<2000 Khorne Based 1500 Pts. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne Based 1500 Pts.

I just joined, and have been out of the 40k scene for a while. I picked up a new codex a couple weeks ago, and this is what I have come up with so far.

HQ

Lord w/ MoK, Demon Weapon, Personal Icon
    -rolls with 9 man zerkers

Elites

5 Terms w/ IoK, Pair Lightning Claws x5

1 Dreadnought w/ Multi- Melta

8 Chosen w/ MeltaGun x5

Troops

10 Zerkers w/ Rhino

9 Zerkers w/ Rhino

10 CSM w/ IoK, Plasma Pistol, MeltaGun, Rhino

Heavy Support

Predator w/ LasCannon Sponsors

Feel Like im missing some long range support, but like the idea of the infiltrating chosen to take out some tanks off the bat. I have a Land Raider to throw the "Command Zerkers" in, but its just to pricey. The Terms are pricey but Look Badass. Any Input/comments would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Hey welcome to LO! Let's see if I can't give you some good advice.

I don't know how long you've been out of the game but this is a very 4th Edition list. First off, Lords are strictly worse than Demon Princes imo. Some will debate this, most won't. Khorne Princes are kind of lack luster, so slap a different mark on if you don't mind the fluff hit, otherwise Mark and Wings will get it done.

The Termies are assault, but have no delivery method. I'd switch these to some Combi-Meltas and a few PFs. Drop them in Icons to bust tanks while still being competent in CC.

CSM Dreads suck imo. To random and Dreads are easy to pop for a lot of armies. These points can go better into Heavies that you need.

If you keep the Chosen, make them small and keep the Meltas. They should always Outflank, Infiltrating 8 regular Marines is a free kill. If you swap the Termies to Tank Hunters, you can probably drop these for Heavies/upgrades you need other places.

Zerkers absolutely need PF Champs. Not even an option to go without them. 3 PF attacks is so good and armor is the name of the game right now.

Your regular Marine unit is okay. I'd go double meltas and drop the Pistol for a Fist Champion, mandatory for Marines.

Lascannon Predators are pretty bad. They can't move and fire well and there's a lot of Deep Strike/Outflank to wreck it. I'd buy a Vindicator or a Defiler, something that keeps up with you and gives much needed horde control.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excess I get what your saying. Got some changes in mind, Check this out:

HQ

Prince w/ MoK, Wings

Elites

Chosen w/ MeltaGun x5, Rhino

Troops

CSM w/ IoK, Melta x2, Rhino

Bezerkers w/ Skull Champ & PF, Rhino

Bezerkers w/ Skull Champ & PF, Land Raider

Heavy Support

Defiler w/ CCW instead of Heavy Flamer

Thats For 1500 Pts.

Then For 1750...

reduce troop squads to 9, and add an Obliterator and the Termy Squad.

Thinking that sounds a bit better. Any other advice?

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Personally I'm not a fan of Land Raiders. It's not to hard to disembark behind a Rhino wall, than charge next turn and it's much cheaper. I'd stick with your Rhinos but that's just me. If you have Oblits, I'd honestly use those over Chosen. You want a great delivery method for your anti-armor. Against this, your Chosen would be a priority target and quickly walking. This does save your other Rhinos some flack but denies you crucial tank busting.

Oblits and Termies can DS off Icons, which is very reliable. I'm a big believer in "This unit needs to do what I need it to do, always" so that's how I think. Even if the Icons die, they still might land, or not scatter badly. The list looks fine and will work, those are just the changes I'd make. Trading the Raider in for another Defiler and other would be a move I'd consider.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I agree with what most of what The Prince of Excess says. I personally like Land Raiders for Berzerkers and enjoy adding a Dread into my Khorne lists, but he does have very good points about the two of them. Your max amount of Berzerkers in a squad should be 8 and always with a champ and pf (some may say power weapon to abuse the extra attack and init on the charge, but the moment they get caught by a monstrous creature they're toast) as well as your CSM squad should never go below 10 and again, should always have a champ with pf. Also, as The Prince mentioned, if you have the Oblits already use them, take out that Land Raider and those Chosen and throw in a Rhino and a squad of Oblits.

The only problem that I can forsee your list having is it has a lack of "priority" targets, making your opponent more likely to fire at your Rhinos. When you boost your army up in points I'd look into adding another Daemon Prince and Defiler, these guys are HUGE threats to your opponent and will virtually wipe your troops off the radar while they are still on the table.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

+ Reply to Thread