<1000 1.5k deamon list help please =[ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5k deamon list help please =[

ok so i have been thinking up a list, is this anygood? any help/feedback appreciated

Bloodthirster
    blessing of the blood god
    unholy might 275pts

3 x flamers of tzeentch
    bolt
    135pts
    3 x flamers of tzeebtch
    105pts
    4 x bloodcrushers of khorne
    fury of khorne
    170pts
    10 x bloodletters of khorne
    160pts
    8 x plaguebearers
    icon of chaos
    145pts
    8 x plaguebearers
    120pts
    10 x pink horrors
    changeling 183pts

deamon prince of chaos
    demonic flight
    mark of nurgle
    cloud of flies
    noxious touch
    iron hinde
    unholy might
    205pts total 1498pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Guardian View Post
    ok so i have been thinking up a list, is this anygood? any help/feedback appreciated

Bloodthirster
    blessing of the blood god
    unholy might 275pts
    Decent upgrades for a Bloodthirster, but it's still a lot of points to put into a single model in a 1500 point list. You may be better with Heralds or a GUO at this point level. But this and the Nurgle Prince will certainly get the opponent worried. And it's still a load of fun to put one down on the table, provided you're not playing a very competative game. However 9 times out of 10, you'd be better having 2 Tzeentch Heralds with chariot, bolt, we are legion & master of sorcery plus 55 points to put elsewhere.

3 x flamers of tzeentch
    bolt
    135pts
    3 x flamers of tzeebtch
    105pts
    A unit of 3 Flamers is just a suicide squad, so keep it cheap and don't bother with bolt. Better to put your bolts on Horrors, Tzeentch Heralds and Tzeentch Princes.

4 x bloodcrushers of khorne
    fury of khorne
    170pts
    Also needs an icon and instrument so all the models are unique and you can allocate wounds individually. Four models each with one wound each, put out twice the number of attacks than two dead and two unwounded models. Fiends normally work better in most cases though. But Fiends cost more money for an ugly (compared to Bloodcrushers) model or require a lot of effort converting something else.

10 x bloodletters of khorne
    160pts
    Bloodletters are fragile. You'd be better off with at least 12 of them.

8 x plaguebearers
    icon of chaos
    145pts
    8 x plaguebearers
    120pts
    Plaguebearers last for ages, so 8 is probably overkill. I normally run 5-7 / unit. And I wouldn't bother with the icon since it's expensive and makes you predictable in your deep strikes.

10 x pink horrors
    changeling 183pts
    I'd say it's better to have 2 units of 5, each with a bolt. And the changeling is a must-have for one of the units.

deamon prince of chaos
    demonic flight
    mark of nurgle
    cloud of flies
    noxious touch
    iron hinde
    unholy might
    205pts total 1498pts
    Unholy might is probably overkill since you'll be wounding on 2+ with noxious touch. You've also costed it wrong. It's 215 without unholy might. Breath of Chaos is fun on these if you can spare the points, but it's probably too much in a 1500 point game.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so if i was to take 2 heralds
    and 2 units of 3 flamers ( or would you say one unit of 6?)
    fiends (instead of the crushers)
    2 units of 6/7 plaguebearers
    12 bloodcrushers
    2 units of 5 horror's one with changeling
    what would you suggest instead of the prince as it does seem slightly excesive? but what would i use for high armour vehicles? just curious as to what you would do different. thanks for the imput though

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Drop the upgrades. GUO or Tzeentch chariots are good but the BT and Nurgle prince together give the enemy a choice of targets. If you only had one of the pair it would die to concentrated fire. Use the BT on a flank out of the way of most enemy fire, once it gets stuck in you can gain the protection from shooting by being locked in combats.

Elites: Yes drop bolt and get an icon and instrument on the crushers. Add another crusher too.

Troops: Yes PBs in units of 7 and the icon moves to the crushers. Drop the bloodletters for more horrors. 20 of them can really clear out an area when you arrive.

Heavy: Drop might and consider gaze as it uses his BS5 and kills MEQs nicely. It also gives him something to do on the arrival turn.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 units of 3 Flamers is better than 1 unit of 6 Flamers 95% of the time. More flexible targetting, less change of a deep strike mishap taking out all your models and if you're lucky with deep striking you can use every Flamer template on the turn you arrive rather than just half of them. If you prefer to deep strike conservatively and start off with Warpfire, then 6 Flamers might work, but daemons normally work best (and are more fun) with an aggressive, rather than conservative play style. For friendly games, 6 Flamers can also make a great home for the Blue Scribes.

I find 2 Tzeentch Princes with just Mark & Bolt at 140 points each works great. With 2 Heralds, 2 Horror units and 2 Tzeentch DPs you have 6 strength 8 AP 1 bolts to take out vehicles. You also have Fiends (30 strength 5 and 6 strength 6 attacks on the charge and you should be (re)charging every turn with Soprorific Musk, plus rending will threaten any vehicle) and the 2 DPs (only strength 5, but monstrous creatures so they get an extra D6 for armour penetration) in close combat. You'll still struggle against a 3 Land Raider list, but with the new Dark Eldar codex, I think the meta-game will move away from LR-spam. And there are not that many 1500 point lists with more than 1 Land Raider anyway. At higher points, a greater daemon with unholy might, can rip apart 14 armour with ease. The Bloodthirster is best at this, but the GUO might struggle because it will have problems catching a moving tank. Monoliths are a problem for anything other than a Soul Grinder, but you won't see them very often and it's normally best to just ignore them and take out the troops anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok if i drop the upgrades and then switch out might for gaze on the DP's

whats better? crushers or fiends in your opinions

blood letters out for 2 units of 10 horrors?
    buying stuff tomorrow so any help is great

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I rate Feinds better than crushers because of the increased speed and lower cost. Sadly in cash terms crushers are plastic and a lot cheaper. Both units are decent as long as the unit size is 4-6.

Never take flamers in units of 6. They have such devastating firepower that they will always be at the top of the enmy target list so coming in further out to use a little warpfire just invites destruction. Units of 3 coming in from icons or risking it and deepstriking normally will usually win through.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 Fiends plus unholy might is 190 points. 4 Bloodcrushers plus icon, fury and instrument is 200 points. Against Marines and Marine Equivalents both units will probably do equally well if used properly (though Bloodcrushers are probably easier to use). Against anything else Fiends are much better. If you're also going to use say 2 units of 3 Flamers, the icon on the Bloodcrushers may offer a slight advantage. My three favourite elite choises are: 1) 3x6 Fiends; 2) 2x6 Fiends + 1x4 Bloodcrushers; 3) 1x4 Bloodcrushers + 2x3 Flamers. But Mad Cat is right, provided you're not up to doing conversions, the Bloodcrushers are cheaper in terms of cash and easier to build since Fiends need pinning. Flamers are a lot cheaper than both, but also a pain to build since those tiny arms really ought to be pinned. It's a shame Bloodcrushers come in boxes of 3 not 4 though - two boxes are £65 compared to £81 for 6 Fiends. However two boxes of Daemonettes and Goblin Spider Riders is £66 and will let you convert up to 20 Fiends.

I've had success with gaze and breath on a winged Nurgle prince. Gaze is better at range, breath at closer range. Both would be good, but far too expensive. A Nurgle prince (with Noxious Touch and Cloud Of Flies) is generally better in close combat, so breath probably has more synergy. Even better though, would be a couple of cheap Tzeentch princes, just with bolt. If you go the Nurgle route and buy the metal Nurgle prince (mail order only from GW), the zombie dragon wings work really well on him. You'll need loads of green stuff and decent modelling skills to make the plastic DP look nurgley enough. The plastic DP (or old metal one) can look tzeentchy with just the right colour paint, though I did modify convert mine to use up a spare Lord Of Change head. The metal ones need pinning and a little green stuff, so can be more of a pain to build, but come on smaller bases, so are easier to deep strike.
    Last edited by cannibal; October 27th, 2010 at 13:12.

+ Reply to Thread