<2000 Chaos Undivided army help, 1000 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Undivided army help, 1000 Pts

Hi all.

Need a bit of help with helping a friend of mine creating a competitive (as possible) army list.

I personally have never played CSM and so I cannot deliver any experience when it comes to aiding him in building a list at the level he'd like. But hopefully those within this subforum can.

Anyway the models he's bought in his first month within the hobby are as follows:

Battle Box set:

15 CSM
    Rhino
    8 Berserkers
    5 Possessed

Bought recently:

Defiler
    Deamon Prince
    10 Slannesh Deamonettes (planned to be used as lesser deamons, cause, they can, and they're purple.)

Anyway please feel free to make whatever list possible with the above, add a few things even - he'd personally like a 1000 pts army for starters, that'll hold it's own at 1000, as well as possible. So 1000 pts competitive would be great, but anything else higher would still be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I'd say a start is:

Daemon Prince, wings, warptime, Mark of Nurgle

10xChaos Space Marines, Aspiring Champion, Power Fist, 2xMeltagun, Icon of Chaos Glory, Rhino
    8xBerzerkers, Skull Champion, Power Fist

Defiler, +1(or +2)xClose combat arm
    2xObliterators

973p

That should leave some room for a few smaller upgrades...
    win some, lose some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

An hour only to get a reply, appreciated.
    I read the Chaos codex last night after borrowing it also so I have a bit more knowledge on them. Not just know-how on how to kill the things.

Nice list too, thanks, If anyone else has any suggestions, all welcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

at this time the possessed are not really a strong choice, but by mixing their parts in with the other 15CSM or even on some of the berserkers can give you some very good looking troops, allowing you to make 2x 10 CSM and 8 berserkers. for when you are ready to move towards 1500 points.

you should have at least one rhino per troop selection, and every troop selection should have a power fist. Defilers and oblits to fill out your heavy section and you have the basics of a competetive CSM list

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner37 View Post
    you should have at least one rhino per troop selection, and every troop selection should have a power fist unless they have a mark of Slaanesh.
    Prisoner37 has the right of it. Also, when you bring in those summoned daemons, I'd bring them in as 2 squads of 5, personally. Arjuna's list is pretty darn strong and a Nurgle prince should be fairly resistant to any newbie mistakes you might make with your new favorite hq choice ever! I also personally feel that defilers are best with nothing but extra CCWs. Generally, I second every suggestion here! *Raises an oversized mug of Slaaneshi Redbull/Everclear/?????/Cocaine*

+ Reply to Thread