<1000 1k chaos demons- khorne and nurgle maybe. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k chaos demons- khorne and nurgle maybe.

Skarbrand 300

Beasts of nurgle x4 (noxious touch) 150

Bloodletters of Khorne x10 (fury of khorne) 170 points

Bloodletters of Khorne x10 (fury of khorne) 170 points

Daemon Prince of Khorne x1 (daemonic flight, iron hide, blessing of the blood god) 195 points

This is not so competitive but more for fun and to play against people i know who use tau, necrons, space marines, and blood angels. would definatly love suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I play khorne deamons on a regular basis and when played right with only running and assualt in mind in all your turns you can usualy pull out some brutal wins. A lot of armies are playing all shooting and mech, which means that they will stay away from you as much as possible. With flying deamons and cover abuse and running every turn our close combat monsters do get to them and will get to them and then they are lunch.

The beasts of nurgle are too slow, I suggest changing them to some bloodcrushers. Bloodcrushers are one of our most solid units in the book.

I suggest changing Skarbrand into a normal thirster cause I find he makes his points back better than skarbrand.

Blessing of the blood god is really good right because it allows a 2 plus ward save vs force weapons...All the grey knights are packing force weapons. MUHAHA

My list at this level looks like

bloodthirster
    -blessing of the blood god

deamon prince 195
    -wings
    -khorne
    -iron hide
    -blessing

9 bloodletters

9 bloodletters

6 bloodcrushers
    -fury
    -instrument

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your just looking for a fun list to play, something different, then go for it, but to be totally honest, the list in question isn't going to be very competitive. I feel your working you list to counteract a very shooting army yet you have no way of catching your enemy. You have one DP with wings but the rest of your army is going to struggle to get into combat on your terms. If your playing Tau who can fly all over the shop or Necrons with destroyers who can move like the wind or have their warriors teleport via the monolith or blood angles and their bikers... how will you catch them. You have virtually no shooting ability and you only have one model who can assault from 18inc away. Based on the different opponent armies listed that you are most commonly going to play against, i feel you need to add more speed or more shooting choices into your list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so umm fiends of slaanesh could be placed or maybe flamers of teeznech. hhhmmmm its all kinda difficult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most competitive armies are made up of a "mono" god list, a little bit of everything. You need to decide which direction you want to go. For best shooting you can't beat horrors or a herald of tzeentch on a chariot or a DP with bolt/daemonic gaze. A DP has a BS of 5, that baby is hitting everything on a +2 roll. For running down fast moving skimmers, Fiends who can assault up to 24inc's or a DP with wings who can assault up to 18inc's are a great choice. Decide on your army theme then have a good read of the codex, you will see what troops stand out. I'm not saying that a Nurgle/Khorne army list would be bad, it's just playing against a fast moving army, you need to consider faster moving troops. Also have a look at other army lists available, there are some great ones floating around out there.

+ Reply to Thread