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Definately throw a thrid squad of 10 CSMs into your army equipped with a champ+powerfist, a rhino and 2 plasmaguns as well as adding a champ w/powerfist onto your other squads. Also, if you're worried about losing combat and falling back try throwing an Icon of Chaos Glory onto your squads of troops. I'd also still consider a Daemon Prince with wings, no mark and warptime adding in some fluff about how when your "chapter" left the ranks of the Emperor that the crimes your lord commited against The Imperium were so heinous and disturbed that he was immediately granted the rank of Daemon Prince when they entered the Eye of Terror. If you're still really against Princes, try making him a termie lord and grouping him with some termies. As for Heavy selection, not a big fan of Vindicators over Defilers, however, since your fluff states they have just left The Imperium it doesn't make sense for them to have Defilers and a Vindicator was a good choice. You could also try out the AC/LC/LC Pred or even a Land Raider.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Rage View Post
    if you're worried about losing combat and falling back try throwing an Icon of Chaos Glory onto your squads of troops.
    Well i don't know. I'm asking whether or not i should be worried. Do your squads (assuming you field at least one squad of normal marines) fail morale checks or get swept often? Do your squads take Icons of Chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Rage View Post
    I'd also still consider a Daemon Prince with wings, no mark and warptime adding in some fluff about how when your "chapter" left the ranks of the Emperor that the crimes your lord commited against The Imperium were so heinous and disturbed that he was immediately granted the rank of Daemon Prince when they entered the Eye of Terror.
    I've read 4 of the chaos books from the black library. The ascension to daemon prince is only granted after thousands of years of service, and hundreds of worlds burned in the name of chaos. Even after all that 50% of the time you just get turned into a mindless chaos spawn, while the gods laugh at you. It would be more likely that the Orks join the Imperium then someone being instantly ascended into a daemon prince.

I understand that the daemon prince, in game terms, is the by far the best leader for its points. But if I absurdly bend the fluff to incorporate one, then there is really no point in having fluff at all.

You two both pointed out that having a champion with a powerfist is the way to go, and you both didn't seem worried about a dedicated CC unit. So here is my revised list based on that info:

HQ-
    Chaos Lord (Powerfist, Combi-Melta) – 125

Troops-
    9 - Chaos Space Marines (1 w/ meltagun, w/ rhino) – 180
    - Lord goes with this squad and acts as champion w/ powerfist

10 - Chaos Space Marines (2 w/ meltaguns, 1 champion w/ powerfist, w/ rhino) - 245
    10 - Chaos Space Marines (2 w/ meltaguns, 1 champion w/ powerfist, w/ rhino) - 245

Heavy Support-
    1 – Vindicator – 125

I still have 80 points to play with, but 30 bodies with a tank isn't bad so far for 1000 points.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

+ Reply to Thread