<2000 New 1850 Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 1850 Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 1850 Army

I realized I made some beginner mistakes in my last army post. Hopefully this one is better. Let me know what you guys think:

1 Chaos Daemon Prince
    -Wings
    -Mark of Tzeentch
    -Warptime
    -Wind of Chaos

1 Summoned Greater Daemon

6 Chosen Chaos Space Marines
    -1 Aspiring Champion
    -Icon of Chaos Glory
    -5 Meltaguns
    -2 Meltabombs
    -Rhino

7 Plague Marines
    -Plague Champion with Power Fist
    -2 Plasma Guns
    -Rhino with Havoc Launcher

8 Plague Marines
    -2 Meltaguns-

8 Plague Marines
    -2 Meltaguns-

2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators

1 Defiler
    -2 Extra CC Arms
    Ø

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x2)

i wouldn't have exclusively plague marines. they are really hard to kill, but they are best served in a defensive capacity. you don't really have any troops that are CC threats. while we can kill troops with our plasma and melta guns, nothing kills more for us than good ol fashioned CC. why not shave some points by making one of your squads regular CSM with a power weapon wielding champ? this way when they charge they are sure to get a nice number of kills. for 200 points you could get a squad of 10 with two flamers and a AC w/PW. then again it's all about how you want the war to unfold.

i also dont' see the need for the AC on your chosen. they have leadership 10 anyway, and you don't have them kitted out for CC. why use the points if you get nothing for them?
    I love the smell of promethium in the morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it the greater daemon is possesing the aspiring champion? you might want to be careful if the enemy takes out your tank hunting squad hes gonna split apart a plaguemarine champion worth 63 points -ouch the gd's are quite good at 100 points each but when you factor in the champ they are killing off then they start to add up..

even best case situation you could just pay the 130 and get a prince with wings -slightly (only just) worse profile pays off in terms of reliability.

I think maybe exchange the oblits for a vindicater and predator -150 points apeice can get some
    nice upgrades and more weaponry.

*it's been brought to my attention by a roomate (wh's annoyingly looking over my shoulder) that chaos daemons don't "posses" people anymore and don't suffer from instability however in case you are under that impression please read page 61 of the codex -if i'm mistaken I appolagize but i don't believe its been faqéd...
    Last edited by SeanBurton; April 7th, 2011 at 07:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I put the AC in the Chosen in hopes of outflanking with them and turning him into the Greater Daemon. Figured one of those popping up on the enemy's back door could be dangerous. They can't ignore it because it'll tear them apart and if they put too much firepower on it, then it takes a lot of heat off my main force. Plus it'll free up the remaining Chosen to capture an objective or harrass the flank.

I'll swap out the smallest plague unit with some Khorne zerkers. That should add some reliable CC. I'm going to keep the oblits though.

I was working out the greater daemon strategy based on page 61 of the codex. I wasn't aware the rules had been changed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

1. The rules for "summoned" demons hasn't changed. No where in the CSM faq does it state that it has. Follow the rules on page 61 as normal.

2. Having said that, "summoned" demons just don't bring anything to a CSM list. You're better off taking another DP or using the points elsewhere.

3. Chosen ~ Give the AC a power weapon, only your AC would need meltabombs so drop the other, and can't comment on icon usage since I never use them.

4. Plague Marines ~ One or two squads are fine for this point level. I'd give them plasma guns and use them for taking/holding objectives. If you want a weapon for your rhino, I'd suggest the TL bolter or combi-weapon. The havoc launcher is nice, but at the rough expense of a CSM.

5. I'd bulk up your list with one or two CSM squads, with meltaguns and rhinos. An AC with a PW wouldn't hurt either.

6. Your defiler will be the first thing your opponent will shoot at, and at AV12 it won't be too hard to pop. (I'm not a fan of them) With some advice, I went with 2 squads of Oblits and a vindi ... and never looked back. Multi-wound squads and AV13, will last quite awhile, and do truckloads of damage before your opponent figures out how to silence them.

+ Reply to Thread