<1000 1k demon army tzeench/khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k demon army tzeench/khorne

Well after I finished my 1500 point eldar army I decided I wanted a unique cc army that didn't rely on mech to get into close combat. I put together this list but I am still puzzled at what else I can do in order to improve my transport popping shooting.

Hq
    Herald of Tzeench w/ chariot, master of sorcery, icon, bolt of change

Elites

Flamers (4)

Bloodcrushers(3)

Fast attack
    Seekers (5)
    Screamers (3)

Troops
    Bloodletters ( 10 )
    Bloodletters ( 10 )

Heavy support

Soul grinder w/ phlem

I have a few decisions to make

1. Would a demon prince w/ mot and bolt of change be better than 4 flamers? Or maybe I could get a unit of 8 horrors w/ doombolt and changeling.

2 I read that screamers simply aren't worth it at all. Maybe I could drop the screamers and buff the seekers?

Any thoughts on the army? I really am enthusiastic about the army but I want to build a list that will win games for me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

seekers and screamers CAN work but not in those numbers, one round of rapid fire and theyre gone... i'd drop both of them, i'd drop the soul grinder as well, one vehicle in an army doesnt survive, guess where your opponent first melta shot goes, and then what?

next i'd get a unit of 6-7 plague bearers as a holding unit with maybe your icen instead of on your chariot, i allways run chariots with: legion, MoS and bolt, very nasty...

so with your free point i'd aim for a troop unit more, either small unit horrors (with changeling) or plaguebearers and some fast slayer unit, like a bloodthirster, nurgle prince with wings or fiends...

as a general rule, remember your opponent will often be mechanized and if he's smart he'll move away from you so you need anti tank (Tzeralds and princes with MoT) and fast killing units (bloodthirsters, fiends, more princes) and tarpit that win the game for you (plaguebearers) my two cents, but then again that aint a dual god list anymore, so dont know if youre interested...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You bring up many good points. I do have more questions however

1. At what numbers do units like screamers and seekers work?

2. If I can use soul grinders in pairs would they be a more viable option? Or would princes/greater demons be more worth the points?

3. I was thinking about trading the fast attack units and grinder for a changer of ways or bloodthirster. Would either unit work for a small game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

screamers need to be above 6 to survive/have enough dice. Still, i tried a couple of times, ended up using my screamers for Tzeralds on chariot... Seekers needs to be at least 10, but then id rather have 6 fiends for 10 pts more. Fiends are devastating af this point lvl...

soul grinders must go in pairs, in games of 1500+ pts i'd even say they have to go in threes...

A bloodthirster is pretty expensive at that point lvl but he is devastating, so consider it, it rather have alot of fiends though. I would rather take Tzerald on chariots than the lord of change...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well after your suggestions I decided on indifferent multigod list.

Hq
    Bloodthirster w blessing of
    The blood god- if he doesn't work out I'll swap him out for equal points in fiends. I'll use him in higher point games anyway.

2x heralds w/master of sorcery we are legion and bolt of change

Elites

3x flamers

Troops

Bloodletters x8
    Bloodletters x8

Plaguebearers x6 w/icon
    Plaguebearers x6

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

okay at 1000 points your HQ needs to be a single herald. I have a general rule of thumb, for ever 500 points you have 1 troop choice that is sturdy. But for daemons i do that rule then add 1. Because they have no transports. And our best one (IMO) blood letters, is a sheer waste to be camping.

So here is my 1000 point list: Do with it what you want.

Herald of Tzeentch w/ Bolt, MoS, and Legion

4x Blood Crushers w/ Fury, Icon, and Instrument
    3x Flamers of Tzeentch

9x Blood Letters
    9x Blood Letters
    9x Pink Horrors w/ Bolt and Changeling (insert herald here)

Daemon Prince with MoT and Bolt
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    okay at 1000 points your HQ needs to be a single herald. I have a general rule of thumb, for ever 500 points you have 1 troop choice that is sturdy. But for daemons i do that rule then add 1. Because they have no transports. And our best one (IMO) blood letters, is a sheer waste to be camping.

So here is my 1000 point list: Do with it what you want.

Herald of Tzeentch w/ Bolt, MoS, and Legion

4x Blood Crushers w/ Fury, Icon, and Instrument
    3x Flamers of Tzeentch

9x Blood Letters
    9x Blood Letters
    9x Pink Horrors w/ Bolt and Changeling (insert herald here)

Daemon Prince with MoT and Bolt
    What would you add to this list to expand it to 1500 and still keep the same theme?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Chariot up the herald.
    Duplicate the herald.
    Add Crusher squad.
    Add Blood Letter squad.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

+ Reply to Thread