<1000 New to 40K.. Again. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to 40K.. Again.

Hello. Back in with Warhammer 40K under the Chaos Space Marines. Previously collected a Space Marine army and didnt really know what I was doing, in the end got beaten by everyone - including my mates Tau army and my friends other Space Marine Army.

Cutting it short im back, and have bought myself a Chaos Space Marine Battleforce. Only thing is, im not sure what on earth im going to do with the bits ive got, or what to get next? I want a balanced force so I can be just as lethal in close combat as I am in the shooting, and the Khorne Berzerkers should be able to do the hands on stuff whilst the 15 marines the set has given me can give the fire. I plan to use the Rhino to get the Berzerkers into the fight, but im not sure what else im going to do, any tips would be appreciated? Cheers in advance,

Dan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Pick up another Rhino for those CSMs and a Daemon Prince with wings (I also enjoy adding the Mark of Nurgle and Warptime to my princes) for your HQ choice and you're off to a good start. Your Berzerker squad should have one model upgraded to a skull champ with a power fist and the CSMs should have a model upgraded to an aspiring champ with powerfist, as well as 2 models be equipped with meltaguns. In the current environment, there are alot of MECH armies out there with a ton of armor, those fists, meltaguns and Daemon Prince will make short work of your opponent.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest getting a box of berzerkers and give yourself a solid 20, putting them in two squads of 10 or a big squad of 20 and use them to smash your opponent in close combat. Also maybe a squad of plauge marines to hold onto your home objective. Finally I would recomend you have a transport for most of if not all of your squads. Rihno's are a cheep and effective way to achive this goal. In regards to a commander You could use almost any of the basic ones, lord, sorceror who is backed up with one of your squads could work out well. Demon Princes are another option as well as they are tough and monsterous in close combat, also they tend to be fire magnets which draws anti tank fire away from your troop carriers and gets those units were they are needed most. For starting out I might recomend a simple lord at first to save you some points and more importantly money, I find starting the army is the hardest part becouse of how exspensive some of it can get. Lords are cheep about fifteen bucks so they would save you some money at least early on. Its best to start out small and see how you want your army to play and go from there rather then buyig everything at once. Focuse on a particular aspect and go from there then branch out. I hope this helps good luck to you.

Red Corsair

+ Reply to Thread