<2000 2000 pts competitive army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts competitive army

hey fellas, after a looong vacation finally back to work and since there'll be a 2000 pts local tournament, i've made a list and wanted to hear your opinions.

cheers.

Daemon Prince (175 pts)
    wings, warptime, icon of nurgle

Khârn the Betrayer (165 pts)

10x CSM (245 pts)
    2xmelta, 1xfist champion, dedicated rhino

10x CSM (245 pts)
    2xmelta, 1xfist champion, dedicated rhino

7x Khorne Berzerkers (427 pts)
    1x fist champion, possessed land raider

5x Chaos Terminators (450 pts)
    2xPF, 3x Pair of LC, 2x combi melta, dedicated possessed raider

2x Obliterator (150 pts)

2x Obliterator (150 pts)

the strategy is :

i'll not deploy termis in their dedicated raider and deep strike them where ever they are needed. i picked only 3 troops because i think with a lot of firepower i can get rid of enemy troops. the rest is pretty classical; DS oblits and nuke tanks, tear enemy infantry or monstrous creatures apart with Kharn and capture objectives with CSM squads. Kharn will be deployed in the raider with zerkers.

i'm not really sure how to make an efficient termi squad but i thought 4x (6x on assault) power fist attacks will take care of tanks and 9x (12x on assault) lightning claw attacks can take care of any non-vehicle. i thought they can get the enemy out of its transport with combi-meltas and then assault.

well, these are my thoughts.. any advice will be appreciated

oh btw, its a 2007 pts army list and i'm not sure where from i should cut that 7 points. need help with that too

Last edited by akivara; December 6th, 2010 at 10:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Yeah, only 3 troops choices is slightly sketchy, but more so ... why not deploy a melee-based Termie squad in their Land Raider? You lose the assault DS'ing them in, so they make for an obvious target to shoot to pieces before they accomplish anything. That would be a huge tactical mistake in my opinion. Get them in that LR from the start, drive 12", and assault what needs assaulting. Back them up with those Berserkers and Kharn vs any infantry, and you're golden. To save your 7 extra points, you could even cut those combi-meltas without affecting your list much. You've got plenty AV elsewhere.

Otherwise, things look alright. Keep that DP behind the 'Raiders until he can assault. Maybe start one squad of Oblits on the field if there's good cover in your deployment zone, and get some early shots in to support your assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah i just checked 40k rulebook and yeah i thought DS units can't move but can assault.. obviously i misremembered and u're right, they can't assault. OK so termies goes back in the raider

+ Reply to Thread