<1000 Help getting to 1k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help getting to 1k

Hello I've been playing 40k for awhile now and decided to start a new army thats different from my salamanders and decided on Chaos Daemons, of all the gods i like khorne so decided to make and all khorne 1k list. I dont play competitively just for fun with a few friends. I think i'm experienced enough of a player to overcome the difficulty's that come with such a specialized army.

Anyway enough with the background, heres what i have so far.

HQ:
    Herald of Khorne
    Juggernaut
    Unholy Might

Elites:
    Bloodcrushers of Khorne x3

Troops:
    Bloodletters x10
    Chaos Icon
    Bloodletters x10
    Chaos Icon

Fast:
    Flesh Hounds of Khorne x5
    Karanak

Total is 720pts
    Im sure its not the most competitive list out there but i wanted to try most of the Khorne units, i'm trying as much as possible to keep the size of units relative to how many come in a box, as i dont have too much money to put into this army. Also i want to have fun playing it as well.

i was thinking of adding a bullet magnet of some sort like a daemon prince or somthing mostly because i think the model is really cool looking.
    So any suggestions on how i could get up to 1,000pts? I'm open to any suggestions you have. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Hello.

I have been playing a khorne heavy army, consisting of around 80% Khorne.

I would move one of those Icons to the crushers, and then either give one of them the instrument or fury of khorne. Then they will all be differently armed and can abuse wound allocation.

Now I would also give your herald blessing of the blood god. Its fairly handy for a mere 5 points.

I personally suggest getting a 3rd box of blood letters and taking like 3 squads of 8. Then either a prince or soul grinder. between the 2 its more of a personal preference honestly.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

If you expand to 1500 Points, I would get another box of crushers for sure. Then probably another prince or soul grinder, depending on what you are using for 1000 points. Then more blood letters. Any higher than that add a blood thirster for sure. The more crushers, then fill in the rest with blood letters. Hounds arn't really that good. When you start getting them in large units of like 10, they can usually get to the enemy beofre the letters, tie them up, for 2 turns, allowing the letters to come in and finish the job.

Other than that they arnt really good at killing, or living. Just at being fast and having cool models.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Heralds of khorne suck, compare their cost to three more bloodcrushers and you see that +1A, +1W and +1I dont make enough difference for the cost. Take a bloodthirster as it will add speed to the army.

Elites: A unit of 4-6 crushers will do well. Icon and instrument are good upgrades mainly to allocate wounds amongst them.

Troops: one icon on the crushers should be plenty. consider more troops such as 3 units of 8.

Heavy: Take a cheap prince with armour and MoK if you want to contunue the theme.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread