Chaos space marine army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos space marine army list

HQ
    [Deamon Prince-[wings/mark of slaanesh/lash of submission]
    155pts

ELITE
    [5 chaos terminators] - [lighting claws/reaper auto-cannon/chainfist]
    200pts
    TROOP
    [8 plague marines]-[plague champion/flamethrower]
    180pts
    [rhino]-[dedicated to plague marines]
    35pts
    [10 chaos space marines]-[lascannon/plama gun]
    180 points
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    [Defiler]-[2 close combat arms]
    150pts
    SUMMONED DEAMONS
    [Greater Deamon(great unclean one)]
    100pts
    =1000

just for fluffs sake the plague marines flamethrower is a bile spwer

Last edited by doom of the eldar; July 3rd, 2010 at 11:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be moved to the army lists section.

Your terms need work, too much variety. If they're cracking vehicles, give them all combi-meltas. If they're after troops, you could get away with lightning claws. As a general rule of thumb, you don't want such a diverse loadout; having them too diverse makes them good at nothing, as opposed to good at everything. Take 2 squads of 3.

On your plague marines, you want plasma guns. Possibly a melta. Flamethrowers, not so much. Take meltas on your regular space marines. Drop the greater daemon, as they're slow and unreliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Post army lists in the army list section. You'll find more readers there.

As for the army:
    1. Remove the reaper autocannon or the claws. Is the unit dedicated to shooting or assault, you can't do both. actually you can, but the autocannon is very expensive so the flamethrower is a cheaper option if you are dead set on getting into assault range.
    2. Give the Plague Marines 2 flamethrowers instead of just 1. You can, so why wouldnt you. Flamers are great for killing troops in terrain. I've lost many terminators to pesky Imperial Guards with flamers. great fluff by the way (bile spewer). very graphic. also, if you're not giving the champion a power fist or sword I would ditch him. That 1 extra attack is too expensive. get a rhino for these bad boys so they can close the distance fast and get to grips with the enemy fast or go sit on that objective far away.
    3. Our basic marines are very good in both combat and in the shooting phase, but you only have 2 squads of troops, so you better be carefull not to waste them. Therefore I would give the marines something that you can fire on the way towards CC, some medium ranged weapon - 2 melta guns are perfect. a champion with power fist is the icing on the cake.
    4. You are almost purely nurgle, why not get a daemon prince of nurgle instead of that one you got. Nurglitch princes are rock hard. It will look better.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*punted to the army-list section*

Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your DP is good as is.

Your Termies, I would clean that up a bit. Your too varied for load out. I guess the question here is what do you want to do with them. If you really like the LCs, I'd drop 1 or 2 and make them Champs with Claws. Or just go all combi-melta/combi-plasmas.

For the Plague Marines, I'd pick up the dual Plasmas. the Champ is a waste unless your using him for the GD summoning. And if that is the case, I'd use the regular CSM champ as overall, he's cheaper; and lets face it, why pop a great FnP figure when an even cheaper one w/o a cool ability will do. If you keep the Plague Champ, Fist him.

I would Rhino the Plague Marines over the CSMs... or just pick up another Rhino. Mobility is key. Also, pick up a Champ. Fist him too. (unless you really want that Greater Daemon) I would stick to the 2 special weapons here, Meltas for popping Armour, Flamers for hitting Hordes. It's one of their strong points. Unless you just really NEED that Lascannon.

The Defiler is great. I love that combat monster.

The Greater Daemon, I would lose. So much better ways to spend 100 pts. If you don't need 'em for any other options posted, you could always pick up a Predator with Hvy Bolters for those 100 pts.

Course, at 1000 pts you could always throw them for a loop and Drop a Land Raider in. It's expensive but, most won't be able to deal with AV 14 at that point level.

When using plasma, always, always double tap. (I rake in more kills from double tapping my plasma guns that my oft times SM opponent because he never does.)
    Last edited by Cerrik; July 3rd, 2010 at 04:39. Reason: Additional advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plague marines are in the rhino its to get them across the board for the deamon

also could u show me what u mean by edditing the list i dont know what ur going on about

also plague champ will before gu0 cause i like that fluff also there stronger so wont get killed as easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by doom of the eldar View Post
    plague marines are in the rhino its to get them across the board for the deamon

also could u show me what u mean by edditing the list i dont know what ur going on about

also plague champ will before gu0 cause i like that fluff also there stronger so wont get killed as easy
    Sorry bout that, misread and thought you were dropping the CSMs in the Rhino.

I edited my original post to drop in the stuff bout double tapping the Plasma guns.

I get that you want the Pchamp in for fluff. I'm all for using a PChamp because he's though as hell. I feel he's way too expensive to pop for a GD, IMHO. However, if that's the way you want to roll, then he's set up naked for it already; go for it. I'd just prefer to drop only 30pts to the Daemon as opposed to the what, 39? (Don't have codex with me and don't use Plaguers enough to memorize the cost)

As a bit of an aside, I would suggest going for more troops as 2/3 of the games that are typically played will be needing scoreing troops. Yes, the Plague marines are nice and tough. They can hunt the enemy, they can hold objective but, they can't do it all for you. Not with just one unit. It would be a great idea to trim your list in areas to pick up 2 units of Plague marines in rhinos for real punch. Thus giving you 3 scoring units, 2 of which hit real hard and take lots of punishment.

Much like this:
    DP, Wings, MOS, LOS 155
    8 Plaguers, Champ, Fist, 2 Plasma, Rhino 265
    8 Plaguers, Champ, Fist, 2 Plasma, Rhino 265
    10 CSM, Champ, 2 Melta, Rhino 220
    Total- 905

Leaving you 95 pts to play with... You can of course work around the special weapons to work in that Greater Daemon for the naked champ, or you can use them to boost other things. Up the CSM Champ, add IoCG or Nurgle. Give the Rhinos pintle weapons so they can be of use once disgorged of infantry and the like. Just another side to the coin you've already shown us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im mostly gonna be fighting necrons and sm and i dont see anything on ur eddited version that can take out termies which is what the guo was for i dont want to risk the deamon prince cause he's gonna really annoy me opponent with the lash also strong possibilitty of a nightbringer for the necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

termies are massacred wholesale by plasma weapons. they're forced to take their invulnerable save when hit with an AP2 weapon, such as a plasma gun. Also, if you want, your defiler+Greater Daemon's points, when both removed, allow for a full cult of oblits, or you can drop another 50 points to get 2 squads of 2. They will wreck shop. When I use 2 squads of oblits, I can regularly sink over 20 plasma wounds on a term squad. And since they're on 5+, very little survives the barrages.