<2000 (hopefully) competitive 1750 World Eaters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(hopefully) competitive 1750 World Eaters

HQ

Abbadon the despoiler (my converted lord), hitches a ride with the berzerkers

Troops

8 khorne berzerkers, champ with sword, 198 (lord goes here with the raider)

8 khorne berzerkers, champ with fist, rhino- 243

8 khorne berzerkers, champ with fist, rhino- 243

8 noise marines (modeling them as khorne havoks), 6 with blasters, and 1 with a blastmaster, champ with a doom siren- 260

Heavy Support

Vindicator, d.p.- 145

Vindicator, d.p.- 145

Land Raider, d.p.- 240

Total- 1749

My plan is to take the land raider and vindicators and charge straight at the enemy while the 2 rhinos with berzerkers flank the enemy (hard to ignore abaddon and 8 berzerkers on the charge out of an assault vehicle), the noise marines will stay near any home objective and take a good firing position. They are very powerful when assaulted with their 2 attacks and I5 and a doom siren to discourage hordes that survived the barrage of shots so i am not worried about protecting them.

Criticism is greatly appreciated, as i am not a veteran player i am glad to heed the advice of one

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Abby, as powerful as he is, costs too much for games under 2000 points, I'd replace him with a Daemon Prince with wings and Mark of Khorne (if staying fluffy) or a Daemon Prince with wings and Warptime. I'm also not a fan of Vindicators, preferring Defilers as they have better range and can participate in CC.

In my opinion, home objective squatters in any marine army is a waste of points as Marines are far too expensive to just have sit around all game, it's not like swarm armies where a billion Gaunts only costs 50 points (a bit of an exageration I know). For these guys, I'd either swap them with another Powerfist led Berzerker squad in a Rhino, or use Noise Marines with no Sonic Blasters or Blastmaster and give the Champ a Power Weapon, or 10 basic CSM with champ and fist, 2 meltas and a Rhino.

As a reference point, the 1700 point World Eaters army I used to take first place in a local tourny last month was:
    Daemon Prince with wings and MoK
    Chaos Lord with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon
    3 squads of 8 Berzerkers, champ with powerfist and 2 Rhinos
    Land Raider for lord and 1 squad of berzerkers
    2 Defilers
    2 Dreads with Missile Launcher and Heavy Flamer
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

+ Reply to Thread