<2000 2000pts All Gods Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Somewhere in the Warp eating some pie
    11 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

2000pts All Gods Army

My friend has been kind enough to lend me their Chaos Daemons army so that I can decide whether to get one or not. I have a fantasy Daemons of Chaos army and thought I would give their 40K equivalent a go. Here is my list.

Keeper of Secrets - Soporific Musk, Unholy Might. 235

Herald of Khorne - Chariot of Khorne, Fury of Khorne, Unholy Might. 110

Herald of Tzeench - Bolt of Tzeench, We Are Legion, Master of Sorcery. 95

5 Bloodcrushers of Khorne - Fury of Khorne, Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos. 240

3 Fiends of Slaanesh -. 90

10 Bloodletters of Khorne - Fury of Khorne, Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos. 200

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeench - Bolt of Tzeench. 180

10 Plaugebearers of Nurgle - Noxious Touch, Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos. 190

10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh - Transfixing Gaze, Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos. 175

3 Nurgling Bases -. 39

Fast Attack

4 Screamers of Tzeench - Unholy Might. 69

Heavy Support

Soul Grinder - Phlegm. 160

Daemon Prince - Mark of Nurgle, Iron Hide, Daemonic Flight, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies. 215

Total 1998

First Cohort - Keeper of Secrets, Fiends of Slaanesh, Plaguebearers of Nurgle, Daemonettes of Slaanesh, Nurgling Bases, Soul Grinder, Daemon Prince.

Second Cohort - Herald of Khorne, Herald of Tzeench, Bloodcrushers of Khorne, Bloodletters of Khorne, Pink Horrors of Tzeench, Screamers of Tzeench.

I've based it around the Tetragon of Darkness and is very similar to another Chaos Daemons army belonging to one of my female friends. Both halves contain fast moving, hard hitting units, units to seize objectives with and hold them and some sacrificial units to distract and tie up enemy units for a turn or two. There are also enough Chaos Icons in either cohort to ensure that the second wave arrives where I want it to.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Jared van Kell; June 20th, 2011 at 00:06.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

2. Remove Advertisements

Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

34 (x2)

The list looks pretty decent for an all gods lists. I like the style that you are going for.

Every unit looks good and has its place but a few of them are a miss and will waste you games in the long run. The fiends unit is too small, I suggest getting rid of the nurgling bases and the screamers and with those points bump the fiends up to 6.

The nuglings will not do any good until they are at a higher level of models, they will just get stomped on by anything they touch. The screamers wont really achieve anything either until they have a lot more models, and neither will the fiends, but the fiends are very important and you will find out why when they start to tear units apart

Then take off the icon on the deamonettes unit, and use those points to buy a chariot for the Tzeentch herald.

San Jose
    15 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Do you really have to use all gods? I understand if you're doing it for fluff reasons or if you have a theme, but from a gaming perspective, you're just gimping yourself.

I'd say, instead of a tetragon, just make it a triangle of darkness or less. Keep it to only 3 or 2 gods. You'd do much better in games by doing so.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread