<2000 1500pt Aggressive Mechanised (first list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Aggressive Mechanised (first list)

Here goes for my first list:

HQ: (175)
    Daemon Prince
    Mark of Nurgle
    Warptime
    Wings

Troops (753)

Terror Squad: (243)
    Khorne Berzerkers x8
    Skull Champ
    Powerfist
    Rhino

Fear Squad: (255)
    Chaos Marines x8
    IoCG
    2 Melta Guns
    Champ w/ Power Fist
    Rhino

Insanity Squad: (255)
    Chaos Marines x8
    IoCG
    2 Melta Guns
    Champ w/ Power Fist
    Rhino

Heavy Support (445)

Vindicator x3

Daemons (130 )

Lesser Daemons x10

Grand Total (1503)

This all comes to just (!) over 1500 points. The tactic will be to run hell for leather to the centre with my 3 Rhinos and 3 Tanks. Thats why there's no Oblits as I want complete target saturation. I've also considered dakka predators though, 3 of them would do the same job. They will have to choose which of my targets to go for and anything they don't kill is very powerful and rushing towards them or setting up shop in the centre. Also I haven't used any extra armour/possesion/bonus weapons to keep them cheep.

The daemons are there to provide backup to a squad in need whenever they strike in. Or simply to land on my home objective/on a squishy infantry squad. I think an alternative is to spend 100ish points on a 3 man melta terminator squad instead, what do you think? Extra cheep troops seem a good idea and if they get into melee they can easily tie up a big squad of enemies.

The prince I'd rather have is a Tzeentch prince with Wind of Chaos and Warptime but I can't really spare the points. And I think the Berzerkers could use an Icon but I'm not sure which, and again, short on points.

Let me know where to improve.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On your CSM squads, the troop choices, you have to have full squads of 10 to take a second special weapon.

Berzerkers can only take one type of icon, a personal icon. It's basically a teleporter homer.

Drop the lesser daemons. Instead, get yourself some Predators instead of vindicators. The simple reason is that kitted, predators have double the range, which you will find is nice because that way you don't have to drive up to spitting distance to do any killing. (I.E., put lascannon sponsons on them and keep the AC).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Also, just FYI, your math is off on the Vindi's, 3 of them are only 375 points, unless you upgraded them and forgot (as at the bottom it says you haven't).

Also, I second the idea of completely replacing the vindis. However, it is my personal bias to run Defilers with extra CCWs in tandem with oblits.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The marine squads were supposed to say they had 10 in, I'll fix that.
    What's wrong with Vindicators? They look like they've got the strongest gun in the codex... I guess the range isn't so good but if they're in the middle the other army is going to have to come near at some point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the problem with vindicators is that while the gun is amazing, you have to pretty much be on top of the enemy to be in range. a vindi's armor is not conducive to rolling right up on somebody. As opposed to a predator, which costs 5 extra points with Las sponsons, has a range of 48". Granted, you don't get a pro-pipe like the vindicator, but I've found that it's much more versatile to take Preds.

+ Reply to Thread