<2000 1500 Nurgle, tough as nails - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1500 Nurgle, tough as nails

Ok, so I love Nurgle and I want to make a really tough intimidating force that just grinds the opposition into dust through attrition. Let me know what you think:

Daemon Prince; MoN, Wings, Warptime 175

Greater Daemon; 100

7 Plague Marines; Plague Champion, 2 Flamers 186

7 Plague Marines; Plague Champion, 2 Meltas 196

6 Plague Marines; Plague Champion, 2 Plasmas, Rhino 216

Land Raider; Daemonic Possession 240

Land Raider; Daemonic Possession 240

Defiler; 2 extra close combat arms 150

The list is pretty self explanitory in how it plays, 2 land raiders advance covering defiler and DP, plasma squad holds rear objectives, DP and GD annihilate units the other two squads hold in place. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements

Liverpool, England
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

I like the vibe, but think you need a few changes:

I would lose the Defiler for 2x Obliterators, as your ranged anti-vehicle shooting is very limited.

I would also lose the Gtr Daemon as you need more Troops.

Lose 1 marine and the champ from the Plasma squad, and give the Rhino a Havoc. This squad can then sit on Objectives in or near your deployment area. Dozers are good too.

With the Daemon and altering as above, you will have 138-15 for the Havoc = 123 pts. If you lose Warptime too, you can have another 5 PM with 2x PLasmaguns.

Hope this helps

Lord Ramon

Sherbrooke, Quebec
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

The greater demon is not mobile enough to be a huge threat. I would drop him to make the champions in the land raiders carry powerfists. The champion in the plasma squad is now useless without the greater demon so I would drop him also.

You would really better off with one more troop in a rhino if you could. I would also switch the 2 flamers for 2 meltaguns to have more anti-tank capabilities.

Demonic possession is good when you have spare points, right know you're missing troops so I would drop the possession for points to add more troops.

The defiler is nice but I always keep the reaper autocannon so I have more long range anti-tank. Obliterators could fit the bill also but being the only infantry on foot in your whole army is not the best. Getting a predator with autocannon and sponson lascannons saves a few points and keeps with the hard as nails theme of the army.

I didn't count the points but if you do not have a lot an icon on 1 troop and 5 lesser demons is only 70 points total so you can fit that pretty much in any list.

Hope this helps
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

+ Reply to Thread