<2000 1750 Emperor's Childen, tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

1750 Emperor's Childen, tourny

G'day,

Thought I'd try something different - Lots of Noise Marines. Granted with sonic blaster it doesn't look like a lot, but there's a lot of shots being fired. How's this looks, and any suggestions to get it any better?

HQ - Sorcerer
    Slaanesh, Lash, Meltabombs

T - 10x Noise Marines
    9x Sonic Blasters, 1x Blast Master, Champ with Power Weapon and Doom Siren

T - 10x Noise Marines
    9x Sonic Blasters, 1x Blast Master, Champ with Power Weapon, RHINO

T - 10x Noise Marines
    9x Sonic Blasters, 1x Blast Master, Champ with Power Weapon, RHINO

E - Dreadnaut (Sits near Land Raider)
    TL Autocannon

HS - Predator
    AC/LC

HS - Predator
    AC/LC

HS - Land Raider (Sits near squad with no Rhino)

TOTAL - 1748

The plan is to open up transports and the like with my vehicles (lots of Lascannons and Autocannons), and smash the troops inside with Noise Marines. If they get close, I have I5 Marines that can fight, and a Dread. Good enough?

Last edited by timk1111; November 26th, 2010 at 13:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do blastmasters really worth their points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightbringer View Post
    Do blastmasters really worth their points?
    I thinking with Lash hanging around, yes?

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

I'd say it's worth it, if you have 2 Lash options, but seeing as you only have one, I'd say no.

Personally, I would drop the Land Raider, get 3 Obliterators, and then drop the Blast Masters, the Doom Siren, and the Melta Bombs, and pick up another Lash Sorcerer.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Blastmasters are both heavy and assault weapons, as well as expensive points-wise. You've got them in squads which will be in Rhinos, so unless you use them at the low strength assault setting while in the vehicle they won't be able to be fired if it moves, nor on the turn when the unit disembarks. In other words you lose out on the best part of a blastmaster, which is its high strength, blast marker anti-MEq AP.

If you're going to take them, put them into a unit which is standing as fire support so that you get full value of the extra strength and rate of fire from all the weapons in the unit.

Taking sonic blasters is expensive too and uses up lots of points very quickly. If you dropped some of the SBs and the BMs from your units you would be surprised what else you could suddenly afford.

2 Preds is what I would be fielding too, but I would prefer twin linked lascannons to improve the accuracy. Heavy bolters are shorter ranged than lascannons, but spit out a lot of shots, so having these two hunkered down as pillboxes will give you a lot of firepower.

I think you could find better uses for the cost of the Land Raider. A Daemon Prince with Lash and Wings comes in at 155pts, and with the blastmasters' points added to the remainder you certainly have enough for a Summoned Greater Daemon, or a set of Obliterators. Or you could go for a unit of Slaanesh Termies. They're expensive again but my goodness do they hurt!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like your rhino squads are going to be mobile most of the time, so I'd agree with eiglepulper that you're invariably going to lose out on the best part of the blastmaster, which makes it worth its points. Instead, blastmasters should go on an objective-sitting squad. If you want to do so, drop a champion and rhino, and keep the sonic blasters and blastmaster. They'll be able to camp on an objective and pour out maximum firepower from the sonic weapons, which is how they do best. My preference is to specialize squads.

Sonic blasters are questionably worth it in rhino squads, so you can keep them if you prefer.

AC/LC preds are the best configuration (what you have). Chaos (especially noise marines) has many ways of dealing with infantry, but you need those heavy support slots to be anti-tank. The tri-las ones are great against AV13/14, but come at a steep cost. The vast majority of the vehicles you deal with will be AV11/12 (razorbacks, chimeras, etc), for which the autocannon is economical.

The sorceror would be better off as a daemon prince, of course.
    HDZ

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Don't give Sonic Blasters to Rhino-mounted squads; rapid fire is just as good in nearly all mobile situations. I always got good results running Noise Marines with only Doom Sirens and trying to simply outnumber my enemy. Their initiative buff is surprisingly valuable.

You don't really need the Lash of Submission with Noise Marines, since they are neither focused on close combat nor particularly afraid of it. A Sorceror with Warptime is a surprisingly effective assassin, with high initiative and the choice between activating the force weapon and simply grinding out the wounds. For that matter, the Slaaneshi Daemon Weapon Lord is also a serious butcher of characters, Monstrous Creatures and other elite units. Usually going first with lots of attacks and Instant Death is often a winning package.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread