<1000 1850 Local Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Local Tournament List

so there is a 1850 tournament coming up next weekend at my local GW shop. Ive been to a couple tournies so far and have done variably well (from 3rd place to dead last lol) So here is the list!
    HQ
    165-Kharn the Betrayer
    175- Daemon Prince with Mark of Nurgle, Wings, and Warptime
    Troops
    315-10 plague marines w/ 2 plasma guns Champion with Power Weapon, personal icon, plasma pistol, and melta bombs
    310-10 plague marines w/ plasma gun and meltagun Champion with Power Weapon, personal icon, plasma pistol, and melta bombs
    208-8 Khorne Berzerkers Champion with Power Fist
    45-Rhino Combi-Melta
    45-Rhino Combi-Melta
    60-Rhino Combi-Melta and Extra Armor
    Heavy Support
    225- 3 Obliterators
    150- 2 Obliterators
    150-Defiler with 1 extra Close Combat weapon and a reaper autocannon
    so basically kharn and the zerkers go in the extra armor rhino and do what they do, the dp will be reserved and deepstriked or deployed, the defiler will be in reserves as i have found that he survives longer if he comes in later, i would put a squad of oblits in reserve but i have had them come in on turn 5 the last few games i have done so. the reason the plague squads have some varied weapons is thats how they are modeled

tell me what u think

Last edited by aberson126; March 27th, 2010 at 18:02. Reason: i cant spell

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

165-Kharn the Betrayer

I really don't like Kharn. He's just too random. Killing your own Troops is not good.

Fine.

Troops
    315-10 plague marines w/ 2 plasma guns Champion with Power Weapon, personal icon, plasma pistol, and melta bombs
    310-10 plague marines w/ plasma gun and meltagun Champion with Power Weapon, personal icon, plasma pistol, and melta bombs

Nice. Champs much better with Fists and no Bombs. I would lose a few to increase the Berzerker squad to 10.

Fine.

45-Rhino Combi-Melta
    45-Rhino Combi-Melta

I'd lose the extra armour.

225- 3 Obliterators
    150- 2 Obliterators
    150-Defiler with 1 extra Close Combat weapon and a reaper

Fine. If you go fist - deploy the Defiler. If second deploy it in cover. Behind the Rhinos maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    165-Kharn the Betrayer
    Good, I like both.

Troops

I would drop these guys down to 7 man squads. Also don't mix your special weapons. Either go both melta or both plasma. In this case I would say go with an additional melta for added tank killing. Also drop the melta bombs and pick up a powerfist instead of a power weapon. Always a better investment. you also might consider dropping the plasma pistols on the Champs as there is an inherent risk in your 40-50 point leader killing himself but I've always liked the gamble.

Use some of the points from the Nurgles to bump the squad up a member. Your going to want it.

45-Rhino Combi-Melta
    45-Rhino Combi-Melta

Drop the extra armor (the best choice) or if you really want it to never get slowed down pay the extra price for the Possession

Heavy Support
    225- 3 Obliterators
    150- 2 Obliterators
    150-Defiler with 1 extra Close Combat weapon and a reaper autocannon

Since your not running a lash I would drop the reaper for another close combat weapon. Use it to support the berzerkers. Fill out the oblits with any points from the PMs.
    Last edited by Clockwork-Titan; April 3rd, 2010 at 22:07.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Lets see, I am facing this list, What would i shoot first???? Hmm a defiler, ok, killed him, now what am i going to use my other 2-3 anti armor weapons on, i got obliterators over there, or that rhino with khorne berserkers and kharn, or those two rhinos with plague marines?? do you really think your rhino with kharn will get anywhere near your opponent, you need more armor to distract your opponent. that means predators, vindicators, dreadnaughts, or more defilers, personally i would go with another defiler.

otherwise you have already gotten good advice, power fists are much more effective than melta bombs, you can probably lose a few plague marines and add a champion with a fist to your berserkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I'd look into dropping your Plague Marine squad sizes down to 7 (their magic number), throw meltaguns onto them instead of plasma, lose the meltabombs, lose the plasma pistol, lose the personal icon and replace the power weapons with powerfists. I do all this because your squads were all over the place, self destructive and over costed, they should now cost 266 pts including their Rhino transport.

The squad of Berzerkers looks great, keep them as is, however, I'd drop the Rhino as they won't survive very long in one with Kharn riding with them, and swap the squad of 3 Oblits with a Land Raider for the Berzerkers and Kharn to ride in. I'd also look into replacing the other squad of Oblits with another Defiler, 2 Defilers somehow has made my opponents completely ignore the Land Raider full of Berzerkers and Kharn for me.

With the extra points, look into a couple of squads of Termies or a couple of Dreads with missile launchers, Daemonic Possession on the Land Raider wouldn't hurt either.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

+ Reply to Thread