<2000 1500 points Khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points Khorne

Hi guys, ive been plying around with Khorne for a few trial games (10 over a weekend - too much btw) and im finally getting a hang of how i like to play them, im looking for comments and criticism, and in particular styles of lists that you think would give it trouble so i can get a few test games out the way before i buy this thing

ive been going with:

Kharn

8 Berzerkers with champ & power fist, Icon
    Rhino with combi melta

Rhino with combi melta

Rhino with combi melta

8 summoned daemons

8 summoned Daemons

8 summoned Daemons

Summoned greater daemon

at this point ive been currently using 3 terminators, 1 power fist, 3 combi meltas, mainly to make use of the icons and to add some quickly deployable anti-tank, but im not happy with them, and would love to replace them with something else. proviso being it has to be fluffy.

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest problem you have is a grand total of 0 armour and way too much summoned daemons.

Let me put it into perspective for you, I run a pretty competitive 1500 list that as far as heavy slots involves a Land Raider and 5 Oblits. That's 2 TL Lascannons, 2 Lascannons, 3 Lascannons. You have 3 Rhino's...how long do you think they will last before your berzerkers have to walk across the board?

First thing's first, Kharn and a Berzerker squad should really have a Land Raider with Daemonic Posession. You could possibly lose the power fist and replace with a power weapon. With a power fist you lose the +1 attack (for pistol and cc weapon) and you also lose your I5 bonus on the charge. It's also unnecessary as you should really be tearing up enemy troops and other soft stuff with Kharn and his squad as this is what they are best at.

You can keep the power fists in the other squads if you like, just remember you will lose them to a GD at some point. That said, hopefully the GD will pop out from the raider squad and then you still have Kharn with the power weapon.

The Greater Daemons is pretty cool, I'd say keep that.

Lose all the combi melta nonsense from the Rhino's, keep them cheap. The only thing I ever put on mine is extra armour if I have points to screw around with or feel like I will need it (against things like necrons that glance you to death). Extra armour ensures your Rhino's are always moving unless destroyed or immobilised so its worth thinking about.

I would recommend you take out all the summoned lesser daemons and icons along with them. Replace this with some Heavy Support like 3 Oblits/Triple Las Pred (with DP) and Vindicator (with DP)/Defiler. If after the Raider, and the other 2 Heavy slots are sorted you still have points for lesser daemons, then feel free to consider them.
    Fear the awesome wrath of The ANZAC Clan!!!

Aussie Bogan: Beer Drinking, Steak Eating, Thong Wearing Maniac!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt want to completley change the list tbh, and i wanted to be light on tanks.

ive done plenty of LR lists and the like and i wanted a fluffy khorne army. the summoned demons have been invaluable so far, especially for babysitting kharn in combat. and holding objectives. i might put a Lr in instead of the rhino and terminators for 1 squad. but 3las preds are just something i hate. and i wont take obliterators after the great plasmacannon shenannigans of 2008

+ Reply to Thread