<2000 2000 Pure Slaanesh, all infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Pure Slaanesh, all infantry

This is an idea I'm playing with at the moment, would love some opinions.

HQ

Lucius the Eternal

Daemon Prince - Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission

ELITE

6 Chosen - 2 Meltaguns, Icon of Slaanesh

6 Chosen - 2 Meltaguns, Icon of Slaanesh

TROOPS

12 Chaos Marines - 2 Flamers, Icon of Slaanesh

8 Noise Marines - 3 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster

8 Noise Marines - 3 Sonic Blasters, 1 Blastmaster

14 Lesser Daemons

14 Lesser Daemons

FAST ATTACK

5 Bikers - 2 Meltaguns, Icon of Slaanesh

HEAVY SUPPORT

6 Havocs - 2 Lascannons, Icon of Slaanesh

This rounds out to a nice perfect 2000 points. I will be using the new plastic Daemon Prince to make a Slaanesh DP and will obviously be using Daemonette models for the LDs. I am also considering using the new Seekers of Slaanesh models to represent my Bikers, so it will be a completely themed army.

The Chosen will either infiltrate or outflank, depending on the opponent and how the opponent sets up. Could even have one squad doing each. Obviously their main priority is tank hunting, as I dont have much anti-vehicle without them. The Bikers are also intended as fast moving tank hunters, but also as a beacon for getting my LDs summoned as close to the enemy lines as possible, if I wish to do so.

The Noise Marines are intended as a static gunline type of thing, with their large shot output, but if the enemy gets too close they can also hold their own in combat.

Lucius will join the Chaos Marines and together they will either run towards the enemy line or sit back and wait for the enemy to come to them, depending on who I am playing against. The Daemon Prince will play support to the rest of the army, using Lash to bring things closer and his wings to get him to where he needs to be. His wings also provide a deterrant to enemy units trying to get close to my army, as he is powerful in close combat and has a massive charge range. Havocs are pretty self-explanatory really.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Odd lack of comments. I'm not a Slaanesh guy, but I'll throw in my two cents.

A lack of tanks might make playing this list tricky, but I think you've got a few things going for you to add tactical options.

Your Chosen are obviously providing forward fire. They'll likely be the first target for your opponent (if you infiltrate, which you should). I'd prefer to see Plas on them, though. I'm not sure they'd catch a tank to make the melta worth it. Plasma cross fire might intimidate some opponents, so you could use them to funnel troops around.

Your DP will also catch a lot of fire. With him so integral to the overall plan (he's gotta work hard to move things into your range), you'd be better off with two (dropping Lucious).

I like the troops choices for the most part. The L. Daemons will give you a nice threat range (even if unpredictable) when your opponent is trying to stay out of charge range. The CSM might be better with something longer ranged - with a second DP, maybe not.

The bikes will end up tank hunting near your DP, and the havocs are okay if they'll have some nice cover.

Keep in mind, not every enemy will approach you, though. You'll have to make sure that happens in certain games (mech IG/SM, Eldar, etc.).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I played an all-infantry Emperor's Children force back in the day...but I've switched to semi-mechanized since 5th edition. An entirely footslogging list is going to be at a bit of a disadvantage in this edition, but I think it's workable.

Lascannons on havocs cost an arm and a leg and your little brother's body, and can't even move at it. I'd exchange that for a couple of obliterators. They make or break shooty chaos lists.

You have a lot of anti-infantry, with the lesser daemons and sonic marines - I'd give the big squad meltas instead of flamers. Flamers aren't so great on foot squads anyway (and lucius has the ap3 doom siren of DOOM anywho)

Speaking of which, there's no real way around it - Lucius is bad. So unless you want him for fluff / aesthetic reasons, something else for the points is better.

Maybe give the biker squad a champ with a powerfist if you can. This'll give them a little extra against vehicles (close combat attacks always hit the rear armor!), and should they get charged or want to charge they'll hit hard enough to win combat (don't be afraid to take powerfists even with mark of slaanesh).

The chosen, again, are going to be at a disadvantage without rhinos. They're not going to get close enough to get their meltaguns in melty range if they infiltrate, or by outflanking on foot (unless the other guy's brain malfunctions and he puts his vehicles within a foot of the table edge, and you roll the right side). I'd personally go for deep-striking terminators with combi-meltas for what you're thinking about...you have a much higher chance of doing something.
    HDZ

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by H3ytony View Post
    Speaking of which, there's no real way around it - Lucius is bad. So unless you want him for fluff / aesthetic reasons, something else for the points is better.
    False?!?!

He is the best Special Character after Kharn. He is cost effective (He is slightly overpriced by 10 points or so, but still not bad), very good in combat, and has some cool special rules that help him in combat. I personally love Lucias, but sadly mine doesn't see much play time.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Guard View Post
    False?!?!

He is the best Special Character after Kharn. He is cost effective (He is slightly overpriced by 10 points or so, but still not bad), very good in combat, and has some cool special rules that help him in combat. I personally love Lucias, but sadly mine doesn't see much play time.
    I disagree. A terminator lord with MoS and a daemon weapon is more durable and kills more for less points.

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightbringer View Post
    I disagree. A terminator lord with MoS and a daemon weapon is more durable and kills more for less points.
    10 points cheaper isnt really that big of a deal. Also you don't get any of the cool rules, or the Doom Siren, or the Lash of Torment.

Also, I don't really see where this came from as I was comparing the Special Characters. Not a Lord to Lucias.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody says you are required to take a special character. It is certainly relevant to compare a stock HQ, because taking a character incurs an opportunity cost of X points and an HQ slot, which could have been spent on a different unit (character or otherwise).

Doom siren good, but you can get a doom siren elsewhere easily...especially in a pure slaanesh army. Same with the icon.

A couple S4 attacks for his points cost...bleh. Maybe a couple more with armour of shrieking souls...if you're really lucky (don't count on it). That is, a couple over the course of the entire game. And he's stuck on foot, so a rhino or land raider is pretty much mandatory.

Not saying he can't do anything, and I do think the model is cool (believe me, I'd field him if he were good), but I'd rather have something else for the points. Good special characters would be Abaddon (although with his cost he's a points sink, but at least he hits appropriately hard), or Kharn.
    HDZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing you need to consider: Lucius is not able to harm vehicles. Lash princes on the other hand, especially with the mark and lash, are downright nasty. Monstrous Creature means you get +2D6 penetration on hits, meaning it can often wreck dreads and light-medium armor; it has a little trouble with heavies, but who cares? there are other methods to deal with heavy. I have never failed to get points back on princes; there's a reason they're the most popular choice. They're the best.

K3U
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would change the 2 lascannon havocs to 3 missle launchers... not sure if it would fit but lascannons are too overpriced

+ Reply to Thread