<2000 1500pt Chaos Space Marine List - Advice Wanted - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Chaos Space Marine List - Advice Wanted

Hi All,

Been working on my renegade chapter and am playing around with my list and wanted the opinions of the LO community on if this is any good or not...

Chaos Lord and Chosen - 330
    Lord - MoT and Daemon Weapon
    Chosen - PF, 2 x Flamer, 2x Melta
    Rhino

(2 of) Chaos Space Marine Squad - 250 (500)
    10 models
    Champ with PF/Combi-Flamer
    Melta and Flamer
    Rhino

Raptors Squad - 175
    6 models
    Champ with PF
    Flamer / Melta

Terminator Squad - 495
    4 x Termie Champ with LC
    1 x Termie Champ PF/HF
    Mark of Slannesh
    Land Raider

1500pts on the nose. General idea of the army is to get in to assault quickly and beat the living stuffing out of it. I know people will prob not like my termie build but in a couple of test games they have performed amazingly well..with 5 attacks each on the charge, striking at I5...Lord and Chosen in Rhino have one of two options: 1. Just skirt up the board 2. Lord takes Rhino and the chosen infiltrate/outflank. The Raptors are there because i have made a nice conversion unit using SG and Assault Marines, I would like the opinions and anything that is majorly wrong with the army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I'm actually a fan of termie deathstars...especially Lightning Claw ones.

The only changes I'd make would be to give each squad either all flamers or all meltas, that way your anti-tank capacity increases drastically. I'd also drop the combi-weapons on the champions and put them on the rhios instead.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: I would prefer a lash sorceror. The ability to drag enemy units into charge range or into a flamer template shape can be very useful.

Elites: Chosen are ok if you like to outflank. I would take all flamers or meltas and put a combiflamer or melta (oposite to what the squad has) on the rhino. Termies would be cheaper with IoK but this way you keep the better initiative. Upgrade the PF to CF if you can.

Troops: Take 2 meltas and IoCG per squad. flamers rarely fire more than once per game so add combiflamers to the rhinos if you are woried about hordes.

Fast: Take 2 of the same special weapon.

Heavy: OK
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the above suggestions of focussing your special weapons rather than splitting them, I'm wondering if the LC Termis need to be champs. Currently the 4 of them will inflict 7.5 unsaved wounds on MEQs when charging, whereas non-champs would inflict 6 (just as good v most units) and save 40 points to buy 2 more chosen/raptors increasing survivability of either. I'd go for 2 more chosen as a buffer against losses to the Meltas. One alternative would be swapping out the chosen flamers for LCs, which will help if the Lord rolls a '1' for his DW.
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me personally i would put mark of slaanesh on your lord, which gives you the blissgiver (<3 this weapon) and initive 6 which is also great
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

+ Reply to Thread