<1000 1k undivided daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

1k undivided daemons

Daemons is an army I would like to start after I finish my space wolves up.

This is sort of what I am aiming for as a starting daemons list I think.

Herald of Tzeentch-
    Master of Sorcery
    We Are Legion
    Bolt of Tzeentch
    Chariot

4 Flamers
    4 Flamers

5 Fiends

5 Plaguebearers
    5 Plaguebearers

10 Bloodletters

Daemon Prince-
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Bolt of Tzeentch

I have 10 points left and no idea what to use them on.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you just want to leave your list unchanged but spend the extra 10 points, give one of the Fiends the strength upgrade. With rending it increase the number of vehicles the unit can threaten.

Otherwise I'd rethink the Flamers. With 4 you can't use all the template weapons on the initial drop, so at the very least, drop the units down to 3, that gives you the flexibility to use them as suicide units without wasting any points on models that will die without even getting a shot in. That will give you enough points for another Fiend and some more troops (Plaguebearers work best at 6-7/unit and Bloodletters at 12-14/unit, so you're not going to be able to optimise your units, but you'll be closer). Personally I'd be really tempted to drop the Flamers and replace them with a second unit of 6 Fiends with the strength upgrade. Two units of 6 Fiends each with the strength upgrade are fantastic at 1000 points. And if you're worried about the cost of 12 metal models just convert them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Well I was under the impression that daemon troops were really just used for holding objectives. I was considering dropping all the flamers down to one unit of 3 and getting another unit of fiends or a daemon prince with the extra points.

Let me know if that would work or if you think I need the extra troops more.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

No troops are good in demons. you need more. flamers only come in groups of 3. dont get more. you generally only need 1 group as well. I might get rid of the plague bearers and take horrors instead for another bolt and changeling. With 10 pts give 1 of the fiends unholy might
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal View Post
    Otherwise I'd rethink the Flamers. With 4 you can't use all the template weapons on the initial drop, so at the very least, drop the units down to 3, that gives you the flexibility to use them as suicide units without wasting any points on models that will die without even getting a shot in.
    I'm not going to say much about the list. I don't feel I have enough time playing daemons to provide valuable reliable advise. Just wanted to say though that you can get more than 3 templates out without much trouble. Be a bit imaginative with how you deep strike stuff.

+ Reply to Thread