<2000 1750 casual tourny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 casual tourny list

HQ:
    Daemon Prince 155
    - Wings
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Lash of Submission

Daemon Prince 155
    - Wings
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Lash of Submission

Elites:
    5 Chaos Terminators 240p
    - 2 Lightning Claws, Icon of Tzeentch
    - 2 Lightning Claws
    - Power Fist
    - Power Fist
    - Power Fist Heavy Flamer

Troops:
    7 Plague Marines 205p
    - Plasma Gun
    - Meltagun
    Rhino

7 Plague Marines 205p
    - Plasma Gun
    - Meltagun
    Rhino

8 Khorne Berzerkers 244p
    Skull Champion
    - Power Weapon
    - Meltabomb
    Rhino

8 Khorne Berzerkers 244p
    Skull Champion
    - Power Weapon
    - Meltabomb
    Rhino

Heavy Support
    Chaos Defiler
    - DCCW

Chaos Defiler
    - DCCW

1748p

the Plague Marine roll around and try to kill tanks while sitting in the rhino.

the khorne go to the closest target and kill them in CC.

the daemon princes will focus on the worst enemy out there and keep it in a corner.

the defilers will stand back and shoot at infantry

the termies will go and deepstrike and go into CC asap

please give some Feedback on the list

Last edited by Thuresson; June 21st, 2010 at 02:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Deep striking HtH Terminators has poor idea written all over it. I would tool these guys out differently. Maybe 4 Combi-Melta's/Plasma's and a Heavy Flamer/Chainfist. Other than that, it looks good. You may want to consider moving your Defilers up each round instead of leaving them back and shooting. They will "appear" to pose a greater threat the closer to the enemy they are, leaving your Transports mostly unmolested.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with above. our terminators are decent, but for assault, khorne berzerkers usually do better. it's not uncommon to massacre an entire squad of terminators with a 10-man squad of our troop choices. I would take instead 2 squads of 3, all equipped with combi-meltas, and one in each squad with a chainfist. Should come out to 240 points total, so same price.

Move the guns around so that you have two plasmas in one squad, and two meltas in the other. it adds purpose, and will make more sense in the long run. Meltabombs are fail, Drop those.

In my opinion, and take that as you will, as long as you are intelligent with your squads and keep them mobile, you really don't need a fourth till 2000 points.

That said, i'd drop a squad of berzerkers, drop the other squad's rhino, give the other squad a power fist and give it a landraider. If you want to get a squad of bloodthirsty maniacs to the enemy, stick them in a rolling fortress. It also helps to have some direct-fire AT, that's long range.

Your defilers need work. If you're going to sit back and shoot, which is really not what they're good at, you can fire EITHER the cannon or all the other weapons, not both. what they're really for is mashing tanks. take 2 CCW's, and no other guns. You now have a long range S8 ordinance gun that fires every turn, and in close combat there is NO reason they shouldn't either destroy a tank or damage one irreparably. So here's whatcha do. Walk toward the enemy, using cover appropriately, shoot the cannon. when you get within 16" or so of an enemy, charge them. Avoid dreadnoughts, as thew will go first. you can shoot them all you like though. on charge impact, you get 6 S10 attacks. There's no reason that a rhino shouldnt pop, a predator or vindicator shouldn't pop, especially if you get side or rear armor, and it's quite possibly to demolish a landraider. Their real strength is as a mobile firing platform that also has teeth for close combat.

it's just fine to use the DP's to throw squads into a corner, but they should also be dreadnought hunting. They attack. A lot. At strength 6 +2D6 for armor penetration, there's no reason they can't crack armor. they have higher I, so they go first, and they're very quick/mobile with wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

defilers always hit on rear armour in CC as every infantry does. My terminators have always been my friend. last game I met some space puppies and they just came in and wrecked 3 grps of 10 and only 1 died. does all monsterous creatures get 2d6 in arm pen? I have never used them before but I hear that they are good. I feel that I kinda need 4 Troop choises when I play with objectivs. My enemy tend to kill all my troops first so I can't get any
    Last edited by Thuresson; June 21st, 2010 at 09:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Four troops is never a bad idea past 1500 points, the reason your troops may be dying quickly though is because you may not be posing enough of a threat with your support units. As said above, advance your Defilers every turn, the closer they get, the more your opponent realises they can't be left alone. With your Berzerkers, drop the Power Weapon and Meltabombs and give the Champ a Powerfist, this adds better tank hunting and a better chance of escaping CC with a Monstrous Creature.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I won't be using the Khorne for tank hunting, since I have the nurgles I don't see a reason to have power fist. If i have to go and kill some tanks i have the meltabombs. 8str+2d6 will most likely crack some tanks maybe even possible to crack Land Raiders

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Thuresson View Post
    Since I won't be using the Khorne for tank hunting, since I have the nurgles I don't see a reason to have power fist. If i have to go and kill some tanks i have the meltabombs. 8str+2d6 will most likely crack some tanks maybe even possible to crack Land Raiders
    Powerfists are a needed item, not always for tank hunting. In combat they clean house, and giving the a monstrous creature the business end of a fist is amazing! Melta bombs are a last resort thing, and even then they arn't that good. Generally, one guy in your squad (the Aspiring Champion) has them which means you get one attack. Most vehicles will be on the move, and in so doing means you hit on a 4+. 2D6 + 8 means you will more likely than not get a penetrating hit, but as Melta Bombs don't have the melta special rule, it's going to be hit or miss whether you blow it or not. Also against Dreadnoughts, good luck; hit on a 6, and with armor 12 you are less likely to get a penetrating hit.

Also I just noticed your Nurgle squads have a Plasma Gun and a Melta Gun. Never mix them, pick one for a squad and stick with it.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Lash Princes, defilers and Plague Marines. That's a great way to lose friends. It's a min/maxed army that really exaggerates everything that is good in our army. Yet it has no flavour. You just take everything that is good and put it together.
    If you only are in the game to win - go for this army. But if you fancy having a great time with friends playing a game that is rewarding for it's massive fluff then you might want to do something else. Because if you play with your friends you will win 3-4 games and then everyone is tired of losing in the same way every time.
    and it's not even losing in a fun wayy. the lash deprives the opponent of tactics. and you have two.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never play the same list more then 2 times. I have over 20 lists on my desktop and i am making new ones every day :p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Power fists are a utility item, they allow you to hurt armor and monstrous creatures. to hurt them on a 2+ instead of 6+. they give you more attacks than a melta bomb, hit easier. they allow any unit to handle any threat instead only having one unit that can deal with things.

Plasma guns are rapid fire, which means if you shoot them you can not charge, mixing them with melta's lowers your versatility.

+ Reply to Thread