<2000 1500 point khorne world eaters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point khorne world eaters

HQ

kharn the betrayer - 165 pts
    daemon prince
    /w.warptime MoN
    - 175pts

troops
    khorne beserkers x8

skull champ
    power wep
    melta bombs
    - 203 pts

troops
    khorne beserkers x8

skull champ
    power wep
    melta bombs
    - 203 pts
    troops

khorne beserkers x8

skull champ
    power wep
    melta bombs
    - 203 pts

rhino
    20 DP - 55pts

rhino
    20 DP - 55pts

heavy support

land raider

20 pts DP - 240 pts

defiler w/ hF + CCW
    - 150pts

total - 1449

should i change this at all???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Not a bad list at all. You might consider swapping the Defiler arms for two additional c.c. weapons. Also, the power weapon + melta bomb combo is ok, but not entirely reliable. For one thing, you still need high strength attacks for monstrous creatures. Overall, I'd upgrade at least two of your squads with fists and drop the melta bombs altogether. Even against infantry, the fist is typically the better choice.

The major issues I see are: 1) No solid long-range tank busting. You need a way to crack open enemy transports at range, so you can charge the same round with your zerkers. 2) Low target count: You only have 4 targets for your enemy to focus on at range (i.e., 2x rhinos, a defiler, and a land raider). This isn't much, especially against IG. The rhinos and defiler won't last past the second round.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Not a bad list at all. You might consider swapping the Defiler arms for two additional c.c. weapons. Also, the power weapon + melta bomb combo is ok, but not entirely reliable. For one thing, you still need high strength attacks for monstrous creatures. Overall, I'd upgrade at least two of your squads with fists and drop the melta bombs altogether. Even against infantry, the fist is typically the better choice.

The major issues I see are: 1) No solid long-range tank busting. You need a way to crack open enemy transports at range, so you can charge the same round with your zerkers. 2) Low target count: You only have 4 targets for your enemy to focus on at range (i.e., 2x rhinos, a defiler, and a land raider). This isn't much, especially against IG. The rhinos and defiler won't last past the second round.
    what i usually do is hide my rhinos behind my land raider so they have a 14AV shield so they will at least survive another turn most of the time
    i also have a las predetor built up if i could put that into it somewhere?
    i have my defiler as mostly long range support to take out enemy elites and stuff like that, then my land raider or defiler could deal with most tanks, thanks for the advice, i also have some bikes and chaos daemons and stuff like that, i thought i could turbo boost them up second turn and try and tie up a unit. what would you reccomend dude

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Sounds good. A single Land Raider is so big and durable, that it can usually withstand a couple rounds of ranged hate. Although, if you're going up against Tau or other armies renowned for S10 weapons, then you'll have some trouble.

Predator: Keep it on the side line for now. In the present environment, our codex functions best with close combat builds with only slight investment in long range tank-busting. Plus, while the Defiler is a great ordinance lobber, at the same time, you'll probably need it as a close combat support unit during the later half of the game. Make sure you're advancing it every round towards the enemy line. This will also force your opponent to either deal with the Defiler at range, or ignore it and face the consequences of its melee.

My only suggestions would be:

1) Swap out the power weapons and melta bombs for power fists.
    2) Drop daemonic possession on the rhinos. It's not worth adding over 50% to their cost, especially considering that extra armor effectively does the same thing for our non-shooty transports. Then again, I wouldn't even take extra armor. Any additional points should be reinvested in more zerkers.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Sounds good. A single Land Raider is so big and durable, that it can usually withstand a couple rounds of ranged hate. Although, if you're going up against Tau or other armies renowned for S10 weapons, then you'll have some trouble.

Predator: Keep it on the side line for now. In the present environment, our codex functions best with close combat builds with only slight investment in long range tank-busting. Plus, while the Defiler is a great ordinance lobber, at the same time, you'll probably need it as a close combat support unit during the later half of the game. Make sure you're advancing it every round towards the enemy line. This will also force your opponent to either deal with the Defiler at range, or ignore it and face the consequences of its melee.

My only suggestions would be:

1) Swap out the power weapons and melta bombs for power fists.
    2) Drop daemonic possession on the rhinos. It's not worth adding over 50% to their cost, especially considering that extra armor effectively does the same thing for our non-shooty transports. Then again, I wouldn't even take extra armor. Any additional points should be reinvested in more zerkers.
    thanks man , much much appreciated
    when facing shooty armies i normaly just pop smoke and hide behind my raider again so at least something is going to make it there to cut some people up, and the more people cut up is less people shooting at the people who end up walking XD cheers man

+ Reply to Thread