<3000 2000 point Fatecrusher (can it work?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point Fatecrusher (can it work?)

I have came up with a decent sounding 2000 point fatecrusher list and need suggestions on whether it will work and/or some changes in order to make it work better. well here it goes...

HQ
    Fateweaver - XX points
    Herald of Khorne; Juggernaut, unholy might - 125 points
    herald of Khorne; Juggernaut, unholy might - 125 points

Elites
    4x Bloodcrushers; icon, instrument, fury of khorne - 200 points

Troops
    5x Plaguebearers - XX points

Heavy Support
    1x Soulgrinder; phlegm - 160 points
    1x Soulgrinder; tongue - 160 points
    1x Soulgrinder; tongue - 160 points

the strategy is the heralds will each join a unit of bloodcrushers, and the bloodcrushers will stay very close to the fateweaver. this way they will be difficult to take out with wound allocation and the oracles ability. two soulgrinders are anti-tank, the other it mainly anti-troop. the plaguebearers are in squads of 5 because personally that is how they have served me best, and are for capturing objectives (after all the only combat they have won was against necrons). overall i think this list could work, but would like c&c to know what could be more effective or if i should just throw this list out all together.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: FW is food and will protect the crushers well. Drop the heralds. They are only slightly better than a crusher and cost 3 times the points. You could upgrade your bloodcrushers to 6 strong for this.

Elites: good.

Troops: In a 2000 point list I think you need a few more. With points from the heralds upgrade them to 4x7 strong at least.

Heavy: Taking 3 is good but immagine the power of 3 daemonprinces with MoT and bolt with rerollable 4+ invulnerable saves. They would also block line of sight to the fateweaver reducing the risk of him taking a wound and having a sulk.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking at the heralds more i agree they are only slightly better and would most definitly benefit from 6 more crushers rather than 2 heralds. And for the troops i also agree that more plaguebearers for this sized game is probably a must.

However, i have never had any real luck at taking out anything besides transports with the MoT DP's. yes they are a pain to kill but with bolt the chances of destroying anything AV 13+ are slim. i know i should worry about survivability of my units but it just seems like its pointless to take something that cant always fulfill its role. however when i get my bloodcrushers built and painted i will have to try the list both ways. because i can see where your coming from.

thanks for the advice!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

If you're going to use Soul Grinders, than don't use Fateweaver. You don't get enough benefit out of Fateweaver unless he's giving re-rolls to invulnerable saves for your whole army.

Daemon Princes with bolt are the best choice for that slot, although Daemon Princes of Nurgle w/wings, breath, cloud of flies, noxious touch (and ironhide if you have the points) are also good.

You really need some more useful troops. Two units of 5-7 plaguebearers is a must for virtually every daemons list, but I wouldn't use more than that. With fateweaver, Pink Horrors, Bloodletters, and Daemonettes will all work well.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

you ONLY take out transports...? well i'd say that's probably one of the most important things for a daemon player to take out, even the playing field or completly change it to your as advantage as you're prepared for not having transport.

@madcat: block line of sight to fateweave? id say that people would almost allways have a line to him somewhere, just slim part of leg/chest/arm/head should be visible to the enemy so for shooting i'd disagree, if youre talking solely for blocking a path in the assault phase then i agree, keep fateweaver out of combat and there the princes will do a marvelous job, but then so would the bloodcrushers...

+ Reply to Thread