<2000 1250 monsterous - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1250 monsterous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 monsterous

this is a slightly bigger list than my 1k list i recently posted after a few games i saw what was needed... the herald is temporary until i can get a unit of bloodcrushers and fatweaver. but its slightly more expensive as i have discovered the nastiness of being charged by a defiler and not being able to kill it

HQ:
    Bloodthirster ---
    Herald 130
    juggernaught, unholy might, fury of khorne

Troops:
    10 bloodletters 160
    10 bloodletters 160
    15 daemonettes 210

Heavy:
    Daemon prince 170
    Tzeentch, bolt, breath
    Daemon Prince (as above) 170

Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The herald of khorne isn't really that good. Instead, bloodcrushers work a lot better. Even if you already have the model, a single bloodcrusher would be a better choice.

I'd drop breath from the daemon princes and instead combine it with the points gained from cutting out the herald of khorne, and field a third daemon prince instead.

Everything else looks fine for this point level.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    The herald of khorne isn't really that good. Instead, bloodcrushers work a lot better. Even if you already have the model, a single bloodcrusher would be a better choice.

I'd drop breath from the daemon princes and instead combine it with the points gained from cutting out the herald of khorne, and field a third daemon prince instead.

Everything else looks fine for this point level.

Good luck!
    ok all sounds good except bloodcrusher... what makes a single blood crusher on its own better then a herald who can just join and leave units at will? (who is almost like a little daemon prince minus monsterous creature?)
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

There's really nothing he can do that the bloodletters can't already do on their own. He doesn't help the bloodletters with their weaknesses (speed and vulnerability to shooting) and only improves what they're already great at. You're much better off using a bloodcrusher, which only costs 40 points, and harassing people with it, to harm his small units and/or draw fire away from your more vulnerable troops.

If you want to use the herald, then make him a chariot, and use him like you would a bloodcrusher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do agree with that, chariots are awesome for how much they costs they're like daemon princes who aren't monsterous! just a matter of getting a model lol. any suggestions?
    Win Loss Ratios:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

A normal bloodcrusher could work. Technically it's supposed to be a bloodcrusher pulling a chariot, but you'd need to get both a chariot and a bloodcrusher to do that, and I think it would look silly. I'd just pimp out a bloodcrusher.

If bloodcrushers seem too expensive (and they are) you could always do what I did and put a bloodletter on top of some sort of engine/monster or toy. Personally, I have them riding the rolling dwarven altars from the skull pass set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fair enough, that works. thanks.
    Win Loss Ratios:

+ Reply to Thread