<3000 2500pts for local store's throne of skulls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

2500pts for local store's throne of skulls

hello everyone!

i kinda had no real intention of starting a daemon army at one point, but the the kairos model came out and i figured i had to give it a go converting it, so here i am, begining a new daemon army!
    i knocked together a list that i intend to use in my local store's throne of skulls tourny, and i'm hoping you guys can give me some added advice/comments on it... i've tried to theme it to be fairly tzeentch heavy, as i intend it to eventuall sit alongside my heresy-era thousand sons!

The Destroyer of Destinies; Tzap’hak’Naah, Watcher of Infinity. Daemon Prince w/Mark of Tzeentch, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, Boon of Mutation, Soul Devourer, Master of Sorcery, Unholy Might.
    Cost; 290 pts

HQ: The Emissaries of Change; Tzaal’phaaros’Ka the Ageless, Herald of Tzeentch w/Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, We are Legion, Master of Sorcery, Burning Chariot.
    Cost; 110 pts
    Est’hark the Reborn, Herald of Tzeentch w/Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, Chaos Icon, Disc of Tzeentch.
    Cost; 120 pts

HQ: The Twins of Death; Kharron Soulstealer, Herald of Khorne w/Hellblade, Fury of Khorne, Unholy Might, Chaos Icon, Chariot of Khorne.
    Cost; 135 pts
    Duhemutaf Fiendfyre, Herald of Khorne w/Hellblade, Death Strike, Unholy Might, Juggernaut of Khorne.
    Cost; 135 pts

Elites: The Doombringers; 4x Bloodcrushers of Khorne w/Hellblade, Iron Hide.
    Cost; 160 pts

Elites: The Deathdealers; 1x Bloodcrusher w/Chaos Icon.
    1x Bloodcrusher w/Instrument of Chaos.
    3x Bloodcrushers w/Hellblade, Ironhide.
    Cost; 230 pts

Elites: The Scorpion’s Chosen; 6x Fiends of Slaanesh w/Rending claws, Soporific Musk.
    Cost; 180 pts

Troops: The Cackling Ones; The Changeling.
    1x Pink Horror w/Warpfire, Chaos Icon.
    11x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch w/Warpfire.
    Cost; 234 pts

Troops: The Insane Host; 1x Pink Horror w/Warpfire, Chaos Icon.
    Cost; 229 pts

Troops: The Infernal Host; 9x Pink Horrors w/Warpfire.
    Cost; 153 pts

Troops: The Lightbringers; 9x Pink Horrors w/Warpfire.
    Cost; 153 pts

Fast Attack: The Hounds of Vengeance; Kharanak the Hound of Vengeance w/Fury of Khorne, Blessing of the Blood God.
    7x Flesh Hounds of Khorne w/Blessing of the Blood God.
    Cost; 155 pts

Heavy Support: Lost Hope; Haar’akty Spirit Swallower, Daemon Prince w/Mark of Tzeentch, Ironhide, Boon of Mutation, Bolt of Tzeentch, Soul Devourer.
    Cost; 210 pts

i know i kinda over-tooled the 2 daemon princes, but i really couldn't decide on what else to add... i definately want to avoid anything nurgle though! but other suggestions are much welcome!

cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

You've definitely overtooled the Daemon Princes. I'd definitely drop boon, master of sorcery, and unholy might off both, although I'd give both ironhide at this point level.

Instead, what you really need is a 3rd daemon prince, even if he's just one with a mark of Tzeentch and bolt for an amazingly cheap 140 points.

Heralds of Khorne are definitely not worth it (besides Skulltaker if you face a lot of nids and/or Ork nobz). Just use them as bloodcrushers, if anything. The heralds of Tzeentch look good, although they should both be on chariots. Disks aren't really worth it.

You only need one icon in each wave. Anything more is overkill.

It comes down to personal taste, but I prefer just having one large unit of pink horrors (with the Changeling), and I fill out the rest of the troop slots with small units of 5-6 pink horrors, each with bolt.

Finally, you don't really need Karnak. The hounds will do well enough with him. Instead, the points are better spent on more hounds.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Your HQ is illegal. You have 3 HQ choices (1 Lord and 4 heralds). Get rid of the 2 khorne heralds. You need Bolt of Tzeentch in each of your horror squads and all your really need are squads of 5 horrors w/bolt (and the changeling in 1). Then get some plaguebearers with the change. Also, I only see 1 daemon prince in your list.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Your HQ is illegal. You have 3 HQ choices (1 Lord and 4 heralds). Get rid of the 2 khorne heralds. You need Bolt of Tzeentch in each of your horror squads and all your really need are squads of 5 horrors w/bolt (and the changeling in 1). Then get some plaguebearers with the change. Also, I only see 1 daemon prince in your list.
    Thats because his "lord" is his other Daemon Prince (which he put at the top of his list instead of with the other DP at the bottom for some reason)

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

well, here's my second go... thanks for the advice so far guys! i've split up the two 9-strong horror squad into 3 smaller squad w/bolt for taking care of any vehicles. i also dropped some stuff on the two princes so that i could fit the new seeker models into my list! (because i really, really want to build & paint them!)

hopefully this list is a little hittier, and i apologise about the confusion with placing a daemon prince at the head of the list... basically i want him to be the 'general', so he gets the top spot! (and because he's like a mini lord of change since i can't fit it and all my heralds into the same list!>.<)

Heavy Support: The Destroyer of Destinies; Tzap’hak’Naah, The Oracle of Fates. Daemon Prince w/Mark of Tzeentch, Daemonic Flight, Daemonic Gaze, Boon of Mutation, Soul Devourer, Unholy Might, Instrument of Chaos.
    Cost; 250 pts

HQ: The Emissaries of Change; Tzaal’phaaros’Ka the Ageless, Herald of Tzeentch w/Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, We are Legion, Master of Sorcery, Burning Chariot.
    Cost; 110 pts
    Est’hark the Reborn, Herald of Tzeentch w/Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, Chaos Icon, Disc of Tzeentch.
    Cost; 120 pts

HQ: The Twins of Death; Kharron Soulstealer, Herald of Khorne w/Hellblade, Fury of Khorne, Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God, Chariot of Khorne.
    Cost; 115 pts
    Duhemutaf Fiendfyre, Herald of Khorne w/Hellblade, Death Strike, Juggernaut of Khorne.
    Cost; 120 pts

Elites: The Doombringers; 4x Bloodcrushers of Khorne w/Hellblade, Iron Hide.
    Cost; 160 pts

Elites: The Deathdealers; 1x Bloodcrusher w/Instrument of Chaos.
    4x Bloodcrushers w/Hellblade, Ironhide.
    Cost; 205 pts

Elites: The Scorpion’s Chosen; 6x Fiends of Slaanesh w/Rending claws, Soporific Musk.
    Cost; 180 pts

Troops: The Cackling Ones; The Changeling.
    1x Pink Horror w/Warpfire, Chaos Icon.
    Cost; 251 pts

Troops: The Insane Host; 1x Pink Horror w/Warpfire, Chaos Icon.
    12x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch w/Warpfire.
    Cost; 246 pts

Troops: The Infernal Host; 1x Pink Horror w/Bolt of Change.
    5x Pink Horrors w/Warpfire.
    Cost; 112 pts

Troops: The Lightbringers; 1x Pink Horror w/Bolt of Change.
    Cost; 112 pts

Troops: The Changeweavers; 1x Pink Horror w/Bolt of Change.
    Cost; 112 pts

Fast Attack: The Hounds of Vengeance; 8x Flesh Hounds of Khorne w/Blessing of the Blood God.
    Cost; 120 pts

Fast Attack: The Scorpion Riders; 6x Seekers of Slaanesh w/Rending claws, Aura of Acquiescence.
    Cost; 102 pts

Heavy Support: Lost Hope; Haar’akty Spirit Swallower, Daemon Prince w/Mark of Slaanesh, Ironhide, Unholy Might, Daemonic Gaze, Aura of Acquiescence, Soporific Musk.
    Cost; 185 pts

so, is the list any better? any other changes i could make to help polish it off?!
    cheers!

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Whoa...my bad. Just looked at his cost, saw all his abilities and assumed he was a Lord of Change. Lol.

I wouldn't take the heralds of khorne at all, but if you do, give them both juggies so that they can join the bloodcrushers. Chariots are better for the heralds of tzeentch. What's the point of making him jump infantry and then attaching him to a unit of regular infantry?

You're missing Bolt on 2 of your pink horror units.

Make Lost Hope a Tzeentch DP w/wings as well. If you want to keep him slaanesh, then replace soporific musk with pavane.

But if this was my list, I'd:

Replace the expensive DP with Fateweaver.

Drop both khorne heralds and 1 unit of bloodcrushers.

Get 2 winged Tzeentch DP's.

Replace 1 unit of pink horrors with 1 unit of plaguebearers.

Replace the seekers with 2 squads of screamers instead.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread