<2000 1000 point game against Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point game against Eldar

Hi everyone

Got a 1000 point game against Eldar, his list entails 2 squads of Dire Avengers in wave serpents, a prism tank and a farseer on a jetbike with 1 or 2 body guards. Here's what I am thinking of using:

Daemon Prince
    Lash wings 155

Daemon Prince
    Lash wings 155

CSM X 10
    Champ with Fist
    2 X Melta guns
    Rhino 245

Berzerkers X 10
    Champ with Fist
    Rhino with C/melta 295

Oblits X 2 150

Total: 1000

Now firstly i'm not sure about 2 Daemon Princes, the only other HQ I have is a Terminator Lord though. I never pass psychic tests against Runs of Warding. They are good at taking out the tanks and charging the infantry nonetheless though?

I took regular marines over plague marines as I wanted to try get them into close combat, or are plaguers better against this Eldar list?

2 Oblits, some power fists and 2 meltas should be enough to take out those tanks, the prism tank always hurts me pretty badly

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'd drop one Prince for more shooting if you have it, Lash isn't really that good against Mechdar. You can pull the Farseer to you but that's about it, I'd rather have some more things to open those transports at range.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the prince, two lashes arent going to be that useful when most of his army are hiding in tanks. Why not consider dropping one prince, and then making your first prince a tzentch for bolt of change? and with the points from the other prince you could put in something anti tank, I'd suggest a deffy or another team of oblits.. but im no expert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice, I dont really have any other range anti tank at the moment though :/

What about dropping a prince, reducing the berzerker squad down to 8 and removing the rhino's combi melta. Then putting in 10marines with a champ and power weapon, 2 meltas and a icon of chaos glory? Only problem is the squad wont have a rhino..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.. well lets see, obviously you're more powerful in the assault phase than the opponent you're playing against can be. so dont drop berzerkers, they'll rip apart the squads of dire avengers if you can get up close. the only real problems i see in the opponents list are the fire prism and the farseer with council. i'd expect he'd have singing spears to pop tanks with his council. so then.. what you really need, is more anti tank to deal with the problem.. more oblits would be nice, or anything that you could just send at that tank or that seer without worry of it just getting demolished. you need the transports for your troops cause they'll get tore apart by bladestorm if the avengers get the jump on you.. but you should be more capable of popping their transports then they are yours.. so maybe a tzeentchy prince like i suggested? that'd be a way to add a bit of anti tank that could also absorb a couple turns of the prism firing if need be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again, il be getting a defiler and 2 more oblits after payday, for now its either double prince or 1 prince with another CSM squad, which one is recommended? I know it's not ideal but I have to until payday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well actually, if you can find the points for both princes, go ahead and keep a lash. his goal will be to put down the farseer and council. the tzentch prince would only focus on taking care of the prism, and that would leave your troops to do what they do best kill other troops and their transports. maybe use the lash in conjunction with your oblits plasma cannons to kill of that dang annoying psyker, ot you could just try to lascannon down the prism with them, its all about which poses the more direct threat at the time i suppose. main thing is to keep out of that prism's line of sight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright il try it out, is it worth trying Bolt of Change with Runes of Warding out, usually seem to fail all my tests :/ If I fail I guess the 4+ helps against the double save for perils.

+ Reply to Thread