<1000 1k competitive play - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k competitive play

Hey guys,

I'm trying to build some decent lists for playing at GW. There playing pretty competitive there...

how about this? any coment is welcome.

thanks,
    Reno

Sorcerer Lord 125
    MoS, LoS

2X 8 csm 170
    Ac: pf, melta gun 205
    1X Rhino

8 khorne berzerkers 248
    Sc: pf
    Rhino, db

2 vindicators 250

998 pts

The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Looks ok.

Generally CSM squads should be 10 man strong to get 2 meltas in there and adding IoCG makes them into the classic load out. If yo want this then either drop a vindicator or get only one CSM squad leaving 127 points left over. This could get you a third vindicator but leaves you short of troops. Better to take 5 Noise marines with sonic blasters who can stay on your side of the board in cover and laying down a very decent 15 bolter shots a turn while holding an objective.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Mad Cat that it looks alright already.

I'd rather have a bare bones daemon prince with wings than a sorceror lord with no jump pack. At the very least it provides another target/thread for the enemy to shoot at, something chaos can't get very much of at 1K points. Lash is nice but isn't as useful as you might think, because in a competitive environment everyone is going to be mechanized and have some form of psychic protection. Nevertheless, I'd still take it if I had the points to spare.
    HDZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like this?

sorcerer lord 145
    MoS, LoS, wings

10 csm 250
    2 meltagun
    Ac: pf
    Rhino: db

7 khorne berzerkers 227
    Sc: pf
    Rhino, db

5 noise marines 125
    5 sonic blasters

2 vindicators 250

998 pts

A sorcerer with wings can enter a rhino. so I can put him with the berzerkers, of have him stay with the noise marines... noise marines will stay in the back, for either support fire or objective keeping.
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

@Shas O

As you requested here is the list used in UK WD 333- its 2008 points (for some reason) as I said on the other thread it is a peculier list I don't recommend you try!

Chaos Lord- MoKhorn, Daemon weapon, Melta bombs
    Chaos Lord- Terminator Armour, Daemon Weapon

Elites

5 Termies- Powerfist, chainfist, combi-flamer, combi-melta, reaper autocannon
    5 Possessed
    5 Possessed

Troops

10 CSM- IoNurgle, Aspiring Champ (p. wpn, plasma pistol) meltagun heavy bolter- rhino (ex. armour)
    9 Khorne Beserkers- Icon, rhino (ex. armour)
    2 Spawn
    10 Lesser Daemons (they used Harpies if you were wondering)

Heavy Support

Defiler (havoc launcher)
    Vindicator (Demonic Possesion)
    8 Havocs- IoCG, 3 Heavy bolters

Mental, I can only guess they really wanted to sell Chaos Battleforces and Spawn sets.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, indeed you where right. it's rubbish.

but, who won? how did the CSM player use his army? Maybe it's not my army building, but my play style which makes me lose often...

would you also comment on the list I made, please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

CSM won, largely due to the inept nature of the IG player (who was of course using the old IG codex, which was much weaker than the current one)

I don't see much wrong with your initial list, how are you using it? what usually goes wrong?

The revised list looks good to me, im a big fan of noise marines, great at anti infantry. Personally id go for a DP with wings to fly around attacking things, largely because I dont like using Lash, and as H3ytony said most armies are mech nowadays so it isnt as useful as it used to be. Still, its solid.
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could remove the Dozer Blades and make him a Daemon Prince. But if he's all alone flying over the battlefield, won't he be a flying target disc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'O RenoSaurus View Post
    I could remove the Dozer Blades and make him a Daemon Prince. But if he's all alone flying over the battlefield, won't he be a flying target disc?
    He will indeed, thats why you dont want to put too many points on him, but when they are firing at him they arent popping your tanks or marine squads- and, if he can stay alive, there is a good chance he can take on their MCs or characters in CC. Just hypothesising...
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if I give him MoN and wings?

no lash, no PP, nothing. All I have to do, is remove 1 DB

Daemon Prince 150
    MoN, Wings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast