<2000 Help with my lall daemons represented list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with my lall daemons represented list

I have a few of these models but was hoping for advice to make a great army list that has a bit of everything. Iam looking for any advice however critical. I would like to use it competitively too.

HQ

Skulltaker on juggernaught
    Herald of tzeentch on chariot (We are legion, Master of Sorcery, Bolt of Tzeentch, Demonic Gaze)
    Keeper of Secrets (Transfixing Gaze, Pavane of Slaanesh, Daemonic Gaze)

Elites

3x Flamers
    5x Bloodcrushers
    5x Fiends (unholy might x1)

Troops

10xPlaguebearers (Noxious touch x1, Icon x 1, Instrument x1)
    10xBloodletters
    10xHorrors w/changeling (Bolt of tzeentch x1)

Heavy Support

Soul Grinder with Phlegm
    Demon Prince with Mark of Nurgle, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies, Aura of Decay, Boon of Mutation

I think i might be lacking in av, ive heard that screamers are a bad choice. I dont like the sound of the soulgrinders av weapon either. maybe swap out keeper of secrets for bloodthirster and add an additional daemon prince with slaanesh upgrades mainly pavane of slaanesh. im not on a points cap here, i just wanna have a great army list that covers all areas. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

As i see it right now, your army lack speed and anti army capabilities for enemy transports. bloodcrushers and bloodletters are sick if they get to your opponent but they have to get there, i.e. a mech army is a problem, with MC and vehicles go big or go home is a saying i abide to, one soul grinder is not gonna make it alive, same with your MC's get a third and maybe a fourth

more direct sugestions:
    -get musk for your KoS so you can slingshot it through his army
    -drop skulltaker, he can fund another another tzerald with points to spare
    -i'd drop the flamers and add either blodcrushers or fiends
    -drop one bloodcrusher as the footprint is really large with 5 (personal opinion) and get the upgrades instead for for wound allocation
    -drop the plaguebearers to a 7 man squad, 7 are fine for sitting on an objective, 10 doesnt really kill more and the points could be better used, sugestion: take the 3 spare and make another 6-7 man plaguebearer unit
    -i would drop the horror unit to a five man, though some people argue for a 10 horror squad, be aware that bolt is pretty useless on a large horror squad as you forfeit too much firepower to use it well for 50 % chance of a hit. but if your have the points and nowhere else to use them then by all means...
    -drop the soul grinder as it is your only vehicle in the army... guess where your opponent will aim his meltas?
    -get more daemon princes, eg. MoT prince with bolt, MoS prince with pavane, iron hide and aura or more nurgle princes.
    -drop the boon on the nurgle prince and get wings and hide on him, he's a monster like that to infantry and other MC's alike...

hope the changes won't take it out of your comfort zone, but it would definitly make it more competitive...

4. LikeMad Cat liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice, you rekon 2x 5 man horror squads both with bolt is a good idea. also maybe instead of getting keeper of secrets get a bloodthirster and then maybe a slaanesh daemon prince for pavane. not sure about those daemonn prince upgrades, they are expensive especailly if i get bloodthirster i wont need wings. and daemonic gaze instead of boon? i really like skulltaker tho, and on a juggernaught surrounded by letters he will get into combat most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread