<2000 new to chaos. 1500pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to chaos. 1500pt list

hey all... im wanting to start up a fluffy yet still competitive Alpha Legion list so was looking for some C&C on my first attempt.

HQ
    Sorcerer, mark of slaanesh, lash of submission + terminator armour 140pts

Elites
    10 Chosen, Champion with powerfist, 2 Melta Guns and 2 Power weapons, Icon of Slaanesh 285pts
    10 Chosen, Champion with powerfist, 2 Melta Guns and 2 Power weapons, Icon of Slaanesh 285pts

Troops
    10 CSM, Missile Launcher, Icon of Chaos Glory 170pts
    10 CSM, Missile Launcher 160pts
    10 CSM, Champion with powerfist, 2 flamers, Icon of Chaos Glory and a Rhino 245pts

Heavy Support
    7 Havoc's, 2 Lascannons, 2 Missile Launchers 215pts

Total = 1500pts

Last edited by lordcheese; May 6th, 2010 at 00:06.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

The sorceror is isolated.

Hes on his own with wings. Its a lascannon waiting to happen man.
    Like the rest of the changes.

Need more shields in the havoc squad
    The unit running forward would be better with the icon.
    other than that all is good =]

oh and btw

2-1 ;-]
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by lordcheese View Post
    hey all... im wanting to start up a fluffy yet still competitive Alpha Legion list so was looking for some C&C on my first attempt.

HQ
    Sorcerer, mark of slaanesh, lash of submission + jump pack 145pts

Swap to a lash prince

Elites
    7 Chosen, Champion with powerfist, 3 Melta Guns and a flamer 196pts

How do you plan to deploy and use these squads?For tank hunting they'll more than likely be engaged in cc before getting close enough to use the meltas. Generally you wont be aiming a flamer at something you want to use a melta on, so sticking to one special weapon per squad is more advised. If you insist on chosen it's usually a good idea to stick them in a rhino and outflank, giving them a few flamers and IoK or IoS. Perhaps even a few meltas with a combi melta on the rhino too. Or both.

Personally I'm not a fan

Troops
    10 CSM, Champion with powerfist, 2 flamers and a Rhino 235pts

Cheap durable scoring units. But no form of transport and a heavy weapon will mean having to stick these guys in cover and keep them there. Which seems fine when protecting objectives.

Heavy Support
    5 Havoc's, 2 Lascannons, 2 Missile Launchers 185pts

It's probably wise to consider buffing this squad out abit more so you have a few expendable wounds before the special weapons start dying

Total = 1493pts
    Overall I think the list lacks any flavor. It certainly lacks armor but that is intentional. Goodluck
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

HQ
    I'd definately swap this guy with a Lash Prince if you're set on using Lash, they're tougher and stronger.

Elites
    These guys need Rhinos or they'll be dead before you can bat an eye. Also, stick to one type of special weapon, personally I'd use meltas on these guys as they pop armor very well.

Troops
    Drop the missile launchers on these guys, heavy weapons on Marines doesn't usually do too well. Instead, give all of them a champ with powerfist and give the squad 2 meltaguns and a Rhino (unless you know you'll be playing a bunch of swarm armies, then give the champ a power weaon and replace the meltas with flamers).

Heavy
    I'm just not a fan of Havocs in general, anything they can do an Obliterator Cult can do better.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Hes focussing on keeping it fluffy though
    And a sorceror is far more fluffy for Alpha Legion than a DP. Otherwise I'd completely agree with you.
    The sorceror still needs protection as well. He cant stay on his own like that.
    I like the idea of deepstriking a lone termy sorceror with lash and combi weapon in, hes the same amount of points and would be really cool.

The problem with the infantry isnt necessarily a lack of transport. Its the fact theres only 1 rhino. its the only armor concern the opposition has.

And I couldn't disagree more with the chosen they are there to infiltrate. yes manouverability from rhinos would be better but again hes sticking to fluff. If hes looking to get seriously more competitive then the rhinos are the way to go, but hes looking for a fluffy list than can just hold its own, which this list at the moment is.

I agree with what your saying about 1 type of special weapon in the chosen but I like the melta flamer combo, gives them versatility, my plagues run 1 of each. I do however have to say that the chosen need something to make them tougher. Some type of mark, whatever it is, as yeah, they will get charged or shot to bits very quickly and they only have base marine statlines.

Agree that I prefer oblits to havocs, but in the interst of fluff I'd keep the havocs and bulk them up like Hybrid said.

Marks would give it more flavour/character if your looking for it man.

Also on adding in all the rhinos, it ouwld make it just another bog standard chaos in bndwagons force. This has to stay HIS army, which is a footslogger. And Id genuinely be tempted to drop the one rhino if it wasnt moderatly necessary

ahem...."Marc Antoine-Fortune' Marc Antoine-Fortune' Marc Antoine-Fortune"
    Last edited by Castellan Green; May 5th, 2010 at 19:46. Reason: Mac-Antoine Fortune'
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iv updated the list with some changes.. as green said im trying to keep it fluffy thats why the chosen are in there. any more comments welcome

oh and green......... we'v already won the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

>.>

hrmmm. Well marines wont charge you. I thot you only had 2 meltas in the units, you would be better making it 2 meltas and a flamer if your keeping the flamers
    6 men in each unit will make it a slaanesh army like you said the other day.

And the havocs STILL need more shields man. right now I take out 2 marines and your a heavy weapon down. its not good enough for the pts your paying

Maybe drop a unit of chosen to make the other 2 units larger and tougher. I know you want as much infiltrating as possible but it might be better that way, only other way to get around it is dropping the havocs or a regular squad and that either humps you for long range or brings you down to only 2 scoring units
    Last edited by Castellan Green; May 5th, 2010 at 22:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boosted the havocs squads and changed the chosen.... what uz think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Thats far better.

It really is. If your happy with it go for it.
    After a couple of games you might want to drop the glory icons and make the chosen khornate but only time will tell.

+ Reply to Thread