<2000 1500 Chaos vs Tyranid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Chaos vs Tyranid

Try not to laugh - this is my first time playing chaos Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated (note that for troops, I can do noise marines, chaos marines, or Khorne Bezerkers):

6 Noise Marines - 5 with Sonic Blasters, 1 with Blast Master
    6 Havocs - 4 with Autocannons
    6 Havocs - 4 with Autocannons
    1 Defiler
    2 Daemon Prince - Mark of Slaneesh, Lash of Submission
    1500 points exactly

I took the 2 Daemon Princes with Lash of submission on both to try and knock back some units as they get close, giving me more time to mow them down and/or to push Tyranid units of out close combat so my other squads can shoot them. I'm wondering if the Blast Master's are worth it. The thought was I was able to fire them at 48" and use the blast template to try and womp some stuff early and pin them making them lose a turn. However, at 40 points each (160 total), I'm wondering if it's just better to spend them elsewhere, like another squad of Noise Marines with just Sonic Blasters.

Last edited by Ikky2win; October 10th, 2010 at 07:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

As a nid player, I would not fear to face a list like this at 1500. Nids have two things that make their armies: monstrous creatures, and swarms of little bugs for cannon fodder. (There are some medium-sized gribblies in the middle, but for the most part, they're support units.) Your list has an impressive amount of firepower - however, you have to choose whether to use the noisemarines vs little bugs or MCs. Ditto the defiler. Your havocs will need to focus on MCs, but I fear the ACs won't even kill one per turn since they don't deny most MCs an armour save. At 1500 you could face a lot of MCs (I'd go 4, but 6 is very possible). Lash is always fun, until the nids get a synapse creature into Shadows in the Warp range of your DP, and then it stops.

I would take the blastmasters out of the noisemarines and have them focus on killing the swarms. With those points I'd add some obliterators for lascannon and plasma goodness. A second defiler wouldn't go astray either. Think about warptime on the DP, and add wings - the mobility is very useful. For the havocs, consider missile launchers and las or plas rather than ACs - you won't face light vehicles in a nid list, but you need stuff that puts wounds on MCs with no save for them.

Good hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I've actually modified the list after talking to a few people (may modify it a bit more). Here is the new list:

Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Slaaneesh, Lash of Submission (might change this to Warptime so I can reroll to hit and wounds)
    Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Slaaneesh, Lash of Submission (might change this to Warptime so I can reroll to hit and wounds)
    Summoned Daemon
    5 Chaos Havoc, 3 with Autocannon 1 Missile Launcher
    6 Noise Marines with champion and sonic blasters
    6 Khorne Berzerkers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not use autocannons, because of MC's 3+ save. Change them for missile launchers is my opinion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I reccomend the humble plasmagun. After turn one it is usually in range as the enemy wave advances towards your lines. Single shotting they are almost as good as a ML and will ignore FNP from Catalist. At closer ranges you get to move and fre and rappid fire.

Lash can be used to drag enemy units forewards to get better shooting at them or if you are being overwhelmed send a unit or two back out of charge range then shoot the remaining units who are a threat next turn. Also remember clumping nits for plasma cannon and defilers to shoot at. This is a great method of getting plenty of wounds on a hive tyrant with guard.

Havocs with 4 palsma can be fun but I reccomend temies with combiplasmas. 5 of these can shred a TMC easily then charge lesser nids using bolters and power weapons. Standard marines with 2 plasma and a champ with combiplasma also work and they of course are scoring units. Plague marines too are great with plasma as their FNP helps with overheats and their resillience and blight grenades are great against all gaunts.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I second Mad Cat's call on the plasma gun. Especially in the form of obliterators (Twin Linked goodness!). It is devastating to the MCs. When playing, watch for the spores and stay away from table edges, as a group of outflanking genestealers will end your squad in a single round of CC.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reworked it a bit:

Daemon Prince - Wings, Mark of Slaneesh, Lash of Submission
    Daemon Prince - Wings, Mark of Slaneesh, Warp Time
    6 Noise Marines - All with Sonic Blasters