<1000 1000 Point Chaos Friendly List (First time in 4 years) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Chaos Friendly List (First time in 4 years)

So, I stopped playing Chaos when I was about 10, and decided that 4 years later it might be time to give the poorly painted bunch a go again, but I forgot almost all the strengths and weaknesses of them, hopefully you guys can help me out a bunch, I've been playing way too much Tau and Necrons recently, so a more up-close and personal approach was intended here.

HQ –
    Daemon Prince of Nurgle
    Wings
    Wind of Chaos
    180 Points

Troops-
    2x10 Chaos Space Marines, with Champion
    Mark of Chaos Glory
    350 Points
    (The points is for two identical units)

8 Khorne Berserkers
    168 Points

Heavy Support-
    5 Havocs

Lascannon, Flamer, Plasma Gun, Autocannon

150 Points

Defiler
    150 Points

Total - 998

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated, thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throw the havoc squad and the icons from your space marines (you do not have anything to Deep Strike, you do need the icons). What is more, get rid of the mark of nurgle from the Daemon Prince (you'll need these points elsewhere). Full the csm with meltas and add power fists to the champions. Then, add a power fist to the berzerker champion. With the remaining 75 points, add an obliterator.
    Finally, the defiler works best with 1 extra close combat weapon. I'd like it instead of the reaper autocannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the changes you've suggested, I have 62 points left, because of the Khorne Berzerker Champion that I added in, unless I lose a Powerfist or change one of them to a Power Weapon, I can't get the Obliterator in, any suggestions? Perhaps I should lose the Wings? I'm not sure as to their purpose, I assumed they enabled increased movement, if otherwise then I'll lose them, Wind of Chaos is plenty damaging enough to buy me time to footslog.
    Last edited by Bensta173; July 4th, 2010 at 16:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly, if you're going to drop anything, lose the power. Lash princes w/ wings are sick (Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission) is 155 points, or wings/warptime also for 155 points. There is no question that melee is where the princes belong. Don't take ranged abilities, rather make them even more deadly hand-to-hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated the list to suit the changes, and thanks to both of you, hopefully I'll get even more posters, but right now, I have the following (Power Weapon on 2nd Marine Squad for the sake of it taking up some points)

HQ –
    Daemon Prince
    Wings
    Warp Time
    155 Points

Was debating a Mark of Khorne here for that extra attack, with Warptime on, that's pretty nasty, thoughts?

Troops-
    2x10 Chaos Space Marines, with Champion (Inclusive)
    2 Meltaguns per squad
    Champion gets Powerfist (One squad only)
    Champion gets Powerweapon (One squad only)
    410 Points

8 Khorne Berserkers, with Champion (Inclusive)
    Champion gets Powerfist
    208 Points

Heavy Support-
    Obliterator
    75 Points

Defiler, with extra Close Combat Arm (Over Reaper Autocannon and Flamer)
    150 Points

Total - 998

So there we go, takes a little bit from both, I'm a big fan of the Powerfists though, my Khorne Berserkers did some serious damage to a Necron Lord a few hours ago with that Skull Champion and his nasty 4 Assault attacks with it. Keep posting, I really want this list to be good, it's for friendly games, but it would be nice for it to have a competitive edge.
    Last edited by Bensta173; July 4th, 2010 at 21:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im personaly a big fan of plague marines there realy hard to kill and bezerkers footslogging doesnt realy work plague marines have a much better chance of getting there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like Plague Marines, and their survivability is good, but Khorne Berzerkers are so much more appealing, they're cheaper for one, and then there's furious charge, where they really come into their own, that unit of 8, on the assault, gets 28 Str 5, WS5 attacks, and I5, then FOUR WS5 Powerfirst attacks, that's a whole lotta hurt, and who's to say I'll footslog them. Khorne Berzerkers make fantastic objective holders. I was considering Plagues, but Khorne Berzerkers are easier for me also as I already have the models, if they come up a lot then I might consider it.
    Last edited by Bensta173; July 4th, 2010 at 21:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mistake, 28 attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll start with, since you want friendly, go with what you want to use. But since you did ask for help... >

If you take the MoK, you can't have Psyker powers, as Khorne hates Psykers.
    Your CSMs are looking good but I would put Fists onto both squads, not just the one. Add Rhinos for all important mobility.
    Zerkers... are beautiful. Add Rhino, this is definatly more important than for your CSMs, Zerkers only get shot up if footslogging.
    Don't use Oblits, so can't help there although, I hear they work wonders. I'm looking into them myself for my army.
    Defiler, defiantly 2 DCCWs to replace the RAC and Flamer, good call.

Good looking list, just a few things to look out at. Mainly to get your troops mounted for mobility. Also, you can swap out special weapons on your CSMs to deal with certain opponents. Flamers for hordes, Meltas for Armour, and Plasma for power armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

You definately want Rhinos for all of your troop choices here, the added protection and mobility for only 35 pts is a steal. As for the Defiler, I'm a big fan of only replacing the Heavy Flamer with a CC weapon and keeping the autocannon, it helps a ton if the Battlecannon gets blown off and it gets immobilized as they can't just ignore it until they deal with the autocannon.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast