<2000 1500p 1k Sons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500p 1k Sons

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

1500p 1k Sons

So, I have started playing again after about 10 years or something...

Trying to gather up a decent army list atm to play with...

My thought was:

DP, wings, MoT, wind, wt

2squads @8 1ksons +sorc with bolts and rhinos (maybe combi weps)

a defiler

some oblits...

Well, that's the basic stuff atleast.
    I am currently converting some terminators and a termie sorcerer to be DSed in to pew pew the enemies, but I'm a bit uncertain. I need the anti-tank but the deepstriking is a big RNG situation...

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Oh and...is two troop choices usually enough for 1500 points, or should i try to include more? Lesser daemons perhaps?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Put Combi-Meltas on your Rhinos and Bolt on your Sarges, that's very solid anti-tank. Think about Bolt on the Prince too but Wind is a solid choice.

Defiler should trade in one weapon for an additional CCW, I recommend the Reaper.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

bolts on the asps is expensive though, otherwise I'd taken it...
    1k sons are already expensive enough without it...

so in a squad of 5 termies, how should the weapons be? I want a reaper atleast, and a few combi weps, but how should the combiwep/chain/powerfist ratios be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

It's kind of a must have though, the more expensive an army is the more jack of all trades you need. Here's what I would run, just to give you something to think on.

DP w/ Wings, MoT, Wind and Warptime

3 Termies w/ Comb-Meltas

3x 7 Thousand Sons
    3x Sorcerers w/ Bolt of Change
    3x Rhino w/ Combi-Meltas

2x Defilers w/ Additional CCW and HF

That'd be 1498. I'm not saying the end all be all list but it was along the lines of what you wanted. Every single unit kills tanks, 4 units assault, 3 resilient Troops and multiple fire magnets. I personally like Termies as a small tank buster squad that can assault infantry, it's rare you'll Melta a tank, than assault another one in my experience.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

well, it just feels like such a waste to fire a whole squad at a tank when there is only one shot having a chance to penetrate

I'd rather have some oblits or termies or something that can take care of armored things...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

You don't have to shoot a tank. It can kill a marine, or wound a Monstrous Creature. Nothing about the ability says it has to shoot a tank but otherwise your squads have no anti-tank. Only your Rhinos, Termies and possibly Heavy Support will be a shooting threat to vehicles and your Rhinos are already on the target list.

I don't know what armies you face and how much Mech there is in your area but if it's heavy, I don't think you'll be sorry to have flexibility.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Played a game with my mostly 1k Sons against the new Blood Angels. I put BoC on the AS's and they got 1 chance to fire before getting assaulted but at least the BoC did not allow the FnP to work. I did get 2 chances to fire the BoC at a Vindicator - first one got past Mepheston's hood but the AS missed with the shot and the other was nullified by Mepheston on the 2nd attempt. Nothing else is really worth taking when you try to keep the 1k sons out of charge range but that is just my style though, I prefer that squad to be shooting versus anything else so the range of the BoC and the strength is just fine by me.

I am seeing the validity of the combi-meltas on the rhino's suggestion - once the passengers disembark the rhino's drop in priority against most opponents, would have loved to popped a vindy with it (and to think its cheaper than the BoC too). I think I will try this myself as the duality of such a simple upgrade should make them productive (as a transport and one time tank popper) even if only one rhino out of the list gets a shot off (hood that mepheston!).

I am also liking the Defiler suggestion over my current selection of a predator - the defiler isn't feeling very 1k son to me but the predator just isn't pulling its weight. Staying true to theme is just too limiting to game play as it feels I am "handcuffing" myself with less than efficient options (of course).

Some good suggestions here - I know I will try some.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might also try a vindicator or two. S10 cannon, pie template, 125? points. probably treat you pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Vindicators are awesome as well. Personally I prefer Defilers because they're more adaptable. They can shuffle slow and fire, or Fleet to keep up for a headlong charge. I think Defilers are actually under-rated for all the things they can do, even though they're a popular choice.

+ Reply to Thread