<2000 1200p Chaos Space Marines against Black Templars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1200p Chaos Space Marines against Black Templars

Hi again

As I'm just coming back to tabletop after 2-3 years of... pause I need some advice on this. I'm facing Black Templars and I know that their codex has just been updated. We're both as good as noobs and these first games are just Annihilate.

Besides the obvious he's probably bringing an Assault Terminator squad and a Dreadnought.

Here's what I thought to bring:

Daemon Prince, wings, MoK - 140 points

6 Terminators, IoK, 1 pair of Lightning Claws, 1 Heavy Flamer, 1 Chainfist, 1 Combi-Plasmagun - 245 points

10 Chaos Space Marines, Champion, IoC, Plasmagun, Lascannon - 210 points

10 Chaos Space Marines, Champion, IoC, 2 Plasmaguns - 205 points

1 Obliterator - 75 points

1 Obliterator - 75 points

Defiler, exchange the Heavy Flamer for a DCC - 150 points

1 Greater Daemon - 100 points

1200 points total

My idea was to advance the second CSM squad and have the Obliterators in positions where they can cover the stationary CSM squad should a Terminator squad appear near them. I would prefer to avoid any close combat with the enemy Terminators, so would have to focus fire them, should they Deep Strike.
    I think my Daemon Prince should be deployed from the start as there's a chance that he can assault in turn 2 instead of turn 3 if he was Deep Striked. Maybe he can draw some fire from the Defiler...
    Obliterators should also be deployed from the start, only my Terminators and the Greater Daemon should arrive through Deep Strike/reserve.

So what do you think? Too few anti vehicle shooting weapons?

Last edited by Chaospling; January 14th, 2011 at 20:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Haven't played against the Templars in a long while, but one thing I do remember not to do and that is advance towards them. They will do enough advancing - very quickly! - towards your lines due to Righteous Zeal (? can't remember), so I would be hanging back and letting them smash onto my gunline.

Maybe upgrading one or two Terminators to Champions and giving both of these a pair of Lightning Claws wouldn't go amiss, as this would give you a couple more options for your Greater Daemon to appear. If your existing Aspiring Champs go down, the GD isn't going to be able to join the game. You should be able to get most of the points for this by dropping a single Termie.

The other thing I would consider doing is taking the Mark of Slaanesh on your Daemon Prince and your Termies. That higher Initiative is invaluable, especially when you're up against another combat orientated army.

Hope this was helpful.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot. I think you're right about giving the IoS to the Terminators so they and my Daemon Prince are possible counters to his Terminators. I will not throw away more points than I have to when letting the Greater Daemon possess a model, so I'll just stay with the existing champions. But now I have 15 points I can play around with in the Terminator squad. I think I'll use them on 1 pair of Lightning Claws and a combi-weapon.

Maybe I also will deploy the Terminators instead of Deep Striking so if I'm lucky I can assault his Terminators before he can assault mine.

My Daemon Prince is modeled as a having the mark of Khorne so I have to let that be.

This was really helpful. If you have more input, I'll be glad to listen.

+ Reply to Thread