<1000 1000 pts tourny list - all constructive critisism welcomed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts tourny list - all constructive critisism welcomed.

mmk, so the average size game of 40k that i play is 1000 pts. i have a list that i think works quite well, and i would like to hear all the things that i could do to improve this list.

HQ
    Chaos Lord - 150
    - Daemon Weapon
    - Wings

Elites
    4x Chaos Terminators - 135
    - power fist
    - heavy flamer

Troops
    10x Chaos Space Marines - 200
    - Aspiring Champion
    - Power fist
    - Meltagun

10x Chaos Space Marines - 200
    - Aspiring Champion
    - Power fist
    - Meltagun

10x Chaos Space Marines - 190
    - Aspiring Champion
    - Power fist

Heavy Support
    Chaos Vindicator - 125

I know that you guys are going to say that a daemon prince with wings and MoK is better. i have considered putting that in aswell as a meltagun on the other CSM squads.

Help/critisism/advice is welcome.

Cheers guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would drop the tank as you only have one and it will attract all the enemy AT fire. Replace it for an oblit.
    The troops need 2 meltas or 2 plasmas. You are footslogging so you will be running in the early turns. IoCG is needed for morale tests and you could even DS the oblit or termies from them.
    Termies should all take combiplasma and a single PF.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks mad cat.

the pourpose of the termies, was not to be a good unit, but more of a distraction. but i guess that i can change that. would it be better if i just dropped the termies altogether? that way i have enough to get 2 oblits and still deck out the squads with IoCG and extra meltas/plasmas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmm what i find is nasty with 1000 points is this (it works i won a tournament with it)
    somehting along th lines of a winged daemon prince, mark of tzeentch and wind,
    3 terminators in a landraider (2 combi weapons and a pair of claws)
    10 marines, 2 meltas power fist and rhino
    10 marines, 2 meltas, power weapon, rhino (could always remove th termi claws to swap power weapon for fist)

this way not only do you have a nast tank distraction tht few people can deal with in 1K you'll be moving very fast with an efficient and painful distraction in the land raider as well as a tough DP

just realised thats not what i used lol, but that looks better
    Last edited by cypher371; September 30th, 2010 at 15:40.
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ouch.. that army seems quite painful. the only thing that it lacks in my opinion is the amount of units. 3 termies is plenty to take on a small squad of marines, but if they come up against something like orks or tua they dont have the killing power. thats just my opionion. but it still would probably work better than my list atm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against numbers, mmm admittedly th only thing i went up against were nids and th original army had one less rhino and didnt have th terminators but instead had a summoned greater daemon and th DP had warptime, so with all th hard to kill stuff i kinda endured the nids away... but obviously the terminators can't do that as well...unless with combi-flamers...but you'll probably want them more all-round which probably means combi-plas...

but yes i think i was lucky that i only went up against 1/3 swarm armies... i just hope my suggestions help in anyway
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

The 1000 point list I've used to win a couple of smaller tournies was:
    DP with wings and warptime
    2 squads of 10 CSM with champ, power weapon, 2x meltaguns and a Rhino
    1 squad of 3 Oblits
    1 squad of 2 Oblits

Now, I'm not saying to copy my list (but feel free if you'd like) but just giving you an outline. I'd say with your list to yes, change the lord to a DP, give those troops 2x meltas/plasmas and a Rhino. I'm not a big fan of Termies myself but I can see their usefullness and yes, if they stay in your list, go with the combi plasmas and single chainfist idea, they can put out some serious hurt.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

+ Reply to Thread