<2000 1500 pts of Chaos Spehss Mahreens!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts of Chaos Spehss Mahreens!!

HQ
    Deamon Prince- MoS,Wings,LoS 155
    Elite
    5xTermies-Hvy Flamer, PF 165
    Troops
    10xCSM-2x MG, AChamp,PF Rhino 245
    9xKB Rhino 224
    Fast

Heavy
    2 Oblit 150
    2 Oblit 150
    Defiler 150

Im up for suggestions and critique. im hoping for a competative all comers list. so let me know what you think. (im new to Chaos and ive always wanted to play as them. being an Ork player i rather admired those Spikey boyz =P )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

What are you planning to use the terminators for?

Not going for nurgle marines? I can understand going for the regular marines (aestetically I do myself too), but T5 is nasty.

Slightly concerned that the bezerkers are going to drive off and ahve everything shoot them as they are your only 'assaulty' unit with mobility other than the prince.

Liking the obliterators and defiler though!
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x2)

the big problems i see are the terminators and bezerkers. what makes our terminators so great is their cost and the fact that combiweapons are only 5 points a pop. i know only getting one shot sounds like a waste (it did to me too when i first started), it really isn't. with the combi's they can take out transports, tanks, and MC's with relative ease, thus earning their points in a hurry. also, we don't get TH/SS variants to our termis, so without combiweapons we really don't stand a chance against their terminators. 3 combi-plasmas and a HF can really take it to tough units. think about it.

also, the bezerkers need to be your vanguard. they want blood, and they should have it. give them a champ with a fist, as the enemy will surely avoid letting them slaughter lighter infantry. zerks need to be kitted out to take on the biggest and the baddest, and a champ with a fist will help for that. also, 9 is a bit overkill. after 8 in a squad you start to just waste points. with 8 counting a champ with fist you will have 28 S5 attacks on the charge plus 4 S8 powerweapon attacks. that should be enough to cripple a squad and slap any IC's in their way.

so drop a terminator and a bezerker and get a skull champ with a fist and two more combi weapons for your termis and you have a solid list.
    I love the smell of promethium in the morning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

An icon here and there would not hert your CSMs and would let the termies land where you want them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks guys for the responses. *ponders* ouch. ill do some numbers and what not and see waht i can figure oot =D

HQ
    Deamon Prince- MoS,Wings,LoS 155
    Elite
    4xTermies-Hvy Flamer, 3xCombi-(plasma? or Melta?)140
    Troops
    10xCSM-2x MG, AChamp,PF,IoCG Rhino 255
    10xCSM-2x MG, AChamp,PF,IoCG Rhino 255
    8xKB-Champ, PF Rhino 243
    Fast

Heavy
    2 Oblit 150
    2 Oblit 150
    Defiler 150

There ive made the wee lil changes and what not. Quick question of the DP, is it worth it? the +1 I and the LoS? its useful yes, but is there other neeto stuff i could do??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

with only one DP, i would suggest running warptime instead of lash. lash is best used with dual princes, and frankly, warptime is way more fun to play.

if you drop the icons that will give you the 20 points you need to get MoT and warptime. the 4++ is amazing. it's like having permanent cover.

the only other suggestion i would give you is to put a fist on your termi squad. you don't want them stuck in CC with a walker or MC.

other than that it is a solid list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, wow, wish i could give more reps to you already haha (stupid everything)

so Ill do that. =) PF on the Termies, drop the Icons, switch to MoT and WT. Dude muchly Appreciated =)
    but the issue is this tho, that comes up to 1508 points *gasps in horror* so currenlt the list (at 1508 ) would look like this
    HQ
    Deamon Prince- MoT,Wings,Warp Time 175
    Elite
    4xTermies-Hvy Flamer, PF, 3x Combi weapon 150
    Troops
    8xKB-Champ, PF Rhino 243
    Fast

Heavy
    2 Oblit 150
    2 Oblit 150
    Defiler 150
    Last edited by Jakare; April 27th, 2011 at 03:45. Reason: adding army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

most friendly games will work with that. i've never played with anyone who whined about overages. for an all-comers list i wouldn't mess with this list. but if you absolutely had to drop the 8 points you could go with MoS instead of MoT. the extra initiative is nice but it all depends on what armies you will face. if you drop all marks and just go warptime that will give you 1488. you can then add a combiplasma on a rhino. these are nice because you don't have to worry about get hot, and it's a nice blow to a unit before you charge it. that will take you to 1498.

+ Reply to Thread