<2000 1850 tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x2)

1850 tourney list

this is an option i'm really liking. i'd have to playtest it first naturally, but i like what it brings to the table.

HQ

kharn-165
    DP w/wings, MoT, warptime, doombolt-185

elites

4 termies CM, 2 CP, HF, PF-150 in a land raider -220

troops

8 BZ AC w/PF in a rhino-243
    7 PM AC w/PF 2 PG in rhino-266
    10 CSM AC w/PF 2 MG in rhino-245

HS
    defiler -150
    2 oblits- 150
    oblit- 75

total-1849

now here's the idea. kharn and termies take the raider straight up the middle and look scary. i split the oblits up into two units for more shots to bust transports. the defiler is there is hopefully get shot, but if it doesn't then it has crowd control. the prince is for charging tanks and supports the bezerkers. plaguers take the center and fry whatever moves. i'll keep the zerks right behind the raider for cover with the prince in tow.

I love the smell of promethium in the morning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

Since your termies are in a land raider give them 3 combi-meltas so that when they shoot a tank they kill it and can assault it's content, sitting in the open with nothing to assault is a risky proposition.

You demon prince would be better with bolt of change instead of doombolt. You lack tank killing and Str8 Ap1 is pretty good to open tanks.

Plasmaguns are good to have when you allready have plenty of meltaguns, you only have one set, so I would give the plague marines meltaguns instead of plasmaguns.

The plague marine champ with a powerfist is ok, but I would drop him completly to get the points for bolt of change on the demon prince. With the spare points combi-flamers/combi-meltas on the rhinos or CSM champ. A IoCG or IoK could be nice also.

I don't like single land raider lists, it feels like all eggs in one basket and usually is. Run two or run none that is how I see it.
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would drop Kharn and instead boost the termies to 5 and take IoK too to make up for the lost combat power. Mix in a few L/claws etc and you should win most combats easily. Use the spare 100 -130 points to add an oblit and take IoCG on Trioop #3 and add combimeltas to the rhinos.

You could also replace doombolt with wind of chaos for a laugh or take a lash prince.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

after doing some playtesting i'm just not feeling the land raider with termis inside. it's just too much of a point sink. here is the next list i will test.

HQ:

2 DP w/wings, MoT, warptime, bolt of change-400

troops

8 BZ AC w/PF rhino-243
    7 PM AC w/PF, 2 PG, rhino-266
    10 CSM AC w/PF, 2 MG, MoK, rhino-275
    10 CSM ML-160

HS
    defiler w/TLAC -150
    predator w/AC and LC sponsons-130
    3 oblits-225

total-1849

this gives me 4 nice assault units, 7 anti-armor units, and some decent template action. i've been testing my army against marines at 1850, and it seems as if that is really where they shine. i've had more trouble here than at 1750 or lower.
    Last edited by uber; July 19th, 2011 at 18:34.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

What's the rationale behind the CSM las cannon squad? That's over 150 points for a single S9 weapon. It really is best to leave heavy weapons out of our troop choices. We just can field them efficiently. Also, why the las cannon on the Defiler? I mean, it's not a horrible backup weapon, but most of the time, you won't be using it. Other than those, it looks decent. BoC is rather expensive for the Princes, but you could do worse.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: Expensive and not the best antitank weapon around. Stick with Doombolt as it can use warptime in its shooting too. Breath/wind of chaos is really good with warptime. I have seen one prince with this and a lash prince stacking units up to get shot by it. Danjones it was, very effective.

Troops: Squads 1-3 are decent. Squad 4 could be replaced by 6 noise marines with sonic blasters or 6 PMs with 2 plasmas. Both these can hold home objecitves from in cover and lend fire support.

Heavy: Defiler should take all CCWs. If the battlecannon gets shot off just fleet into combat.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

i like bolt of change to take out AV11 and under. that opens up my bigger guns to go tank hunting. that's also why i like the TLAC on the defiler. i prefer that to the BC for transport busting if it's in range.

so i dropped the fourth squad and replaced it with a squad of deepstriking terminators.

here's the new list:

HQ:

2 DP w/wings, MoT, warptime, bolt of change-400

elites
    4 terminators 2 combi plasma, combi melta, heavy flamer, chainfist, AC on the chainfist--165
    troops

8 BZ AC w/PF, icon, rhino w/combi melta-258
    7 PM AC w/PF, 2 PG, rhino-266
    10 CSM AC w/PF, 2 MG, IoCG, rhino-255

HS
    defiler w/TLAC -150
    3 oblits-225

total-1849

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Just to be clear, if a vehicle fires an ordinance weapon, then it cannot fire any other weapons that turn. So, the las cannon on the Defiler really is a secondary weapon. Just something to think about.

Here's another option. Regarding your original list, if you dropped your 10 man las squad, along with BoC from just one Prince, you'd almost have enough for two dreads with either missile launchers or multi-melta.
    Last edited by Rabbit; July 20th, 2011 at 18:19.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

Like rabbit suggested, two dreads with missile launchers could be pretty good in the list. I would drop 1 demon prince to fit the 2 dreads. I would also change the plasmaguns on the plague marines to meltaguns because I don't se to much of those in your army. That would free up the points to give heavy flamers to the dreads also.

For your terminator setup, get 3 combi-meltas instead of 2 plasmas and 1 melta. A suicide termi squad is not there to kill marines or terminators, it's there to kill a 150+ point tank so make sure they do there duty right and pack them with melta.

So your list would go as so.

HQ:

DP w/wings, MoT, warptime, bolt of change-200

elites
    4 terminators, 3 combi melta, heavy flamer, chainfist, AC on the chainfist--165
    2 X Dread with missile launcher and heavy flamer

troops
    8 BZ AC w/PF, icon, rhino w/combi melta-258
    7 PM AC w/PF, 2 Meltagun, rhino-266
    10 CSM AC w/PF, 2 Meltagun, IoCG, rhino-255

HS
    defiler w/Twin-Linked AutoCannon and extra close combat weapon -150
    3 oblits-225

total-1849
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

so i tried my list against my space marine friend, and it worked really well. basically he devoted so much fire to my princes that my oblits were able to fire uncontested and really do some damage. offensively, however, the princes didn't do anything.

i'm now considering dropping one of them for either a land raider for my terminators or a couple of dreads. my only worry with the dreads is that i just don't think they are the most competitive use of points for a tournament. a land raider with a karmoon special inside is a very high priority target, and the best part is that it is no big loss if it gets taken out. it is just around 400 points or less. i really just want to make it easier for my troops to get down field and my oblits to be able to fire safely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast