<2000 1500 Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Iron Warriors

Hey all, just getting back into the game after a few years and wanted to play my old chaos army. Im trying to make a competitive list thats good enough to handle most anything.

HQ

Daemon Prince 155
    wings
    mark of slaanesh
    lash of slaanesh

Troops

x10 Marine squad 265
    Aspiring Champion
    Combi-Melta
    Power Fist
    Mark of chaos glory
    x2 meltas
    Rhino

x10 Marine squad 265
    Aspiring Champion
    Combi-Melta
    Power Fist
    Mark of chaos glory
    x2 meltas
    Rhino

x10 Marine squad 265
    Aspiring Champion
    Combi-Melta
    Power Fist
    Mark of chaos glory
    x2 meltas
    Rhino

Heavy

X3 Obliterator Cult 225

Predator 175
    Twin-linked Lascannon
    Lascannon sponsons
    Combi melta

Defiler 150

Ive also played around taking out the defiler, one squad of marines and one of the obliterators in favor of a squad of zerkers and a squad of termies, anyway, any help would be king =D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

not too bad. conventional wisdom says 2 things. one is that your pred would work better with an autocannon turret, and doubling up your defilers might help, for which i would drop the pred( but it just might be that i do not prioritize preds over your troops)

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'd either make the Predator an Autocannon/HB variant or drop it. In any case, drop the Combi on it because you'll almost never use it. Double up on one of your other choices if you do drop it, personally I like double Defilers but Oblits are far from bad.

You can get away with losing the Combis on the Sarges as well if you need points but you don't seem to be in dire need right now. I might move the Combis onto the Rhinos, it's very handy for your assault elements (Defiler, Prince) because you can double your tank busting pleasure when you show up on Turn 2-3. Matters more often then you would think.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiCSM View Post
    Ive also played around taking out the defiler, one squad of marines and one of the obliterators in favor of a squad of zerkers and a squad of termies, anyway, any help would be king =D
    I played against a list similar to this with my 'nids in a campaign recently. The only things left at the end of the game were his Terminators but they were too far away/too slow to contest objectives.

Good and bad points, but I know that most Chaos armies I plan have Terminators in, the 2+/5++ is just too attractive.

+ Reply to Thread